Ability to see groupmate's reactor levels

First off, a big THANK YOU to all the devs and support members for having the heart and the skill to revive this great game - you're doing a great job, and I seriously can't thank y'all enough!

Admittedly, this suggestion falls into the "down the road" category, but once the core game is stable enough and we dare consider modifying the original UI, it would be a literal godsend to be able to see my groupmate's reactor levels, being a JE and all.

I love playing a JE - love mining, sneaking around with cloak, etc. I also love grouping. Being able to see my group's reactor levels would help me help others, especially once the Phoenix energy transfer device is unbugged.

Cheers,

Kohr

I could add this as a /reactorlevels command, then you get a text dump of the reactor % for the group at that time, if it would help?

You can use the cursor-up button when the chat bar is showing to repeat a command too.

• Upvote 3

I could add this as a /reactorlevels command, then you get a text dump of the reactor % for the group at that time, if it would help?

You can use the cursor-up button when the chat bar is showing to repeat a command too.

Better than nothing :)

There are a few things i'd love to change on the UI, but yeah, editing the client is a bit of a dodgy area sadly. I really wanted to add debuff icons on mobs as well so you can see when a buff has ran out, as per below mockup:-

tweak2.jpg

There are a few things i'd love to change on the UI, but yeah, editing the client is a bit of a dodgy area sadly. I really wanted to add debuff icons on mobs as well so you can see when a buff has ran out, as per below mockup:-

Impressive mockup. If only we had the client source... (sigh)

Thought for sure I was on to something:

When you mouse over someone, grouped or ungrouped - a yellow % number (next to the yellow range #) usually appears. This is the person's current shield %, not their reactor %. The only requirement in order to see this seems to be to not have the person targeted, oddly enough.

Too bad we can't cycle to reactor info (as we can to current shield info) at the bottom of the target window.

- Kohr

Edited by Kohr

tweak2.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice.

Of all the Client changes this one would be the most

useful.

1) You can see your Group mates reactor and thereby

use the Reactor transfer buff on some of the devices.

2) You can see if your EMP weapons are doing there job

to the NPC or another player (in a PVP environment)

3) We can see if the Jenquai Defender's Energy Drain is

working correctly or at all on a NPC or another player.

(in a PVP environment)

The Reactor Level is a very important part in every

aspect of the game it's just as important as the shields

or Hull.

As a JD I have not put any points into Energy drain

because I just don't know if its working and can see it's

effects. (I have put point in it while playing LIVE)

The Only time that a JD could tell is at a higher / Highest

level where the Energy Drain Sphear comes in.

We can drain the energy from every NPC or Player in a 5.0k

Sphear around the JD and transfer that to the group members

Only then will the effects be noticed.

Phorlaug...

• 3 months later...

Not to beat a dead horse..but.... :)

I just believe this would be so nice and useful to see in game.

From what I understand any modification to the Players HUD is a Modification to the client. Is this correct?

Since you / we can not modify the client can you do something like this?

Is this considered server side code where the Player / NPC reactor bar is attached directly to the NPC or player?..

post-1135-040153000 1287096038_thumb.jpg

Just a thought.

And wishful thinking :)

Phorlaug.

Not to beat a dead horse..but.... :)

I just believe this would be so nice and useful to see in game.

From what I understand any modification to the Players HUD is a Modification to the client. Is this correct?

Since you / we can not modify the client can you do something like this?

Is this considered server side code where the Player / NPC reactor bar is attached directly to the NPC or player?..

Just a thought.

And wishful thinking :)

Phorlaug.

Unfortunately, that's still client-side. Anything graphical really is client-side. The only thing we can do to send you extra info is to do so through text, either in the chat or system message window, and I doubt you'd want to use slash commands or text to check your target's reactor level (I wouldn't, at least).

I think it could be possible to show this info on the scanner(mini HUD).

I changed the right click info like this:

post-3-040248000 1287172110_thumb.jpg

Seems to me there is a place to store the info of reactor energy for the clients use. Its not the correct value right now but maybe the memory space for this random information(seems random) is usable for the reactor energy value of mobs.

greets

Hexergirl

Seems to me there is a place to store the info of reactor energy for the clients use. Its not the correct value right now but maybe the memory space for this random information(seems random) is usable for the reactor energy value of mobs.

greets

Hexergirl

Interesting, JWs could see if Energy Leech actually does anything to a mob's reactor.

• Upvote 1

Interesting.

So the damage amounts we are seeing pop up as we are shooting an NPC

are those numbers coming from server side?

If so, maybe we can get a NEW damage color to show reactor drain?

which is totally random on its position as it is displayed.?

(Please don't say Client side)

Can someone post on this thread the Damage color and types

The actual color sample on this thread would be awesome.

I can try to get that up when I have time.

Phorlaug....

greets

Hexergirl

Wow, that's not a photoshop job? How did you accomplish this?

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry forgot about that thread.

As i said i don't know for sure if that place is usable, just it seems so to me. Depending on your target, there could be placed the reactor energy, maybe.

I have just used the ability to display the energy or shield, now in the HUD as rightclick info.(tooltips are in ini folder)

greets

Hexergirl

we could solve this in the meantime by having a /greactor command that textually displays your group members reactor levels as a percentage and a /greactormax that shows you what the actual capacity is.

This way, you can get the reactor % of your team-mates and know who to charge.

I know it's not pretty ... but at least it would work.

It is possible that later we could do something a bit better, but for now having a static dump of reactor % would allow the JE (or whoever) to know who needs more juice on a quick to read priority level.

we could solve this in the meantime by having a /greactor command that textually displays your group members reactor levels as a percentage and a /greactormax that shows you what the actual capacity is.

This way, you can get the reactor % of your team-mates and know who to charge.

I know it's not pretty ... but at least it would work.

It is possible that later we could do something a bit better, but for now having a static dump of reactor % would allow the JE (or whoever) to know who needs more juice on a quick to read priority level.

Now this sounds like we (the players) can set a /greactor shortcut Key,

Like: Target Player or NPC, Press enter-Press F12(/greactor) is that possible?

Phorlaug..

um ... yeah if you have one of those nifty modern keyboards with the macro buttons you could easily do that. I think there's also plenty of software available that will map F12 to one of those functions.

Used a Nostromo n52 during Live. Works great still.

The newer model n52te, while flashy and shinier, is not as good imo and not just because it got te in it. :(

• 1 month later...

So actually this does work - both commands that is. 2 things to note - You have to be in a group, and in the same sector to read the reactor info. Both make sense, but no error messages are seen unless you are trying to use them solo. Cool!

Edited by Dakynos
Update

So actually this does work - both commands that is. 2 things to note - You have to be in a group, and in the same sector to read the reactor info. Both make sense, but no error messages are seen unless you are trying to use them solo. Cool!

Whoa whoa wait a minute.....

Are you telling me we NOW have a way to see a Players Reactor status ??

Phorlaug...