Progen Hull Mission Style

Well there will be no CFB or BB missions in the next patch.

I'm sorry but the CFB / BB was not intended to be a permanent mission in the game. It was a carrot implemented to iron out bugs in old missions. This carrot has come to the end of its lifespan.

If you need BB / CFB then I'm sure people will make them on the Market.

If this means you have to rely on other weapons then I'm sure the mobs can test their responses to other weapons. They have been whispering to me that surely the BB and CFB shouldn't be commonly applied against them. So I've listened to the mobs and maybe Tengu will be happier now.

Well there will be no CFB or BB missions in the next patch.

I'm sorry but the CFB / BB was not intended to be a permanent mission in the game. It was a carrot implemented to iron out bugs in old missions. This carrot has come to the end of its lifespan.

If you need BB / CFB then I'm sure people will make them on the Market.

Any chance BB ammo can be seeded in a vendor somewhere for players to analyze now that the missions are gone to get the ammo recipes? At least until ammo samples drop in the proper place? Or may be add it to a loot table somewhere perhaps the higher level combines in Moto?

Sorry no.

BB ammo is meant to be mob-dropped only.

BB weapon is meant to be mob dropped only (and it woudn't be in moto being bogeril)

There should be plenty of players now to provide both player made.

Agrippa Technology though may be a way forward.

And the Renegade progen when they have their own gear...

Sorry no.

BB ammo is meant to be mob-dropped only.

BB weapon is meant to be mob dropped only (and it woudn't be in moto being bogeril)

There should be plenty of players now to provide both player made.

Agrippa Technology though may be a way forward.

And the Renegade progen when they have their own gear...

There are plenty of exceptions where ammo that was mob-dropped only in live is being sold by a vendor in the emulator during the stress test just so that players can analyze them. Players have better things to do if they've gotten the ammo from your mission than stand around building stack after stack of ammo for a queue of players

See common sense and add it as a vendor sold item along with the other ammo please.

I guess those other ammo samples will be removed in the mythical live condition.

By this flawed logic then why not make everything in the game vender made so no one needs to loot anything.

It has always been said that, in the Progen missions:

- Missions are subject to change.

The missions that had this reward to them were flavour / bonus missions. They have been removed, they were at the end of a long and arduous / complex mission tree from a complex hull upgrade. Their removal is a consequence of simplyfying the Progen hull upgrades (as requested), and no longer are relevant to the current simplified hull path. This game is still in a stress test scenario, there are a lot more to put in than just these missions.

Those who had advanced their characters over the past 12 months with these BB / CFB missions in game, think yourself lucky to have the print. I'm sure you'll be able to supply the weapon / shield if needed. After all, there are other weapons and shields in the game that can be used too. It also lessens any pressure on the Terran or Jenquai team to put in similar missions awarding prints for very high items for their races.

BB came off originally a high named mob

CFB came of originally a high level mob

Hopefully, we will see them back in these mobs.

Alrighty ... I created a new toon on the PTR server, a little PW named Mimir. I did the 1st mission: Hold Your Foe, and I can 100% tell you that the gravity link does nothing on the level 0 mobs. Pretty graphic all chocolaty brown and all but does nothing else. I think the same no joy applies to the play server as well, and has been reported in another post.

I will continue to test these new missions as I get time.

Oh and I hope that my observations mean more and get better response than "Missions are in flux" :(

By this flawed logic then why not make everything in the game vender made so no one needs to loot anything.

It has always been said that, in the Progen missions:

- Missions are subject to change.

The missions that had this reward to them were flavour / bonus missions. They have been removed, they were at the end of a long and arduous / complex mission tree from a complex hull upgrade. Their removal is a consequence of simplyfying the Progen hull upgrades (as requested), and no longer are relevant to the current simplified hull path. This game is still in a stress test scenario, there are a lot more to put in than just these missions.

Those who had advanced their characters over the past 12 months with these BB / CFB missions in game, think yourself lucky to have the print. I'm sure you'll be able to supply the weapon / shield if needed. After all, there are other weapons and shields in the game that can be used too. It also lessens any pressure on the Terran or Jenquai team to put in similar missions awarding prints for very high items for their races.

BB came off originally a high named mob

CFB came of originally a high level mob

Hopefully, we will see them back in these mobs.

It's not flawed logic Byakhee - this isn't live.

Vendors in this stress test are already selling ammo samples that were drop-only in live. It's not breaking any rules to add BB ammo to these vendors now that missions don't offer them. It would take the stress off the players already with the BB ammo recipes who really don't want to spend hours each week making ammo for others who can't get the BB ammo recipe themselves.

You know it makes logical sense, stop denying.

:(

Bear in mind that the starting quests have not been tweaked that much.

Ok...so what missions are to be tested? What levels? I'm getting the impression that you really don't want the missions tested other than in a live setting? Being the only player on the test server is a bit lonley, and getting a lvl 0 toon up a level to test your missions is going to be a bit more than I signed on for.

Missions currently in game start from 50, but the master promotion mission is in game and that been amended. Currently there are no new missions apart from the hull upgrades from 50, what remains is re-assigned hull bonus to just become token factions. See NPC in Arx Magister for what bonus missions are in game.

Untill a certain mission code relating to skills can be resolved, then missions will remain as is for a bit. The only advancement will be AT missions. Little amendments have been done mainly relating to stages of missions / text to some of early ones.

Missions currently in game start from 50, but the master promotion mission is in game and that been amended. Currently there are no new missions apart from the hull upgrades from 50, what remains is re-assigned hull bonus to just become token factions. See NPC in Arx Magister for what bonus missions are in game.

Untill a certain mission code relating to skills can be resolved, then missions will remain as is for a bit. The only advancement will be AT missions. Little amendments have been done mainly relating to stages of missions / text to some of early ones.

So really nothing to test? LOL

Not to reopen old wounds or anything, but on the "other-emu-of-which-we-don't-speak", they have a test server that provides a slash command that you can set your levels wherever you want. So like in this case I could log any character or create a new one on the test server, and if the lvl 50 HU needs to be tested, I type in a slash command that sets my CL, EL and TL all to lvl 14 so that I can go straight to testing the lvl 50 HU.

Not to reopen old wounds or anything, but on the "other-emu-of-which-we-don't-speak", they have a test server that provides a slash command that you can set your levels wherever you want. So like in this case I could log any character or create a new one on the test server, and if the lvl 50 HU needs to be tested, I type in a slash command that sets my CL, EL and TL all to lvl 14 so that I can go straight to testing the lvl 50 HU.

That would be great, I just dont have the time nor energy to level up a new toon on the test server from level 0. (as fun as that may be) I deleted the lvl 0 toon no big loss there. But I would be happy to test if I could get something in the level range needed.

Theres nothing 'new' but the way the missions work / obtain / are implemented in Progen has changed.

The only things that are 'new' is hull missions from level 50+; the master promotion mission (changed); how Progen flavour missions now work etc. Foundations is what is being done at the moment.

So as I understand it you are saying (yet again) you do not need nor want the missions to be tested? Just looked at? I wonder if any of the other races need help in testing... as a Progen in live and two in this ST I am sooooooo confused trying to help you test these missions.

Mimir,

What is needed ideally is to check missions beyond the start zone, and the promotion mission to see if they flow more easily. Hull upgrades from level 50+ are new, and should be simple stages. A simple rating of "I got to step x and coun't continue" should suffice.

The hull upgrades should be fairly fast and easy (will involve travelling).

Skill Flavour missions are not vital to any hull upgrades and are there simply if people have the skill. Rewards will be relevant to the skill in question and the level obtained so don't expect uber gear.

I've just implemented on the Developer Server 2 low level 'build weapon' missions in the new content, both require Token(s) and the ammunition is level 2. See the NPC in Arx Magister. HU @ 50 up to 75. Hope they get copied across, I've run through them myself but the requirement for skill level is currently not in the game so people with just the skill can get them. 2 missions for the Warrior and 1 mission for the Privateer.

There is a problem with the lvl75 PW Hull Upgrade - the Nav Sabinus 2 doesn't seem to exist anymore. It is not only the sector map at Net-7.org, but it is on the sector map found here:

http://isometricland.com/enb/enb_javascript_map.php

if I go to the x/y coordinates specified I see a ship floating that I cannot target.

Has anyone made it through the 75 upgrade post patch?

Edited by Lannister

I know,

There is meant to be a code that updates when you achieve a hull upgrade. This code currently is not working (but when it does that stage will complete when you get the hull upgrade). At the moment it just advances, and this requires the attention of a code developer.

The master mission though does auto-update on reaching a level.

It will be intended that the master mission will be for information purposes where to go for your next hull upgrade, while awarding xp and faction.

I'm a little confused as to what I should do next. Yesterday while doing the Lvl 75 HU mission (since completed, I was at the WRONG Vali, sorry!!!) I chatted with Byakhee, along with others, about not having any mission (other than the L75 HU) in my mission log - and that I couldn't get any tokens to do any of the optional missions. Per what was said I opened a ticket for a GM to remove and reacquire Mission ID 99 (this is for my PW char) which was done.

When I logged in today I was happy to see that my mission log now had the Master Mission back in. Yay! As expected I needed to go to Kerr and then to the shipyards and pay 10K, which I did. After paying the 10K to the shipyards the mission then advanced to step 4: "Advanced on completing your Lvl 30 Hull Upgrade mission from Ionno-J Denion Pourvenir Mons (Endriago Planet)"

What am I supposed to do now? I still can't progress the talk tree with Centuriata Nota to give me a token.

I'm going to try heading over to Ionno-J just to see what happens.

[uPDATE] Well, Ionna-J wasn't much interested in talking to me (Shoo, shoo, go away!) so not much help there.

Hmmm, won't let me upload a screenshot so I've put it over on Flickr and linked to there.

4984175464_80f612e67d.jpg

ScreenShot14 by kmankmankman2001, on Flickr

odd...

I'll jhave a look at mission, the code should have auto advanced you, I'll ask Tienbau to check the code again for this requirement. The code should (as I understand) advance you if you are of that hull level or higher to the next stage of the mission.