SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

Finally free from work hours. Proceeding to look into the issue a bit, please DO NOT attempt to login during this time, I will let you all know when it is safe to try again. I'm attempting to capture some data, so attempted logins right now could pollute and complicate the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the server has decided to take some time off,   all 9 of my computers show red light on the server status app.   players also noting that weapons are not firing

I'm retired, and if being a 'game dev' means I can whip the hamsters into working again in < 9 hours, so be it. I used to run my own local copy of the EMU back in 2009 when the source code wasn't closed. I doubt most of that code is still in use, but regardless...I know how it *used* to work. It's still down, btw.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Doctor said:

I'm retired, and if being a 'game dev' means I can whip the hamsters into working again in < 9 hours, so be it. I used to run my own local copy of the EMU back in 2009 when the source code wasn't closed. I doubt most of that code is still in use, but regardless...I know how it *used* to work. It's still down, btw.

I am not, and also have a home, family, and other life to maintain. Sometimes that means it stays down for a while. The code base isn't even in the same programming language as it was back then. Incidentally, if memory serves we didn't even get the multiplayer working properly until like 2010/2011, seeing as we only had about a year of 'beta' prior to going to 'sunrise' in 2012. It sounds like you might have been referring to the single player client we had, or the earliest versions of multiplayer, either way most of that code was in Java and none of it is Java now.

Anyway, while I can appreciate the point of view, there are certainly other things to do for a few hours now and again.

It's back up, btw.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking into the issue with the game server, this is not a normal crash but something has gotten in the way of my restarting it so I need to fix it to move forward, it may be a little while.

Alright, I think we're back up. Thank Microsoft for your slightly boring Sunday morning. Long story short a decision we made during setup last year caused issues with where Microsoft planned to go with something and prevented updates. Those inadvertently caused the server issues last night. Anyway, things are up/coming up, we'll see how stable.

• Kyp unlocked this topic

Microsoft ? Are you hosting enb under windows ? Please, don't tell me Yes 😱

They can't be trusted, you go on weekend, you come back a Monday with nothing working, because of an update, not announced. It's good for Active Directory stuff, but for all hosting platform, it's an unreleable nightmare. 

You are courageous...

Edit: Also, it's not secure at all, it's only a matter of time, you can't expose for long a windows system on internet, he will go down much faster than any linux based distrib. You must had your reasons 😓

Edited by laracraft