Trade Routes

• 3 weeks later...

I understand the fastest way to do this run is through inverness, and then black beards wake...

I was also under the impression that anyone could get into bbw atm... But when i got to the gate it would not let me through... and then i got killed.

Is there a requirment i am missing to travel to BBW, i am not friendly with the red dragon, is there a quest for this?

I understand the fastest way to do this run is through inverness, and then black beards wake...

I was also under the impression that anyone could get into bbw atm... But when i got to the gate it would not let me through... and then i got killed.

Is there a requirment i am missing to travel to BBW, i am not friendly with the red dragon, is there a quest for this?

Yes, the quest is to roll a new character that's a PW. :D

Failing that you have to enter BBW via Paramis - which makes for a lousy trade run from Inverness, obviously. :D

• 2 weeks later...

NANO/RESEARCH FENRIS RUN route:

Its the old somerled/fenris trade route with a modification for BBW:

ITEM= Research Equipment L4

Somerled(edinburg)>carpenter>glenn>saturn>akeron's>freya>jontheim>odin rex>odin belt>muspelheim>aragoth prime>valkeryhe twins>fenris (observitory)

ITEM= Nanobots L5

Fenris>valkeryhe twins>aragoth prime>muspelheim>odin belt>odin rex>*paramis>black beards wake>inverness (tau ceti gate)>edinburg (somerled)

*new chain detour/ paramis gate is equal distance between the 2 moons SE and planet

Note: Everyone can do this route you do not need red dragon faction. This route is the highest credit and experiance gain PER ITEM, however it is also the longest, until you hit trade level 32ish other trade route SPICE MUST FLOW will net the faster experience/credit.

SPICE MUST FLOW route:

ITEM=Spices L4

Somerled (edinburg)>carpenter>glenn>sirius>xipe totec (prasad station)

ITEM=Jenquia Weapon Technology L5

Prasad station (xipe totec)>sirius>glenn>carpenter>edinburg (somerled station)*

*as there are 2 trade vendors in somerled be sure you are using the correct one when selling Weapon tech

Note: This trade route nets the most effecient credit/experience net gain until xp tapers off at about 32 trade level per item. Negotiation modifies credit/experiance gain and this route may remain viable for fastest gain past 32 TL for some.

NANO/RESEARCH FENRIS RUN route:

Its the old somerled/fenris trade route with a modification for BBW:

ITEM= Research Equipment L4

Somerled(edinburg)>carpenter>glenn>saturn>akeron's>freya>jontheim>odin rex>odin belt>muspelheim>aragoth prime>valkeryhe twins>fenris (observitory)

ITEM= Nanobots L5

Fenris>valkeryhe twins>aragoth prime>muspelheim>odin belt>odin rex>*paramis>black beards wake>inverness (tau ceti gate)>edinburg (somerled)

*new chain detour/ paramis gate is equal distance between the 2 moons SE and planet

Note: Everyone can do this route you do not need red dragon faction. This route is the highest credit and experiance gain PER ITEM, however it is also the longest, until you hit trade level 32ish other trade route SPICE MUST FLOW will net the faster experience/credit.

For the JE with VT WH (but not Carp) . . . or the player with access to same . . . I take the shortcut and WH from Somer to VT and accept the damage to trade goods. For the JE (with no Negotiate) there's still profit (forget how much) and 500 XP per item. For my TT (one short of max negotiate) there's profit and 900 XP per item. Then take the Paramis/BBW route back and get the large payout and XP on the full run.

I also spend a little extra time doing the Explore Job mission in VT on each return. Run through each of the satellites, dock and get XP/creds and then re-up the mission, exit and proceed to Fenris. Now the next time you WH into VT you've got that mission ready to go again.

Notes on start zones and trade routes:

Each player type has a distinct start zone the TT and TE start zones effect beginning trade routes as does the PP. I will have to defer to others on the JS route.

TT: Starts in High Earth Orbit Loki>Earth sector (Earth station) your trainer will introduce you to this trade route and this should net you several levels and credits in the beginning, the return item is o2 cannisters. After your training is midway you will be sent on to DeWinter in somerled, take note of items to trade I believe the best item from earth to somerled is either pets or pet food. This trade route via Loki should be good xp/credit until your mid 20TL at which point the SPICE MUST FLOW is best.

TE:Starts in Luna, your trainer will send you to fetch something from > Earth sector (Earth station)this begins 1 leg of your start area route the other being High Earth Commmand (Alpha Centari) through luna. I know that the item:rank insignia L3 is item from earth and the item from HEC is alpha centari citrus fruit. This trade route like the TT should be good until mid 20 TL..then move on SPICE MUST FLOW.

PP: Starts in Mars asteroid belt gamma, one of your trainers will send you to

Mars (arx magister) with (I think) radioactive waste container. The vendor in arx magister will at some point ask you to take something to NPC in altair III (arx emporos) this is the 2 nodes for trade from PP start zone. The xp/credit is very pathetic and is a "got to go anyway might as well fill up" route. Several of your missions are going to have you bouncing between arx spartoi (endriago) and arx ymir (jotenheim) there is a moderate trade route between these nodes. Like the TT,TE this route tapers of at mid 20TL and you should move on to SPICE MUST FLOW.

A very good "traderoute" for the starting TT is through a mission from Louden at your starting station in High Earth. He asks you to fetch 5 O2 cannisters and 5 Insignias from Earth and bring them to him. This mission is like the 4th or 5th he gives out and it's repeatable. Not sure if that's intentional, but it rewards 5000 trade and 2500 explore per.

Once you have your lvl 10 HU you can load up 15 of each and hand in the mission three times each trip, netting 15k trade and 7.5k explore plus some 7500 credits gain or so. For a single jump (times two) run this is probably the best exp/hour for quite some levels and the explore exp is extremely nice since it's so hard to come by at later levels.

/Tottepp

Can't log in to double check right now, but the Somerled-Prasad should also have an alternative good... Buy lvl 5 Weapons Crates at Somerled, sell those at Prasad. I'm not sure if it's better/worse than Spices, perhaps someone could double check that at varying levels of negotiate?

Can't log in to double check right now, but the Somerled-Prasad should also have an alternative good... Buy lvl 5 Weapons Crates at Somerled, sell those at Prasad. I'm not sure if it's better/worse than Spices, perhaps someone could double check that at varying levels of negotiate?

last time I checked they get you more credits but less xp than spices (was at TL22, negotiate 4)

last time I checked they get you more credits but less xp than spices (was at TL22, negotiate 4)

Just checked on my TL50 JE. The spices gave 1080 - 798 = 282 credits profit, but zero xp.

The Weapons Crates gave 734 - 468 = 266 credits profit and 31 trade xp.

Remember this is with a TL50 toon. Gonna try again with a lowbie and see what I get.

SPICE MUST FLOW route:

ITEM=Spices L4

Somerled (edinburg)>carpenter>glenn>sirius>xipe totec (prasad station)

ITEM=Jenquia Weapon Technology L5

Prasad station (xipe totec)>sirius>glenn>carpenter>edinburg (somerled station)*

*as there are 2 trade vendors in somerled be sure you are using the correct one when selling Weapon tech

Note: This trade route nets the most effecient credit/experience net gain until xp tapers off at about 32 trade level per item. Negotiation modifies credit/experiance gain and this route may remain viable for fastest gain past 32 TL for some.

Which vendor should we be selling to? I was making 1 TL per hour this morning but I only have 22 slots and 2816 speed, am JE.

Xipe only has one trade vendor...I believe but he only sells the weapons crates. Somer has two. Both are back in the corner but you want the one on the left. The one on the right only sells news reports and you do not want to sell to this vendor. Look for the crowd of players in Somer....the vendor is easy to spot that way.

Xipe only has one trade vendor...I believe but he only sells the weapons crates. Somer has two. Both are back in the corner but you want the one on the left. The one on the right only sells news reports and you do not want to sell to this vendor. Look for the crowd of players in Somer....the vendor is easy to spot that way.

yeah just after posting I logged into the game and checked the vendor I had not been using and got the loss of profit warning.

The name of the vendor you want to use in Somerled Station is Jess Edarte.

• 1 month later...

Notes on start zones and trade routes:

Each player type has a distinct start zone the TT and TE start zones effect beginning trade routes as does the PP. I will have to defer to others on the JS route.

TT: Starts in High Earth Orbit Loki>Earth sector (Earth station) your trainer will introduce you to this trade route and this should net you several levels and credits in the beginning, the return item is o2 cannisters. After your training is midway you will be sent on to DeWinter in somerled, take note of items to trade I believe the best item from earth to somerled is either pets or pet food. This trade route via Loki should be good xp/credit until your mid 20TL at which point the SPICE MUST FLOW is best.

Is this still the best way to level your TL on a TT? I am thinking of making one soon and would like to get my TL up very quickly

• 1 month later...

Is this still the best way to level your TL on a TT? I am thinking of making one soon and would like to get my TL up very quickly

Yes the start zone trade route will always be better for the TT until TL20ish...its a TT specific thing..they have access to a shortcut for traders..its a storyline thing. After that though its spicerun or somer/fenris runs see above for directions etc.

At this time there are suppost to be some progen trade routes that are viable...they have not been fully mapped out and posted on, they are suppost to be "tri-trade" in nature not a ( a>b - b>a) but (a>b>c>a) one of these is probably geared to be advantagous more for PP like the TT's is but would probably taper off in the same way.

I ended up just doing somer/fenris after TL5 or so, whilst the BBW gates are open, as you can see in my sig it worked well enough haha. (10-15 or so of my CL/EL are from Trade runs also)

• 3 months later...

My Jenquai Seeker {edit add: Trade level 7} has Negotiate 3, so take that into account for this one.

**Pluto/Charon -> Earth run

Charon Cloister - Buy Caster Creature Research Crates (Level IV) for 883 credits each.

Pluto/Charon > Akeron's Gate > Saturn > Asteroid Belt Alpha > Earth (Earth Station)

Sell Caster Creature Research Crates to Lenorn Listor for 2134 credits and 1500 Trade Exp (1251 profit per)

(optional)

Buy O2 Canisters (Level I) for 56 credits each.

Earth > Asteroid Belt Alpha > Saturn (Net 7)

Sell O2 Canisters to Esther McCabe for 210 credits and 163 Trade Exp (154 profit per)

(end optional)

Run Empty

Saturn > Akeron's Gate > Pluto/Charon

Repeat.

Edited by Jerrod Syn

• 5 months later...