Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RenoJD

Ardus Key Guide

6 posts in this topic

Noticed someone asked for a guide. These are the notes I made at the time I did the mission. Hope it helps.

Ardus sector Key – Aquitaine key – LVL 150 may be required

T2Z is a V'rix on primus moon former progen base

-bring him spiced coffee, sold at norstrand vor green vendor (buy 2) to get him to start talking

1 - Deliver something outside the base  x = -0.57  y = -6.87  z = 0 – (nav     TH26C1NN4TH3D2)

2 - Go see V'rix oracle in withberg – x = 197  y = 85  z = 0

3 - Find Ester McCabe on net-7 in sol system Saturn  - buy artifact

4 - Do the run around for device analysis

Eremite Outpost – Altair III   x = -246  y = -153  z =- 0 (about 443k W. of Gallena Gate)

Key Comps

Alpha BBO for aquitaine key - veteran smugglers in adriel prime/proxima approach 2

Yttrium for aquitaine key - level 12  Zenshai Plasma Nappers at nav saiseki in Yokan

Ardus Gate – Witburg  x = 137  y = -25  z = 0

Edited by RenoJD

Excellent Guide!

One more thing I found out.  If your character does *not* have Build Devices L5 you will be able to get the mission start from T2Z but you will get stumped at Esther McCabe.  She will not continue the mission chat and you will only get her default chat tree.

So, Build Device L5 should be a prerequisite from T2Z, but he does not currently check for it,  Bug report has been filed.

This is not a bug.

The missions are separate, any class can do the Ardus mission from T2Z. All they have to do is, as the mission says, is seek out a key (acquire one).

Device builders may take the secondary sideline mission for the build recipe at that stage from McCabe, but other classes are NOT affected.

20 hours ago, Hobbs said:

Excellent Guide!

One more thing I found out.  If your character does *not* have Build Devices L5 you will be able to get the mission start from T2Z but you will get stumped at Esther McCabe.  She will not continue the mission chat and you will only get her default chat tree.

So, Build Device L5 should be a prerequisite from T2Z, but he does not currently check for it,  Bug report has been filed.

My JE completed the mission with Build Devices 1.  Unless things have changed since the mission was put in, that's not a prerequisite

A couple of corrections and updates here:

The base where you will find T2Z to start the mission line is on Primus Planet, not Primus moon as OP stated.   The base is a former Progen base that has been renamed 1C4615H.   You will not be able to dock there unless your V'Rix faction is -1999 or above.      Grinding up V'Rix faction to get to this point can be a pain! I did it by a combination of chitin bits turnins to the oracle (chitin bits farmed by an a V'Rix hunting alt, 100 rep per 50 turned in) and hunting a LOT of InfinitiCorp and/or Bogeril faction ships -- as both of these factions can easily be recovered with item turnins.

The "optional" mission  for device builders to get the Ardus Key device pattern requires you to spend a million credits to get the artifact to analyze from the vendor in Net-7.  Manufacture cost for the Aquitaine Codex device is another million credits -- trips to Ardus aren't cheap.

The EnBmaps.de  map page for Ardus is fairly accurate.  1Z1Z2L -- who you need to talk to to complete the mission line -- is near the AC160 nav point.