Another Valut Sort Option

Falstar

I think it would be nice to have a "Level" sort of the vault. Currently there is Value, Name, and Category. Having all the same level items together would be nice.

It might also be nice to have a sub sort automatically. For example, the Category sort will sort by category, but when I sorted my vault, all my ore is together, but it is all mixed up.

Maybe just a default sub sort by level would be good (except when sorting by value & Name of course)

Maybe a drop down off of the sort button so you can choose which method to sort by rather than hitting sort, waiting for the "sorting machine to reset" and then click it again until you get to the one you want.

+INFINITY

I could swear that such an option existed in Live - I personally use and like sort but prefer "by category" and the current method requires many sorts (and waits) to complete.

+INFINITY

I could swear that such an option existed in Live - I personally use and like sort but prefer "by category" and the current method requires many sorts (and waits) to complete.

Good point about the waits, is there any reason why we can't get rid of them? Especially since we have to cycle through for the sort we want.

I thought it would be nice to have a confirmation pop up on the sort button. Clicking it by accident is annoying.

Sorry, that would make it too annoying to cycle through the sort types.

Maybe a drop down off of the sort button so you can choose which method to sort by rather than hitting sort, waiting for the "sorting machine to reset" and then click it again until you get to the one you want.

Sorry, modifications to the client can't be done. :) The waiting sucks and we'll fix that, see below.

Good point about the waits, is there any reason why we can't get rid of them? Especially since we have to cycle through for the sort we want.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but I totally agree that it's a huge pain. This infuriates me every time I try to sort my cargo or vault; it takes forever to cycle through, and there's no indication as to how long you're supposed to wait. My guess is that there's either a timer set up to prevent the server from having to send all your cargo data ten times a second if you were to rapidly click the sort button, or that there's a lock of some sort to protect the server that take a while to release. I'll take a look at the code and get back to guys about it.

As to the original topic of sorting the vault by level:

This can be done, but it has to be done through slash commands. I'm thinking of something like "/sortvault <sotr_by> <group_by>", so you could sort and group your items as you wish. For instance "/sortvault level category" would group everything by category (i.e. all weapons together, all ores together, etc.) and sort by level within those groups.

This can be done, but it has to be done through slash commands. I'm thinking of something like "/sortvault <sotr_by> <group_by>", so you could sort and group your items as you wish. For instance "/sortvault level category" would group everything by category (i.e. all weapons together, all ores together, etc.) and sort by level within those groups.

Yes, please!!!!

I've looked at the code and there is an arbitrary timer set for about ten seconds between sorts. I'm sure this is to keep problems from arising with lots of data being sent and server time being hogged with the sorting. Hopefully, this was just an error on the side of caution and we can just turn off, or turn down, the timer. I'll ask Tienbau about it and see if this can be done.

Sorry, that would make it too annoying to cycle through the sort types.

Sorry, modifications to the client can't be done. :) The waiting sucks and we'll fix that, see below.

I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but I totally agree that it's a huge pain. This infuriates me every time I try to sort my cargo or vault; it takes forever to cycle through, and there's no indication as to how long you're supposed to wait. My guess is that there's either a timer set up to prevent the server from having to send all your cargo data ten times a second if you were to rapidly click the sort button, or that there's a lock of some sort to protect the server that take a while to release. I'll take a look at the code and get back to guys about it.

I would be very happy to be able to sort in this manner.

If this was available then I wouldn't have any need to change the timer, especially if it's there to guard against the "save" problem - I'm OK with erring on the side of caution as the whole timer thing becomes moot with the introduction of the slash commands.

Is it possible to "safety" the sort button? I accidentally hit it when going for the close button. ARRGGGGGGG. I still have not taken the time to re-sort everything into what I'll be using it for (basically "give away to new chars", "keep for prints when I get the skill", "combat gear/travel gear", "parts for common/upcoming prints"). None of which can possibly be made into an automated sort - it's all meta to the item attributes.

I understand that sorting the vault by level would be great, esp. for explorers, but I think there's a need for a way to store stuff that is manually sorted by the player and immune to any auto-sort. Since that'd probably be hard, the next best thing to me would be to safety out the sort button (or at least get it away from a control you're going to use pretty often).