Multiple Accounts

[font="Georgia"]Hello everyone,
I sort of grew up in gaming in a strategy game called "Edge of Chaos" where having multiple accounts was a big No-No.
even tho many people did it no one ever spoke of it. However I have noticed both in live and here that it is common to see many toons of a single member on at the same time. To date I have only had one account with only 2 active chars.

In live I was given access to a couple accounts from players in my guild leaving the game and it was fun to be able to be self supportive. As I continue to play I have found many of the players have become very natural with this multiple account thing. My only issue with it is you never can be sure who is who ... but aside from any of this rambling I have a question.

There is plenty of posts on how to get the game up and running and create an account, but so far I have only found one item concerning multiple accounts and that's the rule that says you can have up to 3 with the same email address. My question is actually quite simple.... How do I make a second account under the same email address and/or forum name ? :)
[/font]

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1313090546' post='44601']
Just goto www.net-7.org and log OUT. Then re-register with a different account name.

Simples...
[/quote]
[font="Georgia"] I tried registering without being logged in but it said I needed to have the same info as my forum name and pass
even with totally different names and emails it wouldn't let me register.:blink:
I will try it again, thank you for the response.[/font]

[quote name='aeneA' timestamp='1313095636' post='44604']
[font="Georgia"] I tried registering without being logged in but it said I needed to have the same info as my forum name and pass
even with totally different names and emails it wouldn't let me register.:blink:
I will try it again, thank you for the response.[/font]
[/quote]

The forum name and the email address have to be the same as what you have here on the forum.
The username and password can be different for each account you make.

I recomend makeing the account names easy to remember...something like, username1, username2, etc.

[quote name='Ozone' timestamp='1313097601' post='44605']
The forum name and the email address have to be the same as what you have here on the forum.
The username and password can be different for each account you make.

I recomend makeing the account names easy to remember...something like, username1, username2, etc.
[/quote]

Actually, the Forum Name and the Website Name have to match.
This can be done 3 times for 3 total accounts using your e-mail address.

I think the point everyone is missing here, is you want more than 3 accounts?

In simple terms
[List]
[*]You can only have 3 game accounts per forum account.
[*]You can only register 1 forum account per e-mail address.
[/list]

Create a new gmail account, register a new account on the forums, and create 3 more accounts against the new forum name :blink:

The 3 character limit is not an enforced restriction from what I have experienced.

About a week ago I saw a 6 player formation outside F7. They all had identical names except for their profession -tags. All were L150 or close to it so it is my guess that this is acceptable as this player must have been around for some time.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1313157049' post='44641']
The 3 character limit is not an enforced restriction from what I have experienced.

About a week ago I saw a 6 player formation outside F7. They all had identical names except for their profession -tags. All were L150 or close to it so it is my guess that this is acceptable as this player must have been around for some time.
[/quote]

3 character limit PER FORUM ACCOUNT!

ive got 2 forum accounts, 2 x 2 = 6 = full formation

Why the 3 accounts per forum account limit then?

Since all this means is I will be constantly making new email accounts for a while. And you don't seem to care about the limit of alts so why not make it easier?

There are programs specifically made for multi-boxing games. They can send keystrokes to multiple programs or computers...

And EnB, with formation flying, is probably the easiest type of game to get it working with.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well actually they set 3 accounts per e-mail as a rule so they didn't have 18 per email. At one point it was possible early on, to actually log on 2 toons from the same account and it was cuasing all sorts of errors and glitchs (and wasn't possible in live btw). The 3 account per E-mail was a consession to multiboxers and a more than a toon per account logged on forbidden because of those glitchs. They know that its possible to have 2 or more e-mails and multiples of accounts via that route, and that they could TRY and chase down multi e-mail accounters...but what a pain and waste of time that would be when they have better things to do.

The game is "free" and they aren't "losing" revenue from multi accounters, actually in fact they are getting testers for lower end content, since higher lvl players are starting "new" accounts and toons. It's one of those rules that if it don't become a problem or seriously abused then it's not worth enforcing..especially since it would take tracking and snooping software and time to catch people at it. It's the game equivalent of RL chipped taillight law, if they need to pull you over a cop will, and when they find your innocent will tell you to "be on your way and sorry for the bother", BUT if you give the cop some lip, or make him have to do extra paper work they are going to find SOMETHING to make YOU have a problem..like a chipped taillight, or window tint to much..something to cost you time and effort for making his day a little more difficult than it needed to be.

So why 3 and not 2 or 5 or 18? I don't know, but seems like if they DO have to go line by line, because some tard just HAD to make trouble, that 3 per E-mail would be a nice workable number to start with.

If there is no critique on 6 alt formation flying and that becomes the standard accepted way to play, can this game be changed to accomodate that?

I ask because all but raid content is easily done with 6 toons...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I beleive there is a limit per IP enforced by the server aswell, but an SDev would have to confirm that

We can't restrict it too much as there maybe a shared connection used for multiple people (Uni dorm, family home etc)

Its really a relic of the days when the server could support ~100 people. We wanted everyone to be able to play. I do not think it is strictly enforced now in our server code, but seriously it makes no sense for you to make six of your own toon for a group, make a damn friend. :D

Having said that, please don't abuse it too much, Everyone doesn't need enough accounts to make their own groups.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1313423753' post='44736']
Its really a relic of the days when the server could support ~100 people. We wanted everyone to be able to play. I do not think it is strictly enforced now in our server code, but seriously it makes no sense for you to make six of your own toon for a group, make a damn friend. ;)
[/quote]If you have a friend they should not group with you though. Rather, they also need to have 6 toons.

IF you have a friend that is. :D

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1313423753' post='44736']
Having said that, please don't abuse it too much, Everyone doesn't need enough accounts to make their own groups.
[/quote]
That is a very grey zone statement open to varied interpretations.

Could you clarify what the limit of abuse is, how you are actually going to enforce it, and what the consequences are?

And please tell me BEFORE I make my 6 JD's called the 'killsteal krusaders', PLZ.

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1313446433' post='44738']
If you have a friend they should not group with you though. Rather, they also need to have 6 toons.

IF you have a friend that is. :D

That is a very grey zone statement open to varied interpretations.

Could you clarify what the limit of abuse is, how you are actually going to enforce it, and what the consequences are?

And please tell me BEFORE I make my 6 JD's called the 'killsteal krusaders', PLZ.
[/quote]
Read the TOS, rules are not to be all inclusive...there is ALWAYS a grey area, life isn't all white and black. He asked you to please..(thats esaelp for you dyslexic) to not abuse it, they are not unreasonable people, when you step over a line you will be told, persist and get smacked. We are not children, when they tell us the stove top is hot, and you put your hand on the burner anyway, its on you, not them.

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1313460596' post='44744']
Read the TOS, rules are not to be all inclusive...there is ALWAYS a grey area, life isn't all white and black. He asked you to please..(thats esaelp for you dyslexic) to not abuse it, they are not unreasonable people, when you step over a line you will be told, persist and get smacked. [s]We[/s] [b]Most of us[/b] are not children, when they tell us the stove top is hot, and you put your hand on the burner anyway, its on you, not them.
[/quote]

LOL well I made a bad assumption there I guess, I figure that even a child that can access this game, and read/post to forums should be past the "need-to-be-warned-about-the-hot-stove" stage:) maybe not hehe

Suzy...the top is hot...don't put your hand there!

During the EA days when the TOS was largely written it was only good that someone had multiple accounts because they paid extra for it. Now however, everyone can have unlimited accounts for free. Rules are needed if you don't want abuse.

As to the justification why to use 6 toons, here is a simple analogy...

A focus of the celestial (7% turbo or something?) was rare as %$£& in live and worth a helluva lotta cash.

Running 6 toons, about 600% damage increase if they are all the same, is free in the emulator.

PS: Combat is not the only potential abuse of unlimited accounts. Think of planting lowbie miners in orefields to do the scouting for you so you don't have to travel there...

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1313520765' post='44806']
During the EA days when the TOS was largely written it was only good that someone had multiple accounts because they paid extra for it. Now however, everyone can have unlimited accounts for free. Rules are needed if you don't want abuse.

As to the justification why to use 6 toons, here is a simple analogy...

A focus of the celestial (7% turbo or something?) was rare as %$£& in live and worth a helluva lotta cash.

Running 6 toons, about 600% damage increase if they are all the same, is free in the emulator.

PS: Combat is not the only potential abuse of unlimited accounts. Think of planting lowbie miners in orefields to do the scouting for you so you don't have to travel there...
[/quote]

Well you also have to remember that dual or even tri boxing is a very common thing in MMO's nowadays even free ones like DDO or LoTRo so the ability to have multi-accounts is all but required if you want to attract more gamers. I know quite a few mmo's where your all but assumed to have multi accounts (EVE , EQ1 ,EQ2 and CoX) are just a few that come to mind. As for why you'd have 6 accounts for legit reasons , easy first off if you wanna make your own mini guild , also even with the generous nature of our advanced builders like vaden and lannister there is not always someone to build stuff for you. And finding people available when your on to do transfers for you even in a big guild can be a pain , so having all your chars on different accounts to make transfers easier is nice.

To play them all at once is a bit strange:)P , but I regularly dual box. Mainly for the extra cargo space or exp bump. And getting your builders exp is easier when you can dual box on your own time and not go get a group. Personally I have 3 accounts I regularly play with one char each and a 4th just to store stuff , and I briefly made 2 more to make a mini guild for my alts as to not clutter the guild list in my main guild. Those accounta have been abandoned:PP with no chars on them.

So I got 9 chars on 4 accounts that all get some play time regularly , which is noting compared to my CoX account's where I got 32 chars over 2 accounts. The term used on most mmo's for this is called Altitis =^.^= some of us are just to creative and ADD to limit ourselves to such few chars:PP

I usually dual-box, and have been ever since I got my first buddy key for EnB. I have a third account, though I use it mostly for throw-away characters to boost xp when I map new sectors. Even though I'm a devoted miner and usually have one of my alts around to leach xp when I mine, it's not quite enough to go around, so extra explore xp is always welcome...