Displaying Players Logging On

Falstar

Riz suggested the following:
>>
OK on the computer messages area of the chat (for those who are using a split chat panel) whenever someone logs in or out it alerts you.

I know this can be turned off, but it is NOT behaving like it did in live at all. In live it would alert you when people on your friends list would log in and out, but that is all.

Is there anyway we can get this put like it was in live in the future. Not a high priority thing, but it sure would be nice.
>>

Perhaps adding an option to "only show friends" would be a good idea?

Would be nice, but lets also have it so that if you have "only friends can see my status", then in order to see you log on or off, you must be on their friends list & they must be on yours. If either of those conditions are not met, then the other player cannot see you log on or off.

Yes I remem this from live and I loved it. I wish it were more selective. Friends only or guildies only as well. With different colors for which usergroup they belong to. Purple for friends list, blue for guildies, you get the idea =P

I disagree! ;)

Actually a way to have it show friends logging in in one color and guildies in another would be great. Although with the guildies function I would recommend it not be selective, just if they are in your guild, boom they show up.

Eh, the colors thing is hard to implement. The client doesn't accept messages with colors, it takes message types, which is a pain in this instance. We could have guildies logging in and out display in the guild chat font on the chat window. Also, the selective log on notices are something that needs to be changed, the SDEVs just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'd like to say I'll do it myself, but I'm kinda busy atm. Hopefully next time I'm free I'll remember or another coder may take care of it before then.

[quote name='Riz' timestamp='1328828912' post='53399']
I disagree! ;)

Actually a way to have it show friends logging in in one color and guildies in another would be great. Although with the guildies function I would recommend it not be selective, just if they are in your guild, boom they show up.
[/quote]

So, guild members and friends, that can be done easily.

Like CDel said though, it would not be possible to change the colour (aka color :P), unless we actually override the standard message format and just display the notifications in the chat window. I think the only colour choices for the 'computer:' window are green and red.

Actually I would like this anyway too; I come online and everyone thinks there's going to be a restart, like I am some sort of harbinger of doom ..

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1328868018' post='53437']
So, guild members and friends, that can be done easily.

Like CDel said though, it would not be possible to change the colour (aka color :P), unless we actually override the standard message format and just display the notifications in the chat window. I think the only colour choices for the 'computer:' window are green and red.

Actually I would like this anyway too; I come online and everyone thinks there's going to be a restart, like I am some sort of harbinger of doom ..
[/quote]

YESSS I CAN USE IT IN CONTEXT

TIENBAU LOGGED IN RUNNNN!!!! :panic:

PS: This might also help some in the direction I was trying to get at with the guild members list displaying whos actually on.