job mobs left

i would just like to say; people who leave job mobs in areas where others take jobs should be more courtious to other players; if you take a job & cannot kill your mob, please be kind & ask for help to get the job done. there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to help you out. it is very annoying to take a job & go to an area & find you cannot do the job because someone else has left a higher level mob out there.

thank you,
Dragonrose :)
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='dragonrose' timestamp='1310561944' post='43187']
i would just like to say; people who leave job mobs in areas where others take jobs should be more courtious to other players; if you take a job & cannot kill your mob, please be kind & ask for help to get the job done. there are plenty of people who would be more than happy to help you out. it is very annoying to take a job & go to an area & find you cannot do the job because someone else has left a higher level mob out there.

thank you,
Dragonrose :)
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that until very recently that if you had a CTD the mobs stayed but your missions went away. If any are like me I find it hard to remember what I had for dinner last night let alone where my job mobs were located. So I don't think players are generating job mobs to be _____s (insert expletive). Also... I heard that if you cancel a job or CTD etc. the mobs go poof after a set time. This may be a bug and should be reported in the player bug area. Just saying...

This is becoming a serious issue in SE. Having to deal with a Minotaur at every nav because someone left it, gets tedious.
Even with level 9 shields they do enough damage to make it a very difficult kill on top of your actual job mob (or two).

I had to deal with it a couple times this morning, and basically that entire area west of the Xipe gate was a disaster til I cleared out a couple of the leftovers.

Not the easiest task with level 8 guns still either, even for a top hull level 9 shield PW. Cant imagine how that would be for other classes.

Please kill your job mobs or make sure they are cleared by someone that can. Edited by Ryle

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1310571972' post='43194']
I'm pretty sure that until very recently that if you had a CTD the mobs stayed but your missions went away. If any are like me I find it hard to remember what I had for dinner last night let alone where my job mobs were located. So I don't think players are generating job mobs to be _____s (insert expletive). Also... I heard that if you cancel a job or CTD etc. the mobs go poof after a set time. This may be a bug and should be reported in the player bug area. Just saying...
[/quote]

even if you can't remember exactly where the mobs are, you could at least put out a message saying: " i had job mobs in sector such & so, if anyone sees them please get rid of them for me" maybe even a level so people will know what they are up against. Just saying.....

BTW i never said they were generating job mobs to be ______s. Edited by dragonrose

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1310590321' post='43213']
and yes, I did attempt to send the "owners" private messages before I killed their mobs. in neither case were they on.
[/quote]

i also send out messages; if noone responds i ask for someone to come take care of it & usually someone will.

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1310590321' post='43213']
and yes, I did attempt to send the "owners" private messages before I killed their mobs. in neither case were they on.
[/quote]

you can't just do a /who playername as this is a GM tool only. If you PMed and they didn't answer it could be a language issue. In any case, two bugs need to be reported. The first is a job mob should not attack you unless you are the owner or the non owner shoots at it 1st. And second is if the "job mob go poof after x amt of time" change is not working as intended and should be reported as well.

That sounds like a good idea, let X amount of time be a bit long. If you're killing Job Mobs with a JT it's going to take a while, if you're fighting apropriate level mobs, particularily if you're doing the ones out of Prasad Station. Not sure what a good amount of time, but a poorly equipped non-combat class should have enough time to do multiple missions before their job mob goes poof.

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1310594219' post='43219']
That sounds like a good idea, let X amount of time be a bit long. If you're killing Job Mobs with a JT it's going to take a while, if you're fighting apropriate level mobs, particularily if you're doing the ones out of Prasad Station. Not sure what a good amount of time, but a poorly equipped non-combat class should have enough time to do multiple missions before their job mob goes poof.
[/quote]

I thought it was tied to the player who owned the job mob. If they left the game...CTD, logged off, or got kicked for foul language :) their mobs would go away. But I may have made this up. :) but if I did think it up...can I get a month free for submitting a good idea?

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1310593611' post='43217']
you can't just do a /who playername as this is a GM tool only. If you PMed and they didn't answer it could be a language issue. In any case, two bugs need to be reported. The first is a job mob should not attack you unless you are the owner or the non owner shoots at it 1st. And second is if the "job mob go poof after x amt of time" change is not working as intended and should be reported as well.
[/quote]

If you try to send a PM to an offline player, the system throws an error like "person not logged in"

[quote name='Ryle' timestamp='1310613919' post='43232']
If you try to send a PM to an offline player, the system throws an error like "person not logged in"
[/quote]
This has been logged as an error and TB is looking into it.

Rolo

So if I take some combat jobs and don't do them right away, they just hang out waiting for me or do the just spawn when I enter the area?

If I log out, they go away, but come back when I log in?

[quote name='Ripster' timestamp='1310646858' post='43237']
So if I take some combat jobs and don't do them right away, they just hang out waiting for me or do the just spawn when I enter the area?

If I log out, they go away, but come back when I log in?
[/quote]

So if I take some combat jobs and don't do them right away, they just hang out waiting for me or do ,-[size="5"]Yes
[/size]Soon to be fixed
do the just spawn when I enter the area? - [size="5"]No[/size]

If I log out, they go away, but come back when I log in? [size="5"]No[/size]

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1310654463' post='43248']
So if I take some combat jobs and don't do them right away, they just hang out waiting for me or do ,-[size="5"]Yes
[/size]Soon to be fixed
do the just spawn when I enter the area? - [size="5"]No[/size]

If I log out, they go away, but come back when I log in? [size="5"]No[/size]
[/quote]

the 40 minute timer starts when you accept the job. 0-30 minutes is for job holder only, 30-40 mins is free for all, at 40 mins they despawn
they shouldnt spawn until you get within 30 km of the spawn point

• 2 weeks later...
I thought job mobs only spawned when you entered the sector? At least, that's what i remember seeing a couple months ago when I was dual-boxing them and leaving one toon in SE while the other ran to the terminal.