There is a serious problem with the economy....

jrichards7

Taking an optional mission, at level 30, that costs over 50k to complete was fine in Live.....since you could actually make the credits via mob loot, trade runs, and refining.  However atm this is not possible.  Additionally you loot and credits from doing the mission made it worth while.  However at level 30-40 my toons are not pulling in that type of credits.  This isn't explained anywhere in the mission nor is it apparent that this 'optional' upgrade mission can't be forfeited. If its optional the player should be able to dump it and stop wasting their time spending levels to get enough credits to do a simple hull upgrade.

This is not fun but a time sink......which really blows.

note: while its kind that other players offer free credits that just makes it worse.  When the economy is so bad that other players feel bad and offer to give other players credits at this low of a level.....there is a problem.

Edited by Archangels
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Arch

I'm can promise you that at lvl 30 ish , 50k is not hard to make.

Go smash the living bejebus  out of the bugs in Saturn even if your CL 10 , its about making money plus you get some items you may want to print so while your CL  will not leap up , have an alt with you to trade to , or store at net 7 to trade back and forth with a buddy before you sell and you will get some very nice TL for your effort.

It works, I did just this on my play toons and have made so many TL and EL along the way I am behind on my Hull upgrades and then those bl00dy elves came along ...........

well that is a whole other discussion , that ends with me volunteering to staple GPS locators to their foreheads .................

As I  saw written about another game applies here, basically " the devs made/remade this game for people to experiance and explore , not for the grinding neckbeards living in Mummy's basement"  that made me laugh.

Good Luck , peope are usually able to direct you to a favorite spawn early on ....later you me have to go find.

All the best Alk

I have to say, that credits seem much easier in this game than when it was Live.

A few hours farming hulks and I can easily make over 1 mill credits farming debris, and that doesn't include the trade levels I'll get.

Don't have an explorer?  Nothing big, a few hours killing mobs with stackable loot, bio mobs are great for this, and so are the belters if you want a mechanical mob, and you won't get millions, but you'll get 100's of thousands in credits.

You will also get some drops of gear you may want to analyze.

Credits just don't drop without the necessary farming that is required to get them.  All MMORPGs have it.

If you are having issues with Credits, let me know, and I can give you a few places to farm stackable loot that you can then sell and get credits easily.

So instead of just saying "It's broke and it sucks" How about "It's broke, and if *I* were a dev, i would fix this by: STEP 1: BLAH STEP 2: BLAHBLAH " Because i promise you, most of us would have read the OP and saw this as a complaint only, which in turn gets marked read and we move on with no further thought of it.

I can see the OPs point, it is a struggle to make ends meet in the lowbie levels.

If you buy gear, or worse buy gear try to map it in order to make your own stuff (not meaning ammo) then credits disappear quickly and it seems like you never have enough. But be prudent with expenditure and the credit flow is sufficient. Would like to know more details of what this 50k optional mission was difficult to comment without such detail.

It gets easier with the next character as you can just twink some credits and move onwards.

Dear Arch

I'm can promise you that at lvl 30 ish , 50k is not hard to make.

Very true. That king of credits is easy to make for a TE as I have ran the repeatables from home station many times and was shocked by how much I made per full inventory run. If you only do one at a time yes income is less but if you grab the max items per run that you can hold it borders on obscene.

Edited by shadowxsx

I typically have my first million between level 40 and 50 doesn't seem to matter what kinda toon they all do about the same except the miners because I save my ores raw for comp building.

Trade goods early on and stackable mob loot makes money you kinda have to dedicate some time to doing the things that make money.

Debris seems to go well at low levels organic mobs with stackable loot and mobs that drop devices/engines/etc work for for me..

if you are cl 18-22ish and can handle the belters in carp/scuttle bugs they make pretty good money at low levels do you mine? How about gas mining?

Find what ores make money (archos/zet/stinger/bolas ammo ores come to mind) almost any lvl 7-9 ore has value watch the market and see what people are asking for.. raw titanium stock up on rhodite/curium etc.. what do people want??

Out of curiosity, was bio loot prices in places like Varen's Girdle and in general ever restored to live levels? In live, I recall making a few mill hunting there in a couple hours on my PW.

-Overt.