Progen Hull Mission Style

[Level 30: As close to live as possible]

[Level 50: Doing tasks for others, fetch and supply missions; told where to go]

[Level 75: Patrolling the borders of Progen Space, Killing enemies, Making new Friends, told where to go]

[Level 100: Support the effort to find a lost Ship. locate. combat. supply. build items]

[Level 135: Using ingame knowledge to solve problems, not get told where to go. Vague directions]

=========

Bonus Missions:

- Unlocked by completing Hull Upgrade Options (apart from those that you just paid for your hull)

- May not be immediately available, primarily tend to be higher level content

Options:

1. Give Credits - First option is always the bulk of the credit requirements, further credit options require the previous credit options. Split for HU 50: 75% --> 25%. Split for HU 75 - 100: 55% --> 33% ---> 12%. This means that if you only do the initial Give Credit option, and did other 'mission' options; you will still contribute more than half the hull upgrade cost. Credits are the fastest route to obtain a hull upgrade, but there are no bonus missions to the Credit option choices, you have to do other options to unlock bonus missions.

2. Combat: Fight mobs. Unlock bonuses will be more fighting of mobs!

3. Supply: Give items. Unlock bonuses more giving of items

4. Explore: Find things. Unlock bonuses more finding of things. HU 100 requires the explore option to be done (so the wreck is located) before the combat option may be obtained.

5. Build: Create things. Unlock bonuses more of getting things to build that may not be available people who didn't go this route. Agrippa Technology out of Nostrand Vor City unlock @ HU 50 {Components} and HU 100 {the rest}. However there are minimum requirements for these options. @ HU 50 (Build Skill: 3} @ HU 100 {Build Skill 5}. You can only enter selection for Agrippa Technology "Endurance in Combat" if you are a Progen and while you are doing this Hull Upgrade. As options cannot be selected after the hull is upgraded, it was your choice not to select some of the build options. Agrippa Technology is a very expensive route as it involves research and social missions.

Missions will be headed:

<Name of Mission> - Progen HU <Level> - [Version x.y.z] : Master Mission (Cannot be dropped)

Progen HU <Level> Option : <Name of Option mission> - [Version x.y.z] : Option Mission (May be dropped)

Progen HU <Level> Bonus : <Name of Bonus mission> - [Version x.y.z] : Bonus Mission (May/May not be dropped)

If you complete the options stage of a hull upgrade and you still have uncompleted other options in your mission log, these other options cannot be completed, so you must drop them. By your own hand you are selecting your destiny, and hopefully by reading this post you will have more of an idea as to how you want to procede.

Options allow for more options to be swapped in/out as the Story line progresses or even to support events

Reading the Tiberius Authorization Form will hint to where you can locate options if you have forgotten.

I sense it is getting closer to the end of this stress test.

I would like to suggest that the Progen missions have the requirements of the prior Hull Upgrade missions be removed (just for the rest of this ST). The rationale for this is that …well I’m bored and would love to test the missions for content, ease of understanding the steps, and basic game play.

I would do this with no reward (bonus mission mega reward) other than being able to spend my time in what remains of this test cycle testing. Rather than ammo comp collecting, and faction building/destroying (Faction seems to be working now btw).

Say the word and I will jump right in. As a bonus to you, I test and document with screen shots. The results I put into a pdf for ease of distribution and specific bug locations and severity.

Missions that you had access to you have access to.

The exception is the build mission/s and there is currently only 1 in the game (other than components) and the first tier of any of these builds is not for end-game use; its to supply gear to the lower levels.

Don't expect level 8/9 gear; expect level 3/4 gear.

"I would do this with no reward (bonus mission mega reward) other than being able to spend my time in what remains of this test cycle testing." <- from prior post

I think you missed my point. I was offering to test your missions be it level 1 or level 150. It seems as they are so fluid and ever changing, the amount of testing on these may not be optimal, I offered to do them just to test them. Not for a reward. I know you have said that you have one tester in prior posts and I am sure he/she does a great job. If you are happy with your testing results fine with me. I do listen to the chat channels and there does seem to be a fair amount of issues with these missions. So it seems there could be more testing done. This is a STRESS TEST after all.

Edited by Mimir

Theres no issues really, just a wording or two in item description.

The missions are working as intended, and they are to be treated as seeds rather than the full plant - eventually bonus missions may/will be implemented, at the moment the option style works.

Releasing the level requirement would be counter-productive to players who have restarted some characters to try this style. I'm currently working on lower level content etc, there will be no high-level progen content for a while, but the only way to really test the lower level content is to test it at the level required, and not be so uber as to sail by.

Theres no issues really, just a wording or two in item description.

The missions are working as intended, and they are to be treated as seeds rather than the full plant - eventually bonus missions may/will be implemented, at the moment the option style works.

Releasing the level requirement would be counter-productive to players who have restarted some characters to try this style. I'm currently working on lower level content etc, there will be no high-level progen content for a while, but the only way to really test the lower level content is to test it at the level required, and not be so uber as to sail by.

The first programmer in the history of computers to NOT have bugs or issues with their code... BRAVO!!!!

Are you a GOD?

No I'm not a GOD,

Missions were tested on the Developer server using a limited playerbase. Large Testing can be done on this server, but by the level desired.

I'm just slowly adding content that ideally should be done by characters of that level. Currently options won't really affect anyone because options have hardly any missions attached to them. The missions that will be attached to them will be compared anyway to each other. Testing these missions is simple, generate another character.

There are players currently in the game in live who have just done this. These missions are required to be tried at this level that they are based at, not overall level 150 characters who would find it far too easy. Also, if you see the 'Symbol of Honor' route, this does mean there will be several ways to obtain this, from combat and from supplying your builds.

The path branches and then comes back together for most high-level stuff. It just means that when it branches, different people will have gone down different side routes, and have gained slightly different rewards (unless they just paid for their hulls).

I respect your wish but with regrets I have to decline opening the new missions up to everyone. Hopefully there is still a little 'explore the unknown' left in the game. I've already stated that the bonus mission shield has been toned down with the duration of any positive buff activated, and will be updated once copied across.

My level >150 PS has completed two of the new missions (the level 50 bonus, and "Seize the Day" -- not sure where it fits) and there are still some major issues, at least with those two; the former being the worst. Even if it were possible for an overall-level-50-ish Progen to complete that bonus mission before getting level 7 weapons and shields, it wouldn't be remotely worth his or her time.

We had quite a discussion in our guild about this last night, thought I would ask a few questions. I have a PW who will be going through the lvl 50 HU soon, and wanted to get some clarification before I go into something that could end up being a waste of time:

1. Is it true that the bonus mission for the lvl 50 HU gives a reward that is lootable from mobs already in the game? (If true, seems kind of inconsistent with the 30 HU that gives the Shroud of the Optimal which you cannot find anywhere else)

2. Is it also true that one of the mobs that must be defeated in the lvl 50 HU is a cl40+ mob?

3. Is it still a requirement that the bonus missions from the lower HU must be completed along the way in order to complete the higher level ones?

I am a little concerned because progen has always been my favorite class, and it seems to me that the dev's are somewhat concerned with balance in the game (see Warriors Heart/Martys Heart/Jenpie devices being nerfed), why is it that the progen hull upgrade missions seem to be so much more difficult to complete than any of the other 2 classes?

We had quite a discussion in our guild about this last night, thought I would ask a few questions. I have a PW who will be going through the lvl 50 HU soon, and wanted to get some clarification before I go into something that could end up being a waste of time:

1. Is it true that the bonus mission for the lvl 50 HU gives a reward that is lootable from mobs already in the game? (If true, seems kind of inconsistent with the 30 HU that gives the Shroud of the Optimal which you cannot find anywhere else)

2. Is it also true that one of the mobs that must be defeated in the lvl 50 HU is a cl40+ mob?

3. Is it still a requirement that the bonus missions from the lower HU must be completed along the way in order to complete the higher level ones?

I am a little concerned because progen has always been my favorite class, and it seems to me that the dev's are somewhat concerned with balance in the game (see Warriors Heart/Martys Heart/Jenpie devices being nerfed), why is it that the progen hull upgrade missions seem to be so much more difficult to complete than any of the other 2 classes?

Progen have rewards for doing all the bonus missions, especially the higher level ones. Jenquai have no equivalent reward (of Jen items), for doing hull upgrade missions other than the L30 bonus. Not sure for Terrans, as my Scout and Enforcer haven't progressed far enough to say for sure (my Scout is somewhere between 50 & 75, Enforcer somewhere between 30 & 50).

Progen have rewards for doing all the bonus missions, especially the higher level ones. Jenquai have no equivalent reward (of Jen items), for doing hull upgrade missions other than the L30 bonus. Not sure for Terrans, as my Scout and Enforcer haven't progressed far enough to say for sure (my Scout is somewhere between 50 & 75, Enforcer somewhere between 30 & 50).

Ok, that kind of explains the concern about the progen bonus missions being more involved than the the other 2 classes, but I would still like to see an answer to the other 3 questions.

> Progen Developer

- Missions are subject to change.

What is happening is 'carrot' and 'stick'

The 'stick' being the new way a mission is coded

The 'carrot' being a potential reward that may or may not exist in future.

The Brimstone Ballista is a 'carrot' that was implemented to check a particular mission concept. This will be withdrawn in future as will the Crimson Force Barrier. Both will eventually become mob dropped own gear. Progen made gear will eventually come in.

I have a few more 'sticks' up my sleeve and a bag of 'carrots'.

I intend all options other than payment to have some 'carrots', but whether or not the 'carrots' are worth it or if the 'carrot' will exist from the start, time will tell.

If you can't get to the BB then the following may apply

1. Mission may have been withdrawn

<This then has the interesting possibility of older characters not able to access the new 'carrots' being able though to make older 'carrots' that no longer are available.

2. You did not do the requirement.

<Option currently to get the BB will have to go via the 'Explore' and the 'Combat' option, of a nature similar to the original mission before. Don't scream too much when BB and CFB eventually become removed as mission rewards>

So aside from the fact that you did not answer if a CL40+ mob is required for the lvl 50 HU bonus mission, let me see if I am understanding your analogy.

If you are a progen less than level 30, what you have to look forward to is a carrot at the end of a long stick. The carrot at the end of the lvl 30 stick is a really nice juicy carrot. However tied to that carrot is another stick. First of all, you may not be able to reach the end of this lvl 50 stick, but if you do, the carrot isn't quite as nice, but there is at least a carrot. And of course tied to this carrot is the lvl 75 stick with another carrot at the end. Now at this point, you can choose whether to chase this carrot (which of course has yet another (lvl 100) stick tied to it). If you choose not to pursue this carrot, you no longer have access to any of the carrots at the end of any future sticks (100 or 135).

Also, at some point, the person who is tying the carrots to the sticks could possibly decide to take the current carrots, throw them out for anybunny to get at and put better carrots on the sticks.

So I guess my new question now, if my progen bunny decides to chase down all the sticks and get these decent carrots, when the carrot provider decides to put the better carrots on the sticks, do I get those better carrots? Are these carrots only for new bunnies? Do I have to chase the sticks again? Or are we waiting for an instance where the master gardener decides to wipe out all the bunnies and start with brand new bunnies?

Luckily we are in stress test period, so if sticks get broken or burnt or carved into a ornament whih no longer is associated with carrots, then there is not a problem.

With the Agrippa Tech item(s); some of the Buffs or Debuffs may not be currently implemented for the item. You should read and understand what is going to happen with these item(s) though and when the debuff is implemented not cry 'nerf' to something that has been implemented as intended.

First Tier of Agrippa Technology will be 'low builds'

Next Tier of Agrippa Technology will be 'middle builds'

Final Tier of Agrippa Technology will be 'high builds'

All 3 classes of Progen will be required to interract with each other.

So aside from the fact that you did not answer if a CL40+ mob is required for the lvl 50 HU bonus mission, let me see if I am understanding your analogy.

If you are a progen less than level 30, what you have to look forward to is a carrot at the end of a long stick. The carrot at the end of the lvl 30 stick is a really nice juicy carrot. However tied to that carrot is another stick. First of all, you may not be able to reach the end of this lvl 50 stick, but if you do, the carrot isn't quite as nice, but there is at least a carrot. And of course tied to this carrot is the lvl 75 stick with another carrot at the end. Now at this point, you can choose whether to chase this carrot (which of course has yet another (lvl 100) stick tied to it). If you choose not to pursue this carrot, you no longer have access to any of the carrots at the end of any future sticks (100 or 135).

Also, at some point, the person who is tying the carrots to the sticks could possibly decide to take the current carrots, throw them out for anybunny to get at and put better carrots on the sticks.

So I guess my new question now, if my progen bunny decides to chase down all the sticks and get these decent carrots, when the carrot provider decides to put the better carrots on the sticks, do I get those better carrots? Are these carrots only for new bunnies? Do I have to chase the sticks again? Or are we waiting for an instance where the master gardener decides to wipe out all the bunnies and start with brand new bunnies?

Sometimes, the Carrot at the end of the series of sticks might turn out to be a rutabaga, or a parsnip, or on rare occasion, a chunk of Limberger Cheese. :D

Terrans are kinda in limbo for HU item rewards.

No Cygni Express Lurve on the distant horizon for us missile boats... and the TS is in need of much love.

Seeing the Woot! Lady (a.k.a. InfinitiCorps Executive Cailleach MacKellan, a.k.a. Mrs Grandma Grumpy-Pants) for a Hull Upgrade as a Scout who supposedly works for GETCo seems a little bit like an Apple programmer getting a promotion from Bill Gates.

• Upvote 1

Seeing the Woot! Lady (a.k.a. InfinitiCorps Executive Cailleach MacKellan, a.k.a. Mrs Grandma Grumpy-Pants) for a Hull Upgrade as a Scout who supposedly works for GETCo seems a little bit like an Apple programmer getting a promotion from Bill Gates.

+1 lol

we should start a thread to just suggest analogies for hull upgrade missions. Maybe for the terrans it can be a mouse dropped in a maze with moving walls that may or may not have cheese.

Well for the TS, it would be an unplugged refrigerator in the middle of a very large room, empty save for a few cans of SPAM in the middle of it. :D

Convenient as all get-out, but negligible reward?

Edited by -Seeker-

Terrans are kinda in limbo for HU item rewards.

No Cygni Express Lurve on the distant horizon for us missile boats... and the TS is in need of much love.

I agree. I bet she charges children money for halloween treats. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also considering a compromise, but this is unlikely to be implemented until September 2010.

It will give players a chance to bypass HU 50 - 135 until changes occur with the HU structure.

Hint. Think Spending *Tokens*.

I'm also considering a compromise, but this is unlikely to be implemented until September 2010.

It will give players a chance to bypass HU 50 - 135 until changes occur with the HU structure.

Hint. Think Spending *Tokens*.

Count me in as it seems almost every step of the level 75 HU has required the intervention of a GM. I would like to complete this mission so if possible Byakhee please do drop in as there a number of PWs/PS in this same mission limbo soup.

• 3 weeks later...

I just did the L100 Bonus Mission from Var (Capture the Cargo) and believe I found a bug.

When I was fighting the L66 Awakened Genetic Cargo, the mobs did 0 damage every time they shoot, so all I had to do was sit there and shoot while not taking any damage.

• 3 weeks later...

my PW got screwed as far as i can tell. no bb print. no bb ammo available. this is not a simple newbie friendly thing. its complicated with to many pittfalls. to work a character to level 135 and 150 to penalize it for so many off the wall reasons is not very satisfying. Why give a mission that has three chat tree direction then picking the wrong one from an arbitray reason ends your mission and its done. gone. your screwed....i don't know if its a bug or an inteneded evil dev trick so he can laugh and nerd rage. for so much hard work to get these quests in the game it sure is a source of a lot of grief and swearing and kicking. and hating of a dev that works hard. sure hope you strem line this and make it more friendly with less chat issues. less bugs. and less arbitray reasons for no good reasons for screwing you out of prints. especially when you work 20 hours previously to try to quailify to even do the level 135 prints.... i'm kinda pissed and need to say so. and the whine police can go to ****. i'm saying what my experience is.