Progen Hull Mission Style

odd...

I'll jhave a look at mission, the code should have auto advanced you, I'll ask Tienbau to check the code again for this requirement. The code should (as I understand) advance you if you are of that hull level or higher to the next stage of the mission.

OK, thanks.

Its something that Tienbau needs to look at.

The way mission work is that we get to use message_code with set range of arguments. We (as content developers, this includes myself and others) currently don't have access to the code that creates the message (well I don't - there may be some who are dual code/content developers) so missions tend to be a 'send message_code' or 'use code_header' in the mission that will then run the code that a Code-Developer has made.

Tienbau is the Code-Developer who made the code to allow the message_code "advance once hull equal or after" {this level}". In that mission there are two stages together, one that looks at overall level (in order to allow a hull upgrade) and the following once that looks at hull upgrade level (which is the one currently not working).

However, he is also busy on a lot of other code, and this may not be an immediate priority. I'm not removing the stages with this code in it, because that defeats the purpose of a stress test. Tokens may have to be obtained through old fashioned trade means. At least this way we will know when the code works... as your mission should automatically update.

Its something that Tienbau needs to look at.

The way mission work is that we get to use message_code with set range of arguments. We (as content developers, this includes myself and others) currently don't have access to the code that creates the message (well I don't - there may be some who are dual code/content developers) so missions tend to be a 'send message_code' or 'use code_header' in the mission that will then run the code that a Code-Developer has made.

Tienbau is the Code-Developer who made the code to allow the message_code "advance once hull equal or after" {this level}". In that mission there are two stages together, one that looks at overall level (in order to allow a hull upgrade) and the following once that looks at hull upgrade level (which is the one currently not working).

However, he is also busy on a lot of other code, and this may not be an immediate priority. I'm not removing the stages with this code in it, because that defeats the purpose of a stress test. Tokens may have to be obtained through old fashioned trade means. At least this way we will know when the code works... as your mission should automatically update.

Ummm . . . I'm really lost now. I'm not really sure what all this means as I don't know who does what . . . I just know that as a *player* I appear to be stuck. What are the "old fashioned trade means" that would allow me to obtain a token? I've gone back to playing my other chartypes for now, it's just so much more straightforward to know what they have to do and get it done.

You still can do your hull upgrades, these are separate to the Promotion Master mission.

The master mission awards token(s), Experience, Faction and gives a help as to where to go next. It does not provide any further means of upgrading your hull.

Please see patch notes for who to see for your hull upgrade.

You still can do your hull upgrades, these are separate to the Promotion Master mission.

The master mission awards token(s), Experience, Faction and gives a help as to where to go next. It does not provide any further means of upgrading your hull.

Please see patch notes for who to see for your hull upgrade.

Well my new PT is at lvl 18 now and still can't do lvl 10 HU. Initially while talking to Brook while I was lvl 6 or 7 the mission suddenly updated to step 2 and was telling me where I would go for my Lvl 30 upgrade (good ol' Ionna on Endriago). I opened a ticket and was reset back to step 1. I then got past lvl 10 and spoke to Brook again - same thing, jumped the mission to step 2 - and locked up the game again so that I had to exit to char selection - but I still have a n00b hull (unless hull strength 15 is what one gets after Lvl 10 HU - and two weps and one device slot). Been to Mars and talked to every NPC there - no dice. Back to Ars Bursa, nope. Even headed all the way out to the shipyards on a lark but, as expected, nothing.

So it's nice you saying one can still do their hull upgrades and all but it's not how it's playing out here.

The Privateer HU is separate from the Promotion Mission.

This has not been changed for 3 months so others have got past it fine. I'll have a look at the mission information to see if something innocuous may have been missed.

The Promotion mission for the Privateers is not their hull upgrade mission. It only lingers as a level 10 Hull Upgrade for the Warriors and Sentinels (it will likely be hived off later on to keep the hull upgrade different).

Stage 2 of the Promotion States:

"Advanced on completing your level 10 Hull Upgrade Mission from Imperator Brook on Arx Bursa (Mars Gamma)"

Looking at the missions the following mission awards your hull upgrade:

The Missing Transport 4/4 [Version 3.0.P]

This is the one where you have to destroy the red dragon freighter, now after returning to Imperator Brook, you go to mars, talk to kerr and then go to the shipyard. If you have had problems ask GM ro remove this mission for you to reattempt.

Apologies if any typo is done here, it seems I tend to post replies at 01:30 am in the morning.

The Privateer HU is separate from the Promotion Mission.

This has not been changed for 3 months so others have got past it fine. I'll have a look at the mission information to see if something innocuous may have been missed.

The Promotion mission for the Privateers is not their hull upgrade mission. It only lingers as a level 10 Hull Upgrade for the Warriors and Sentinels (it will likely be hived off later on to keep the hull upgrade different).

Stage 2 of the Promotion States:

"Advanced on completing your level 10 Hull Upgrade Mission from Imperator Brook on Arx Bursa (Mars Gamma)"

Looking at the missions the following mission awards your hull upgrade:

The Missing Transport 4/4 [Version 3.0.P]

This is the one where you have to destroy the red dragon freighter, now after returning to Imperator Brook, you go to mars, talk to kerr and then go to the shipyard. If you have had problems ask GM ro remove this mission for you to reattempt.

Apologies if any typo is done here, it seems I tend to post replies at 01:30 am in the morning.

The problem I was experiencing is that each time I spoke to Brook my mission jumped and then the session totally locked up and I had to logout to reset. When I would come back Brook wouldn't have any meaningful talk with me - so no missions . . . like the "The Missing Transport Mission". After *another* ticket and (again, really great) GM response I was finally able to get the Missing Transport Mission from Brook and proceed. There's something hinky going on there, though.

The first time the mission jumped ahead I was like lvl 6. That's definitely borked. After that it seemed like it was just trying to find the right spot in the timeline that would allow me to get the required mission.

I've completed the Missing Transport and successfully engaged with both Brook and Kerr and am on my way to Tiberius . . . and the, ugh, Ionna-J.

So it's all worked out now but there's still some glitches to be encountered.

Old fashioned trade is:

"Get given token" by ingame means ie "market" or currently "Friendly GM" but Tokens given shouldn't amount to more than 7 per player.

OK, a "Friendly GM" has given me the Tokens - which NPC's should I be talking to now? I'm Lvl 80 and at step 8 of 14 of "A Warrior's Promotion". Or will none of this kick in until I hit Lvl 100?

Depends,

There are limited choices for you at the moment.

All missions in the game are visible at the NPCs in Arx Magister in the Drinking Area.

Missions are being created but don't expect straight away.

Oh if there is a YYYYYYYY at ZZZZZZZZZ or something similar take it as there being no mission yet.

• Downvote 1

Depends,

There are limited choices for you at the moment.

All missions in the game are visible at the NPCs in Arx Magister in the Drinking Area.

Missions are being created but don't expect straight away.

Oh if there is a YYYYYYYY at ZZZZZZZZZ or something similar take it as there being no mission yet.

OK, I've got all the YYYY's and ZZZZ's - guess I'll check back at Lvl 100.

Its done that was so people have 'advanced' warning of the required skill/levels for doing Tokens.

Nothing initially will be uber..

... just these Token missions will unlock the higher level 150 missions. Capture the Cargo will become a High Level Bonus mission from a Level 100-135 Token option. Which means it will not require a token to do or repeat.

• Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

so after all

wasted time

no sense

and nothing works well with these missions .......

maybe on ptr or developers server but not for the players at all

description is hypocratic,

items not in game

developers explainations like none ( forget about help)

the work-out failed

if my garage would work like this maybe my car runs with two weels and without engine and I've been told just to imagine the rest and to read the manual right.

Edited by gretl

so after all

wasted time

no sense

and nothing works well with these missions .......

maybe on ptr or developers server but not for the players at all

description is hypocratic,

items not in game

developers explainations like none ( forget about help)

the work-out failed

if my garage would work like this maybe my car runs with two weels and without engine and I've been told just to imagine the rest and to read the manual right.

well that horse has been dead for a while but you can continue to beat it. Doesn't seem to change anything.

• 2 years later...