standby  we are waiting for a server Dev to check in and see what the issue is and to reboot the server as needed they have been notified by the forums  posts already

Woodstock HGM

• Like 1

I can see continously attempts of an old proxy client, hammering the server.

Maybe a bot...dunno.

Last restart from me today as i am leaving town now.

So treat the server well...

Zackman's post suggests a DDoS attack with an old proxy "hammering" the server.  The net-7 website is up, so the underlying IP address is good and the hired server farm is working.

I don't understand how to defeat a DDoS attack myself and suspect it requires adding specialized code to the host server's gateway [that code would discard all messages from the offending IP address(es) without reply]

https://www.cloudflare.com/ddos/

Seems affordable. Again, if the source is only 1 IP address, it needs to be possible to have the hosting company block that address. But before we move here, how certain is it that we're met with a DDoS? I would like to get involved here to see if there is something I can do to help. I'm a professional in the infrastructure area, and more than willing to lend a helping hand.

On 5/15/2019 at 5:37 AM, Autumn said:

Just wanted to give N7 a head;s up that we're getting the login server down message when we try to log in.

We have a server status thread already, no need to open another one.

34 minutes ago, KrazeyKami said:

Seems affordable. Again, if the source is only 1 IP address, it needs to be possible to have the hosting company block that address. But before we move here, how certain is it that we're met with a DDoS? I would like to get involved here to see if there is something I can do to help. I'm a professional in the infrastructure area, and more than willing to lend a helping hand. 

There is no DDOS attack.

As long as there is no official statement about such  actions, you shouldn't make up anything and "sell it as fact".

Just because some1 is constantly trying to connect with an old proxy client is not matching the term DDOS.