Picking Up More Players?

I think you're gonna see it start growin' as the word gets out there what be it in beta, and we are adding like madmen (although you aren't seeing the direct results, yet.)

Beta came at the perfect time too, cause we had that big population dip right at the end of ST4. Seems like everyones starting to trickle back. Its been nice, seeing people i havent seen in a while.

Hopefully we are on an uphill for a while here.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll probably be coming back to give this a shot again since things are more stable. I played a bunch in the stress tests but due to stability and lag issues myself and my friends lost interest. Maybe I can get some of them to come back with me for old times sake.

Can't go wrong, this even runs on my netbook, heh.

Edit: First post! Swear I was on the forums before. Oh well. Edited by ShadowDrake

Might be sending a few more your way. Anywhere from a handful now, to a few hundred after November.
[url="http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4390146#post4390146"]http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?p=4390146#post4390146[/url]

It's been a sad week in another universe. Never thought I'd see a day for my gaming hobby as sad as the day EnB's Live servers shut down, but after years of playing and developing my characters lives in City of Heroes, it's happening again.

For years, I hunted bugs and donated money to EnB's emulator throughout the alpha/stress tests, from the days of local servers to the public tests. I stopped helping or playing as much a couple years ago, when I became concerned that the project's political problems might hamper its development into a standstill, and I didn't like the thought of investing in, and losing, EnB again. But since then, EnB has broken the Beta barrier and continues on existing (as do my characters, I hear). I'm exceedingly happy to have been so wrong.

To help two communities at once, I've given a shout out to the City of Heroes community, which is entering its own sunset. There's rumors that all of our protests and letter-writing may persuade our publisher to sell the franchise and give us another home, but our prospects appear as merciless as our publisher, and many players are already jumping ship; so, as sunset approaches, I'll be sure to let them know there's a great game over here. And some people who know what it's like!

Ya, Games are a product - a "trade good". If it's not earning enough money anymore, its taken down.

If you want to play an online game for a few decades, you need to look for games that are operated without the need to earn money. Personally i came to the conclusion (ago a few years already) that this is only possible with emulators.

So im not playing "studio games" anymore - i wait for their shutdown and another 5 years for the EMU.
It also has the advantage that im only playing old games that way - so dont need to upgrade my hardware every month to the uber duber super mega best (like the studios want). :lol:

Believe it or not, I heard on one of the CoH threads that WoW has been losing subscribers. This may be in part due to being able to play for free up to lvl 15, but I doubt much of it is. I don't remember the number, it was either down 10mil or 20mil subscribers. Worst case still leaves them with 30mil, but that would be a 40% drop which is quite quite significant. Even the 40mil number would still be a 20% drop, which is nothing to sneeze at.

I actually used to be a former player of WoW had an 85 toon but the new patch is horrible lost evrything really that built up the character, but most people are moaning about it. Then I found out that you guys were doing this so hopefully more ppl will come across eventually.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1347632447' post='63374']
:blink: You need to change the source for your numbers:

WoW has currently 9.1 mio. subscribers after the loss of 1.1 mio subscriptions lately.
[/quote]
lol, obviously wasn't paying enough attention to WoW....not really a problem in my book... ;)

I just found out about this while surfing through youtube. Last time I looked at Net-7 emulator was when they were still in the plans. I didn't really have high hopes on this and suddently today I was browsing and found out that it was actually running lol. It must of been faith or something because I still have the original CD, instructions, and the box for this game. I tried using the download from the site itself but it wasn't working so hopefully this CD version install will do. I'm installing now so hopefully I'll join soon.