Requesting More Bug Reports

Kenu

Us developers would love more bug reports in the developer support bug reporting section.

One of the most time consuming part of developing is finding the things we need to fix. With that in mind, helping us find these bugs would be greatly appreciated.

So please, make bug reports in that section and help us get this game polished up.

Things to Report:

mission typos

missing missions from live

missing navs

regular talk tree typos

objects and mobs with wrong assets (they look differently than they did in live)

broken missions or buggy missions

sound bugs

broken or bugged skills

missing mob spawns (remember we are early in storyline so no vrix)

missing mob drops (^^)

and other general bugs.

Also if you see the bug already reported, do not make a new topic for it.

We're looking forward to fixing these various bugs and making the game more as it was and should be.

1. Weapons locking during combat. Have to unequip and reequip them.

2. Rally graphic not showing on TE unless he is group leader.

3. Recent built item button on terminal.

4. Random crashes, freezeing.

5. Guild functions not working.

Kenu, there are a bunch of things reported in the bugs section, would it be possible for a Dev or someone put a note on those threads with the bug being fixed, need more info, works as intended, game feature, etc. ?

It would help us in reporting without making new threads or rolling toons to test this just to see if it now works. You guys know better than us when things are fixed or are unfixable due to poor info.

;)

The way I see it, we have this bug reporting section so let's use it. It couldn't hurt.

The bugs reported to betas that are put on mantis will probably get more attention, but mantis hasn't been used much lately.

I assume if the bugs were fixed, the dev who fixed them would report them as fixed in the thread.

You can see known bugs by looking at http://mantis.net-7.org

and looking through the bug reporting section on the forums.

...at some point, someone has to start fixing the bugs, and taking a machete to the rapidly growing list ;)

I made plenty of bug reports while beta & beta+, but none were ever addressed. I guess as a regular old player now I'll keep making them.

Mantis - it was great once upon a time, but too many people caused drama with it, and too many others were scared to do anything to change or actually fix bugs, so... RIP :/

cant we just use tickets? most of the people are too lazy report bugs up here when they are playing. its the best to describe the bug from ingame when you are looking at it rather then: alt+tab, make a topic/post, alt+tab, look at it in the game, alt+tab, describe the bug, alt+tab, look at the bug again as you forgoten half of the details, alt+tab again, add the details, +upload screnshots, post the link here, hit the "post" button.

I think one of the dev team know the "known bugs" and this one know when a dev works on a bug or not and when a bug is fixed.

So i think it is no problem for this one of the dev team to put a new thread "sticky" and only "readable" with a list of the "known bugs" in the bug forum.

And this one of the dev team change the list maybe every two weeks and write down "bug fixed" or "new bug" behind a bug.

We all know, most humans like to do only funny things. There is no fun to search the forum and net-7 and ... to clear "yes i got a new bug and i have to write a bug report" or "oh, this bug i got today is a old, known bug". That i think is why many players don't write bug reports. I think a list of the known bugs would help a lot.

the thing is, to me those in-game reports do not seem to be working as they should.

I've never seen ANY of these reports so it's not helpful for me.

and if the reports are going to beta testers, they haven't really been reporting them on mantis. This could be the case since the beta testers only regained their beta tags last week or so.

If the system is working properly, please give me proof. Until then, I assume that the in-game bug reporting system functionality is a rumor. I really hope that's not the case since I'm sure many players put a lot of time into making the reports. If this system doesn't work, let's make it clear so we stop wasting effort on it. If it does work, I want to know where I can find these tickets.

I still don't get why a known issues list (see my post above) is so hard to implement.

1) Create a sticky post

2) Post the known bugs based on category

I was told in my suggestion thread that mantis does this (not complete), or that devs already know about them (not useful for reporting).

This is like a 10-30 minute job for someone. There is a breakdown here in terms of what the dev community feels is the best way to handle bug reporting, which makes it frustrating for the players to see any value in posting bugs.

----------

"Known bugs don't always need to be reported. Saves us "scrolling" time. - Marco

"long and the short: it's great you want to help but don't stress over it, feel free to report to betas but the world isn't going to end if you don't get that report in." -random poster "Well said, Endorsed by me ;)" - Slayerman

"Us developers would love more bug reports in the developer support bug reporting section." - Kenu

----------

I'm fine with the current game and not whining about this, but it seems clear to me that there is no centralized process for bug reporting or issue management. Mantis looks like a good tool that would be useful for both creating a known issues list and managing the issue resolution workflow so I don't get why it isn't used effectively.

The mixed messages from the team confuses the hell out of us. Post bugs, don't post bugs, tell a beta, don't tell a beta, etc.

I would love to help make the game better by helping devs work out these bugs, but a better process needs to be in place to manage the issues effectively.

• Upvote 1

I know the beta team are going through a major restructure at the moment, and new assignments are to be handed out very soon..

I guess you could say they are crossing the t's and dotting the i's ...

Im sure the system will improve greatly very soon

;)

I know the beta team are going through a major restructure at the moment, and new assignments are to be handed out very soon..

I guess you could say they are crossing the t's and dotting the i's ...

Im sure the system will improve greatly very soon

;)

Sounds great :)

the thing is, to me those in-game reports do not seem to be working as they should.

I've never seen ANY of these reports so it's not helpful for me.

and if the reports are going to beta testers, they haven't really been reporting them on mantis. This could be the case since the beta testers only regained their beta tags last week or so.

If the system is working properly, please give me proof. Until then, I assume that the in-game bug reporting system functionality is a rumor. I really hope that's not the case since I'm sure many players put a lot of time into making the reports. If this system doesn't work, let's make it clear so we stop wasting effort on it. If it does work, I want to know where I can find these tickets.

Not going to argue against anything that helps provide a flow of info back to the Team . . . but last night one of the Pnnnn GM's was broadcasting requests for all of us affected by the "no faction" bug to open a ticket through the in-game system - which I know a bunch of us did. I received an email with a ticket reference and Pnnnn (forget which one) announced he was seeing a flood of tickets on the subject. So it *seems* that at least some aspect of the in-game system is working.

so the system does work and I'm getting it set up for me, but I don't know why I'm only finding out about this now... anyway, closing this topic.

keep using the in game system and expect to see more Jenquai bugs fixed soon. :P