Alternative means

Hi everyone,

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, we're just barely floating above minimum (enough to pay for one month of everything) and we really, really need to have more of a running balance than this, at least 2 months just to cover us in case donations were low for financial reasons or such.

I'm writing this to let you all know that we're going to try to use ads to assist with this problem since not everyone is capable of donating. The ads will be present for non-donators and will be taken down once we reach our goals each month. If you donate, the advertisements will also cease as one of the incentives for donating to the great cause of reviving ENB!

We will also be releasing some clear financial data for each month's final totals as well as a balance shortly so you can see roughly where we stand.

We cannot be certain how well this will or won't work, but there's only one way to find out. In any case, bear with us.

The adds are too small to be annoying, also the subjects are not annoying at all. Maybe if you added Peter North's maximum pills to the adds then at least half the people here would have to become a donator.

Okay initiative anyway, though a better fundraiser would involve the threatening to let Byakhee do more than just progen missions.

If you have to do ads, than I say by all means do them. As Tyran said, they are small and inoffensive.

It is based on a per click. I am still trying to figure out if it will be worth us even doing it on the forums. Mainly it is to help, not be our source of money. I hope we can get most of our money from donations.

Thanks,

David

[quote name='Klyde' timestamp='1308352798' post='42256']
It's too bad that more folks can't donate to help keep this running. :D

[b]It would certainly suck if it was shut down due to lack of funds.[/b]
[/quote]

Definitely, and most of us would miss this game quite a bit if it were gone.

donated what I can today. Once I get a steady supply of income, I'd be more inclined to donate to you guys. Keep up the good work!

I'll try to see if I can get some of my mmo clan mates to join EnB and maybe get them to donate as well. I know my other friend would be shocked to see this alive as I was... once he gets back from his tour of duty.

finances have been tight past couple months, I'm still unemployed but donating plasma (unfortunately $60 a week doesn't even cover the gas I'm using driving my roommate back and forth to work) but roomie's getting a car and his license reinstated so I'll be able to donate more often very shortly :)