Post 150 Raid Suggestions

Ulyydian

If it's not already in game at this level, mini-bosses that are a little higher than the existing ones.  Say have a group of mobs that spawn that are in the 51-55 range, and if you kill enough of them over time, an boss spawns.  Say a named 56-58 mob that has nice drops.  The boss can drop 1-3 nice items, and some junk loot with decent credit & trade XP value.   I guess I could call it a "farming raid".  Intended for 6-9 players.  (the corpse of the boss would last a while so that looting rights can be established.  While the boss' corpse remains the other mobs don't spawn, temporarily, but do spawn 5 minutes after the corpse is either cleared or disintegrates.)

The loot would mostly be manufacturable L8 or L9 things, and the loot tables on the boss would be such that the boss would drop something useful for each class, but you'd have to kill it several times to cover everyone.  Probably more than 10-15 times since sometimes drops will repeat.  Those upcoming JT devices (the L8 L9 versions) would be examples of the type of thing that could drop there.  At least the L8 one.  Some L9 weapons that serve as alternatives to Pitbulls, Archos, and Zets, but aren't as powerful as those things that are intended to be rare like the DG. 

Later in game, perhaps some secondary weapons, with nice enough buffs to make the races they're intended for at least consider secondary weapons, as currently they're ignored.  They'd have to effectively be L8.5 in terms of damage, or offer buffs that are a bit rare for the race in question.  They'd have to be race-restricted so that they're not used as primary weapons for the other races.  Such weapons could drop from these farming raids.   

A dev is asking for ideas, wants to be more inclusive of players not in guilds, makes a couple comments to that effect and you smack him down for it... You expect this dev to produce for you?  Did you create this account simply to post this rather... odd bit of logic?

I gave ideas as requested, but i'm not one to sit back and not say something when a dev or anyone puts out negative comments. If it would of been just comments that individuals and small groups are not included that would be fine, but instead he points the finger and declares all large guilds as snobbish by nature as well as non-accepting of others. This is putting the blame on the large guilds rather than the lack of content for individuals and small guilds.  As for him producing or not producing it's a volunteer position I would expect him to either produce or step down.  Lastly on your comment on  making this account to post this if you look at my profile you will July of 2012 was when this account was created and it is my only account, I've just never been  active on the forums. So this account has actually been here longer then the account your posting on as a date of February 2013.  

• Upvote 1

Very well then.. :) Ulyy was just echoing a sentiment that is held by a large number of people in the player base, so it wasn't a surprise to me to see it posted.  I can think of two dozen threads that have similar statements by various people.  The way I see it, if his angst v.s. guilds motivates him to focus content at solo/small guild players, I'll let him have his rant.. :) I don't agree with it, but I don't have to. I just want the ideas he's posted about to materialize... So, by all means give him a hard time too, I just thought it was odd that the first post you ever make is to put the whammy on a Dev you probably don't know very much about.

• 6 months later...

Here's a new Raid that will require 4-6 groups.

I used Fenris as a example but it could be done in any sector you see fit.

I also used the Bio-Rippers(etc) as the NPC in this raid. :)

The raid will start at one Nav for the activation, With two other spawn locations

for the reinforcements in the defense of the Base or Compound.

Two of the groups will try to prevent the reinforcements from reaching the Activation Base.

One group will try to stop the Adds from Akara's Tear from reaching the base and

the other group will try to stop the adds from The "Moon Fragment" northwest of Nav Fenris 7

from reaching the base.

Shoot to kill, Summons and Hack their Engines, anything to stop them from getting there !

Mob levels 58-66.

Upon the failure of stopping the Reinforcements, the shields of the Activation Base will be recharged !

NewRaid_zpsb480b11d.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's a new Raid that will require 4-6 groups.

I used Fenris as a example but it could be done in any sector you see fit.

Nice raid idea! But 4-6 groups - 24-36 players? This will not often working. We have not enough player for this.

First thing the devs should do, for raids is: After the first shot on a raid mob, check the ip adress of the char. If on this ip adress other chars logged in, kick the other chars from the server. Raids are for many peoples, working together - not for a single person with 6 or more chars.

(If two or more real people playing on one ip adress, they can write to the support and the support can mark their chars. So they can play together on one ip adress. Like in other mmorpgs.)

Don't misunderstand me! I love multiboxing. I do it often. It's much fun, for me. But a single player can do fish bowl, mordana, red dragon base and more?

After that change, watch it for a few months, how the current raids go - and after this time, change the raids, if it is necessary or bring more raids in our game.

In the mean time, the devs can do all the other things on their lists. :-)

Edited by Otaro
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Nice raid idea! But 4-6 groups - 24-36 players? This will not often working. We have not enough player for this.

First thing the devs should do, for raids is: After the first shot on a raid mob, check the ip adress of the char. If on this ip adress other chars logged in, kick the other chars from the server. Raids are for many peoples, working together - not for a single person with 6 or more chars.

(If two or more real people playing on one ip adress, they can write to the support and the support can mark their chars. So they can play together on one ip adress. Like in other mmorpgs.)

Don't misunderstand me! I love multiboxing. I do it often. It's much fun, for me. But a single player can do fish bowl, mordana, red dragon base and more?

After that change, watch it for a few months, how the current raids go - and after this time, change the raids, if it is necessary or bring more raids in our game.

4 to 6 groups wont work on the server.

and thank god for your good idea on the IP check lucky me i have 3 IP adreses i can use at the same time :)

+1

I multibox too, and unfortunately it looks like its here to stay.

Raid leaders could just ask to please leave the alts at base, most players will be happy to do that.

Now on my 150+ raid suggestion.

The Lag/Rendering does not become a bigger problem until all the separate groups become within range of each others scan and viewing area.

If one group(s) fails to keep the reinforcement adds to its spawn site, then the raid itself is a fail.

Enemy Group Summons, Engine Hack and Gravity link become key to this raid.

Also there is one or two sectors that have much fewer entities (static and dynamic), the creation and the opening of "Taloc" (Spelling) or ANY NEW sector could be designed around this premise and optimized for a larger raid.

But then again I could be wrong.

Edited by Phorlaug

• 2 years later...

How about approaching things from a concept that is very "traditional" to the MMO world...dungeon crawling.  So in typical MMO's, raid bosses are often set in dungeons, with rooms of bad guys that have to be cleared to reach said boss.  ENB is a space game, so obviously the concept would never work well...but how about something similar? for example:

You group up with 11 of your best buddys, and you zone onto a planet or into a portion of space occupied by a gravity well.  Due to the mass effect, you can't warp, and your are under the effects of a form of gravity link, which prevents you from kiting.  There area in front of you is occupied by lots of mobs,and you have to be careful with tactics not to agro nearby mobs, and you have to clear one group at a time as you slowly progress to the final mob.

The focus would be more on tactics, the group paying attention, and making the event like a standard "dungeon crawler" feel.  Something like this should be easier to implement than creating tons of new content, and could give some high level folks stuff to do while waiting for newer raid content that is more intensive to program.

• 2 years later...