b:

You need Tortoise SVN client

c:

You need Visual Studio 2007 (or better)

d:

You need MySQL

d:

you need a clue, there are no pre compiled binaries atm

Thanks for the info.. <d> we could have done without, but I guess it is what it is..

everyone needs that little boost of confidence d = Doe.... i have a clue but little more then that . i had the mysql 5.0 running and managed to get the 2 different databases net7 and net7_users imported to it ..could use the net7 tools to view edit items .... but couldn't get the client to log in... i have since messed up the mysql instance .. and stuck . but i don't give up that easy ....... can anyone give a time line on the up time for st4 ?

I've got the source downloaded, MySQL (Windows) running on win2k8 and Apache (along with IIS), downloaded a Java compiler (yes I'm a Microsoft guy). I've managed to get the databases online in MySQL and even got most of the server apps running. I am stuck on the sector server. Does anyone have info on this app, does it sit on Apache as a module? Please excuse my ignorance I'm just not use to the Java world yet. :(

Any help would be great!

I just checked SVN for the last patch and noticed the update was int he Net7 repository not the java one. I'm guessing now the Java code is the older code? LOL...it would figure I missed the Net 7 Solution all together...doh!

Currently the database dumps we have released are not compatible with the latest source code available on the SVN.

We will release a schema update for both Net7 and Net7_user as soon as the dust settles and we have a spare minute to produce one.

Thanks

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can't wait. To prevent misuse, you could just dump the top (or better yet random) 10% from each table.

[edit]

Errr, OK, on further thought while that's a good idea in theory, due to the interdependence of the different tables it may not work out that way in practice. If the constraints and triggers are set up properly, it should at least be possible to not break anything.

Currently the database dumps we have released are not compatible with the latest source code available on the SVN.

We will release a schema update for both Net7 and Net7_user as soon as the dust settles and we have a spare minute to produce one.

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering is there is an ETA for a DB since the old "compatible db" seems to have been a victim of the evil crash some time back. Just hoping to keep this on the radar.

Thanks in advance,

Spacegrrrl

Hi,

I was wondering is there is an ETA for a DB since the old "compatible db" seems to have been a victim of the evil crash some time back. Just hoping to keep this on the radar.

Thanks in advance,

Spacegrrrl

It is not a victim of anything. :D

http://www.net-7.org/database/

The new one is awaiting us to get caught up with some fixes and have some time to take a look at it. We have some problems creating one at the moment due to some changes needed for mob skills. That's all I can say for now but it's gonna be a lil bit for a new schema.

It is not a victim of anything. :D

http://www.net-7.org/database/

The new one is awaiting us to get caught up with some fixes and have some time to take a look at it. We have some problems creating one at the moment due to some changes needed for mob skills. That's all I can say for now but it's gonna be a lil bit for a new schema.

So is that one compatible with the current source? At one time I thought there was a script that was needed to be able to use the older database. I am sure there are tons of things in queue and I see how this is lower priority. Like I said ealier I just wanted to "ping" this.

Spacegrrrl