Lag is starting up again

I submitted a ticket on this but this morning it dawned on me that a possibility for the slowly increasing lag could be attributed to the job mobs. As it stands as of this morning everywhere I look I see Riddick mobs in no particular level and no particular location. If un-killed mobs are causing the lag perhaps some code could be added that the mobs do one of the following.

A. Go poof if the user logs off (for whatever reason)

B. The mobs do not materialize until the user gets to that sector / Nav

C. Users are allowed only 6 mobs until those 6 have been cleared up. (call for any and all to kill the mobs)

D. Institute my idea of an NPC to list mobs/locations of rouge (player abandoned mobs) for bounty hunters ( the original reward stands)

E. Anyone found abusing the job terminals gets banned.

It seems that a simple timer (time to live) on the job mob would be the easiest. Say 1 to 2 hours max then gone. That would be much easier to code than the other options you mentioned.

Riddick is not the only one, but I agree he seems to have a love for seeing Mobs around with his name on them. His fellow guild mates are planning an intervention. :)

we've determined the increase in lag was co-incidental with the last push because we tried removing the relevant changes and the lag is still there.

Job mobs expire in 40 mins if no-one interacts with them. I've put a change in however that they won't spawn until you get near their location.

• Upvote 1

we've determined the increase in lag was co-incidental with the last push because we tried removing the relevant changes and the lag is still there.

Job mobs expire in 40 mins if no-one interacts with them. I've put a change in however that they won't spawn until you get near their location.

LOL Riddick is going to be ONE TRAVELING MAN!!!

And thanks much :)

Edited by Mimir

Well, if there was no lag would we think that this game was close to live? LOL

EA games always said there was no lag, it was everyone's internet...Maybe this applies here :P

Our game is perfect, no such thing as lag. Must be your machine or your connection...

Just because its bigger, harder and faster the the minimum spec doesn't mean it good enough for EnB :)

Well good news that job mobs won't spawn until the job owner arrives at the navigation marker.

Too bad nobody can figure out what was added with the August content push that introduced the stuttering every few seconds. It's probably a different kind of lag to the lag that everyone feels build up and up over a period of time.

My money was on code for hulk fields rather than job mobs.

:blink:

Well good news that job mobs won't spawn until the job owner arrives at the navigation marker.

Too bad nobody can figure out what was added with the August content push that introduced the stuttering every few seconds. It's probably a different kind of lag to the lag that everyone feels build up and up over a period of time.

My money was on code for hulk fields rather than job mobs.

:blink:

As tienbau said we already attempted undoing this revision (The August patch) and it still persists.

As tienbau said we already attempted undoing this revision (The August patch) and it still persists.

The stuttering every few seconds was not on the PLAY server before the August patch as other threads have pointed out. It's not just me telling you this as others have noticed it and mentioned it too.

It is a different lag to the lag that builds up over time.

The stuttering every few seconds was not on the PLAY server before the August patch as other threads have pointed out. It's not just me telling you this as others have noticed it and mentioned it too.

It is a different lag to the lag that builds up over time.

That may very well be, and something that went in could have been a catalyst, but what he's saying is "underlying cause" not this patch material. Something else is causing it, don't fixate on the patch because even with it removed, that lag still occurs.

This lag is a different lag, it happens at a set amount of time. One way to test this is get a jenpie in an ore field and target a roid, cycle through them with the D key. You will see a roid hang up for a couple seconds before moving to the next. Depending on how fast you cycle through them, its always the same number of keystrokes, it happens to me around 12 roid cycles.

I have only tested this on one system, and it could be client lag on my end.

This lag is a different lag, it happens at a set amount of time. One way to test this is get a jenpie in an ore field and target a roid, cycle through them with the D key. You will see a roid hang up for a couple seconds before moving to the next. Depending on how fast you cycle through them, its always the same number of keystrokes, it happens to me around 12 roid cycles.

I have only tested this on one system, and it could be client lag on my end.

It's not client side lag, I get the exact same thing on 2 pc's, more like 7 roids for me, I guess I hit the D key faster but the cycle is the same,

every 7 roids, 2-3 seconds lag or more like a pause and then repeat.

That may very well be, and something that went in could have been a catalyst, but what he's saying is "underlying cause" not this patch material. Something else is causing it, don't fixate on the patch because even with it removed, that lag still occurs.

Kyp do you even realize there are two different types of lag going on?

One that's been around since whenever but seems to be getting more prevalent.

One that came with the August patch the stutter every few seconds.

Two types of lag.

Kyp do you even realize there are two different types of lag going on?

One that's been around since whenever but seems to be getting more prevalent.

One that came with the August patch the stutter every few seconds.

Two types of lag.

Yes but I'm only responding in favor of the one that "came with the August patch" as indicated by earlier comments.