Mordana Data Disk

Lot

In live, the Mordana Purifier Philosopher had a chance to drop one of other recipe for the engine or reactor. The recipe could be [u]TRADED[/u] to another character. The emulator has chosen to do this another way, with the Mordana Data Disk. Until a few days ago, the Mordana Data Disk was tradeable and now it is not. I understand that the Mordana Data Disk was being traded to a character, the character was learning one or both recipes, then trading the Mordana Data Disk on to another character, and the learning repeated. This may be was not too good. May be the disk should have disappeared when the mission to obtain the recipes ended.

I asked a DEV why the MDD had been made non-tradeable. Answer: [u]Working as intended.[/u]

Well I suppose a DEV can claim anything is now "working as intended". :)

But let us examine the matter more closely.

In live the MPP had a chance to either drop a Schematic for the Aspiration of the Faithful, or a Schematic for the Intent for the Resolute. Both were devices that could be [u]traded[/u] and were installed and were activated to load the recipe. I do not remember what the tech level were of these devices but any player with the appropriate build skill could install them. The tech level was therefore between 1-8 on each device.

Two ways to correct the handling of the recipes: [u]Fix what was implemented in emulator[/u]: making the MDD tradeable again but make it disappear at the end of the mission. TBH I like the MDD approach more than live because it is more efficient (a character than can build both engines and reactors can obtain both recipes instead of only one) and fun (a mission rather than just inserting a device). [u]Make the emulator like live[/u]: you know what this involves but is it really likely to happen since time was already spent implementing it another way. I prefer the not-like-live method anyway.

I just thought I would put this message out there as a feedback comment for the DEVs to mull over.

As an after thought it may be that the MDD was made non-tradeable temporarily to gain time to fix the mission and delete the MDD when the mission was completed. If this is the case then sorry for jumping the gun -- please carry on! I assume then that the MDD will become tradeable again when the mission was fixed. But I do wish, if this was the case, that there was a clear effort to [u]communicate[/u] this fact between DEVs and PLAYERs.

I changed it to non-tradeable to stop the exploit. I originally intended it to be tradeable and the mission was supposed to take the item upon starting the mission but for some reason it wasn't doing that. If I can get the mission to take the item at the beginning of the mission I will revert the item to being tradeable. We can consider this a bug but it's not a very high priority right now.

[quote name='Kenu' timestamp='1346817585' post='62890']
I changed it to non-tradeable to stop the exploit. I originally intended it to be tradeable and the mission was supposed to take the item upon starting the mission but for some reason it wasn't doing that. If I can get the mission to take the item at the beginning of the mission I will revert the item to being tradeable. We can consider this a bug but it's not a very high priority right now.
[/quote]
Thanks Kenu. :)

• 9 months later...
Is there an eta on this? I looted this last night and am screwed ATM because its on a toon that has no build skills since I thought I could trade it to my TT therefore making it worthless as far as I can tell ATM. I tried to bring my tt when I seen bit didn't want it to pop.

This is super annoying for me since I have wanted this recipe bad and always remembered it being readable and there like a dummy "assumed" it was. Yes I could keep trying on my TT now that I know but uhhgg. I'd rather hold onto it and pray some day less than 6 months from now it becomes tradable again.

Wait why non tradable still? I thought whole point of making it non tradable was a temp solution to fix the exploit. Now that Zack's done that why can't the item be returned to tradable as promised above?

Are you still unable to make the mission take the item as stated above? Is that the reason? If so any eta on this fix? Sorta counting on the tradable thing here. Is there any way to set it to its account bound meaning it can only be shared via accounts on the same email etc?

Hmm, haven't sought the Mordana disk since the start of Emu Live, but if the disk offers two recipes, one for an engine, another for a reactor, what purpose does it serve for any player who either cannot build either, or simply doesn't wish to build either?  At least if it were tradeable, the player could sell it to someone who wanted it.

Disk will become tradable with todays patch (guess its just a type in Kenu's posting) and the disk will be removed from inventory when starting the mission (exploit fix).