Tell us about your toons and gaming style!

53 members have voted

1. 1. How many toons and Net-7 accounts do you play, total? Don't count guild vault toons/accounts, please...

• One account, one toon.
    • One account: two toons
    • One account: more than two toons
    • At least two accounts, one toon per account.
    • At least two accounts, two toons per account.
    • At least two accounts, more than two toon per account.
  2. 2. Do you multi-box / multi-login, and if so, how often and why? Choose any that apply.

• I do not multi-box/login. I use only one toon at a time.
    • I duo-box/login infrequently, usually to shuffle things between a mule and my primary toon
    • I duo box frequently to level up my lower toons.
    • I duo box frequently with a mining toon and an ore storage toon.
    • I duo-box high level combat toons (farming)
    • I tri-box on a regular basis
    • Quad-boxer here.
    • I am a penta-boxer and am probably in need of a life, or a cure for my ADHD.
    • I am a hexa-boxing (6 PCs or logins!!) freak of nature... and I actually do it RATHER WELL.
  3. 3. How many MAX level, non-GM/non-DEV toons do you have (MAX means almost ALL skill points filled - pretty much a OL200+ equivalent toon, all weapons, builds, class defining abilities, and techs maxed)

• None.
    • 1 max toon
    • 2 max toons
    • 3 max toons
    • 4 max toons
    • 5 max toons
    • More than 5 max toons
  4. 4. How many raid-gear equipped OL150+ toons do you have - not including the MAXED toons in Question 3 ?

• None.
    • 1 raid-gear equipped toon at OL150+
    • 2 raid-gear equipped toons at OL150+
    • 3 raid-gear equipped toons at OL150+
    • 4 raid-gear equipped toons at OL150+
    • 5 raid-gear equipped toons at OL150+
    • More than 5 raid-gear equipped toons at OL150+
  5. 5. How many toons from OL135 - OL149 do you have?

• None - any toons I have are below OL135.
    • None: I've gotten all my higher level toons to OL150
    • 1 toon between OL135 - OL149
    • 2 toons between OL135 - OL149
    • 3 toons between OL135 - OL149
    • 4 toons between OL135 - OL149
    • 5 toons between OL135 - OL149
    • More than 5 toons between OL135 - OL149
  6. 6. How many toons under OL100 do you plan to raise to raid-gear equipped OL150+ ?

• Only my one primary toon.
    • At least two toons (that I can likely duo-box together)
    • At least three toons that I can play as needed to support my guild in a raid in a variety of roles
    • As many as I possibly can before the end of ST4...
    • Probably none for the time being.
  7. 7. What was your playing style during the EnB LIVE™ era (2002-2004) ?

• I did not play EnB LIVE™: but I was/have been an intermittent gamer (less than 5 hours per week)
    • I did not play EnB LIVE™: but I was/have been a casual gamer (between 5-10 hours per week)
    • I did not play EnB LIVE™: but I was/have been more than just a casual gamer (about 2 hours per weekday, 4+ hours some weekend days, and up to 15 hours per week)
    • I did not play EnB LIVE™: but I was/have been a elite/powergamer (more than 4 hours per day/20 hours per week)
    • Intermittent EnB'er (less than 5 hours per week) with very few OL150+ toons if at all.
    • Casual EnB'er (between 5-10 hours per week) with a one or two OL150+ toons
    • Hardcore raid EnB'er (about 2 hours per weekday, 4+ hours some weekend days, and up to 15 hours per week) with several OL150+ toons
    • EnB powergamer / raid leader with several MAXED toons with elite gear (more than 4 hours per day/20 hours per week)
    • I had the Betty Ford Clinic for addicted MMO gamers on speed dial for most of the early 2000's...
  8. 8. What is your CURRENT gaming style in EnB Emulator?

• Intermittent - less than 5 hours per week: family / job / school / other social committments tend to have the highest priority for me. This is just a hobby ~ ;)
    • Casual gaming style - (between 5-10 hours per week)
    • Somewhat hardcore gaming style (averaging about 2 hours per weekday, 4+ hours some weekend days, and up to 15 hours per week total)
    • Powergamer - (more than 4 hours per day/20 hours per week)
    • I *STILL* have the Betty Ford Clinic on speed dial, or am currently wrecking my fifth marriage due to my obsessive gaming. Oh, and did I tell you I hexa-box all my raid geared maxed toons really well...?

A wee survey to see how well developed the server user base is (I'd ask the Slayerman or one of the other devs to get an extract of this from the Database, but until then, we'll rely upon this utterly unscientific poll :blink: )

I like to play all one race toons and all my toons body and face will usually be identical with the only differences being clothing... I am not really a roleplay person... but I consider my toons all the same person that just does different things... this is why I would like the TS to make GOD DAMNED REACTORS... so I can stay within my theme and still accomplish ingame goals... (as stated previously, I would even be happy with a jenpie that I could make look like a terran... so as not to disrupt anyones precious but unrealistic ideas of balance, cuz if a TS making reactors destroys a class or race... then that class or race is already screwed and needs serious help)...

I will always dual box or even trip box enb... mostly cuz I need to be somewhat self reliant... my play times vary and I hate getting into a grp and then have to leave 20 min later... also cuz its a nusiance to have to bother people for transfers or get ripped off by people on trade... although I rarely use trade... if a guildie or myself cant make it we get it so we can... this also why TS making reactors has no impact on the game imho... at least for our guild...

In Static... everything is built free for guildies and many times if you try and sneak in a tip, the builder will cancel trade cuz they dont want your credits... but from reading the forums I guess thats not the case with most of the server...

Edited by Avani

"I *STILL* have the Betty Ford Clinic on speed dial, or am currently wrecking my fifth marriage due to my obsessive gaming. Oh, and did I tell you I hexa-box all my raid geared maxed toons really well...? "

:lol:

I would probably be considered a hardcore gamer in live though I only had one maxed character despite playing for a year and a half. To be fair though I had more than enough high end gear on that character (my JE). I was mostly just collecting gear and slowly leveling my 4 other characters.

interesting poll though

I only play a few hours a week, nothing like i did in live. Even though its nice to have E&B back, i just cant get into the game when some devs think that its OK to have a mob 1 shot a fully equipped toon from 20 K away, so Im just kinda playing the game more as a break from STO.

I only play a few hours a week, nothing like i did in live. Even though its nice to have E&B back, i just cant get into the game when some devs think that its OK to have a mob 1 shot a fully equipped toon from 20 K away, so Im just kinda playing the game more as a break from STO.

I feel like this is a bit of an exaggeration unless maybe you're a JE fighting arenzael the master...

if it's not and you really feel this way let us know the where and why. We want to keep this game fun for you.

I agree with this only in the raid catagory though, the other mobs are a bit more painful then they used to be but it's the raid mobs that need to be scalled back on there range. I don't even go to the Fishbowl anymore, just because it's a pain just to get in there and get set before the Master is shooting at you while trying to form up at the gate.

I rarely play now days but I thought to comment on one of the options... :)

"I had the Betty Ford Clinic for addicted MMO gamers on speed dial for most of the early 2000's..."

I fit in that category but scarily enough the ONLY MMO I played at the time was Earth and Beyond... There should probably be an option for "I stayed up longer than 24 hours taking breaks for food playing Earth and Beyond only the entire time." Actually during the last Halloween I think it was more like 48 hours... :lol:

If you're wondering no I wasn't working at the time lol. Comes with the territory of temporary disabilities.

I think the Master (the L66 boss fish who is often in close proximity to the gate/spatial rift inside FB) has actually been scaled back with the latest update.

Previously, he could two-shot my PW if (unbuffed) leaving my hull with only the thinnest sliver of a few hit points; fully buffed with TE rally and Ivory Ward/CFB/TT ultracharge I'd die in three shots easily.

I was in FB a couple of nights ago with my PW, and had already had my shields down to nil and was fleeing the Life Stealers NE of the gate, and the Master hit me twice (with no shields!!) and I still had substantial hull left.

The first hit registered as I came out of warp, the second hit registered as I gated into Cooper side of the Tada-O gate.

Previously, a double hit from the Master vs. my PW without shields would have been instant KO for me.

In Live I played casually to moderately, sometimes for long periods of time without rest or food. Had a JE and JW that I loved playing, and after sunset announcment I tried out a TT and PE. I liked the PE immediately, a miner that could fight back more effectively than my JE though she had energy issues, that my JE didn't have at comparable levels of development. The TT really didn't arouse my interest as much, so I just used her for a comp builder.

In the emulator I play a bit more casually since there likely will be more wipes, at some point in the future, before emulator reaches live status. I have tried each class in emulator a little except the TT and PW. I spend most time on my JT (150) and JE (133), but I have spent considerable time leveling my TW and Scout's TLs so they could build weapons & devices respectively. Will probably play my TW a bit more in the future, since I do like the class somewhat, same for my Scout, and Sentinel. If my TW reaches 150 before live I might try pairing him up with my JT and have her support him with reactor buffs and shield recharge. I usually don't dual box, other than to transfer items, but I might try it at some point in the future.

Edited by Terrell

I agree with this only in the raid catagory though, the other mobs are a bit more painful then they used to be but it's the raid mobs that need to be scalled back on there range. I don't even go to the Fishbowl anymore, just because it's a pain just to get in there and get set before the Master is shooting at you while trying to form up at the gate.

Signed!

We took a group in there after the patch, 2 PW, 2TT's, and a TW. Our main damage dealer started on the master, and both of us TT's couldn't keep him from dying. We have since given up on FB altogether. dry.gif

It's not like our group was using crap gear either, the masters dmg per shot is less, but his cycle times on weps is... wow.

Plus he had some help from one of the other bosses that nobody had shot at. FB used to be loads of fun, now just a deathtrap for folks that enjoy equipment damage and debt. :)

Right now my suggested tactic for zoning into FB is:

- Send the guy with the lowest uncloaked sig and highest scan (typically an explorer class, preferably a PE with HDC buffs and a CFB for survivability in case the Master is hugging the gate rift) and immediately cloak (if a Jenpie) and fly upward to about 20km on the Z-axis. I usually do this on my Scout with a 0.2 sig since he can thrust/impulse out of danger pretty quick. This guy is the sacrificial lamb, and

- Buff everyone else outside the gate with TE stealth rally, buff with Pleiades reactor and/or Musca devices; switch to SS4 engine for Progens and Trifid 8/9 or BlackSpeed 8/9 for everyone else; load Zenshai Nav Computer (ZNC) after all buffs are up.

- "The first guy in" - his job would be to ensure that the gate is clear (The Master has been hanging out about 10-15km and about -1km on Z-axis or so from the gate). With stealth buffs up, this should not be a problem, unless some chucklehead recently dragged Master to the gate - in which case wait for the Master to "go home".

- When safe, everyone else gates in, and THRUSTS (not warping) up to the "first guy in".

Kassina's over level 180 and is my most skilled and well-equipped character; Zeppelin (TT) comes in at a distant second at level 153 or so (he still needs skill points to get level 9 shield tech and area shield recharge). Kassen (JD) and Hauser (PP) are both between level 70 and 90, though I haven't really given them enough attention lately.

As for the Fishbowl, fortunately now Kassina doesn't get KO'd in one shot while gating as she used to, but I have noticed that using Power Down upon entering doesn't shake attackers off.

My PW play style is as follows ... like a crack head running down the street naked. I think of my PW as such. after freebasing... burning, and you keep going and going and going........

536974481_damn.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I generally play my toons a bit "conservatively", that is, they are a bit risk-adverse.

Following the damage/increased likelihood of quality damage in July's patch/nerfs, I *usually* don't fight with my PW until he is a smoking hulk with only 3% hull; if I am taking on something with considerable DPS, I'll probably equip kiting gear and drag the TT out for heals.

I probably do best with my Terran toons by kiting (given enough room, enough ammo, and no funky tethers).

None of my Jenquai toons are high enough to do any serious combat, but the basic pattern with them seems to be "cloak - sneak up to them, beam them, shield drain, and when in danger of getting ventilated, toss them (teleport enemy), re-cloak..." rinse & repeat.

In live I played A Jenquai Defender, I was the Leader of

the guild Eternal Order.

Eternal Order

I was kind of a neat and Order freak, We did it by the numbers and we

made sure everyone of every level had a Leveler to help them.

When that leveler exceeded that level range he progressed and another

took his place.

My JD helped orchestrate all the guild raids, power leveling, builds etc..

I started out with a combination of Beams and Missiles.

I kited prey a few levels over my level :)

In a group I switched to beams.

When I hit 150 I dropped the Missiles and did a Call Forward to start using

Projectiles, Man they were dam fun !

Because I used Missiles and Later PL's I had to max out weapons build for

the ammo.

I had maxed out Energy Leech, Psionic shield and Summons.

For some dam reason I was always the Group leader, I guess my guild

liked my driving :). It did help that I kited everything solo and I knew where

I was going when I was driving.

The Best time I had was killing the Mordana, I was so in to it and focused

that I didn't care about the Defenders Pride, Defenders Doumoru(Spelling)and

the Sting of the Mordana That I had left in the corpse's :).

Good thing Lordfalcon was paying attention !

I didn't mind being the Summon's Medic in the Fish Bowl it was fun keeping

Everyone alive.

It was one of the things the JD was ment for.

Phorlaug.....

Edited by Phorlaug