Info Release: Rewarding Characters With Build Skills

[26/03/2010]

Agrippa Technology "Endurance in Battle" have negociated some space in Nostrand Vor City. This is the Research and Development arm of the Collegia, and will eventually be seeking out Progen with build skills and good track record of analyzed gear to assist their development.

-----------

In side news, there is a new mission obtained by the Tiberius Shipyards for Progen Warriors and Progen Privateers.

The requirements are:

Completed Hull Upgrade Mission Level 50 (not paid for the hull upgrade)

Completed Hull Upgrade Mission Level 75 (not paid for the hull upgrade)

Completed Hull Upgrade Mission Level 100 (not paid for the hull upgrade)

Trade Level 45

Maximum Skill in Build Weapons

Be able to afford to loose 20 million credits if you accidentally press the wrong chat reply.

• Downvote 1

@Byakhee

Regarding the 50 HU bonus mission, the version that I recently completed asked for phosphates instead of phosphorous. It also included an optional side mission to obtain phosphates from a vendor rather than mine/purchase the phosphates from a miner. Is/was this side mission a requirement to unlocking the rest of the trees?

Also, I'm about to ding OL75 and will be ready to start the hu mission line for that, is there any reason I should hold off on doing it so as to not risk further updates down the line? I don't care if the mission changes or the reward changes, I just want to make sure I do it in such a way so that I can continue to obtain the other mission trees.

The level 50 had a bonus mission to get phosphates.

This bonus just supplied you with the required 150 phosphates. Nothing else, extra flavour. You could always get it from market / other players. It was put in for Warriors and Privateers that like to solo the game. The ore mission stops at this stage and is not required for further content.

The Hull 50 mission is required.

Complete the HU 75 mission - the mission completion is in your game file so the further missions look at this.

Incidentally,

I know with the side mission for the level 50 phosphates has 6 people with out any chat trees when you supply them with the 'bots.

Does anyone here want to contribute text suggestions to their response apart from @get him!!@

Compose replies here...

You may have a text talk tree in the game in a mission if they're good enough!

Are you going to make them new NPCs, or furnish existing NPCs with known personalities with these mission talk trees? There's already some good personalities and archetypes among the progen NPCs. Be careful to not duplicate any of them with a new NPC. You're a pretty creative guy, Byakhee. You can do it.

(leveling up a PT right now to see all this, but only Lv40 currently)

Actually, the Talk Tree was for the level 50 mission that gives the Privateers and Warriors Phosphate.

Currently the NPCs involved have [insert NPC Text] on this mission, for who you deliver stuff to.

It is these NPCs that I am thinking people could think of text for, a quick text to having given something they definately don't want!

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally,

I know with the side mission for the level 50 phosphates has 6 people with out any chat trees when you supply them with the 'bots.

Does anyone here want to contribute text suggestions to their response apart from @get him!!@

Compose replies here...

You may have a text talk tree in the game in a mission if they're good enough!

If I understand right your soliciting talk tree suggestions, if so my idea:

One of the NPC's wanting/suppling Phosphates could have somewere in its chat line that: "phosphates are a major component of the manufacture of soap...and as all jenquia/terran prisoners have a major hygiene problem we are running low on them...get/supply these so that DCO can clean up the great unwashed masses!"

Then when you do get to the original requester of phosphates he could say something along the line: "Oh thank goodness, you brought those none too soon...I can smell the stench all the way from DCO to here, go tell (x) you have saved the progen race from the contagions of the terran/jenquia from spreading farther."

The 5 Non-Progen talk trees that are on offer are the ones that respond to where you take the goods to:

[To Add Talk Tree]

This part of the mission.

I'll put this as a new post in the forum.

The post is here: https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/1989-gettn-sum-guano-version-15wp/

• 2 months later...

OK along these lines, the trainer for privateer "build components skill" (Deschide Poarta) eluded to an apparent bonus mission obtained by hanging around outside Arx Emporos station and speaking with a rep from Agrippa Technologies. She suggested it was some form of special build skill that would cost 400k credits and perhaps must be completed in a short period of time or require a restart.

My privateer is OL 23 and has completed "build shields", "build weapons", and "build components". I still consider this toon to be low level, so was surprised to have a mission offered that would require 400k credits. And I thought only Terans were money-hungry.

Anyone have any clues about this mission? Should I wait till he gets bigger? If I fail will I lose 400k each attempt? Can it indeed be retried? What is the reward?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

OK along these lines, the trainer for privateer "build components skill" (Deschide Poarta) eluded to an apparent bonus mission obtained by hanging around outside Arx Emporos station and speaking with a rep from Agrippa Technologies. She suggested it was some form of special build skill that would cost 400k credits and perhaps must be completed in a short period of time or require a restart.

My privateer is OL 23 and has completed "build shields", "build weapons", and "build components". I still consider this toon to be low level, so was surprised to have a mission offered that would require 400k credits. And I thought only Terans were money-hungry.

Anyone have any clues about this mission? Should I wait till he gets bigger? If I fail will I lose 400k each attempt? Can it indeed be retried? What is the reward?

If I remember correctly, you need build comp lvl3 in order for them to speak with you. I'm not sure if there are other level requirements as well. After the NPC not speaking with me, I think I tried again after my OL30 upgrade (or 50, I can't remember now).

It's a very tedious mission that requires a lot of mined stuff. So either plan to spend money breaking down other comps or have a miner handy. The reward isn't anything special either but the promise that there's something bigger and better to come kind of makes it worth it (granted I have no idea what that final thing is, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

Edited by JoshuaChr

Tanks for bringing this up.

This mission has now been put as the Option on the Hull Level 50 for the Privateers.

It sends you down a build path this early on to build components that people will need in future Agrippa builds.