SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

2 hours ago, Tashazar said:

Still broke.

1 hour ago, Tashazar said:

logged on for a min, Broke agan

1 hour ago, Samsou said:

server crashed again

1 hour ago, bryon3642 said:

seen it up and running and was crashed before i could get a toon in

1 hour ago, Cerberus504 said:

oh the server is up but login is not allowing entry it is the same the last 2 days seems an intermittant bug that is playing merry hell to find

restarting login seems to fix it for a while but without standing beside it all day and night there seems no way to keep it stable at the moment 

also gating docking and undocking and towing seem do drop you if you are in game while the login is broke and then you cant get back in 

8 minutes ago, Janwarrior said:

Somebody trying to hack the login server?

2 minutes ago, Cerberus504 said:

it is possible but if it is it smacks more of a dos attack and who I ask you would hack a bunch of enthusiasts with no cash on a small server 

1 minute ago, Cerberus504 said:

I mean the average age among us must be 50 with a lot of us in our 60s or older

One post for an outage please. This is all spam for me and unfortunately when I'm not available no amount of posting is going to change it sooner. The server is struggling with a problem right now that remains hard to diagnose. This may persist for some time yet. We can only fix what we can understand, the game client is 21 years old and is dealing with modern tech, the "login server" is what makes sure your connection is secure, but instead of the inv-301 you'd get if it were something more simple like a certificate, the actual process is shutting down. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue but normally the main thread of the game server would restart it, and it just seems to have mysteriously stopped doing so. Unfortunately, it cannot be restarted out of the program and still work so there isn't an easy workaround.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Cerberus504 said:

I mean the average age among us must be 50 with a lot of us in our 60s or older

74 Played live to  Sunset

played STS2 STS3 STS 4 and Sunraise

31 minutes ago, Kyp said:

...when I'm not available no amount of posting is going to change it sooner.

Then let people help you. Give them access to the source, give them access to the servers, and let them actually, materially, help you. Many have offered over the years, and each seems to have been shot down for one reason or another. You are alone because you choose to be, not because you have to be. And I suspect that sentiment would be echoed by the broader playerbase, but maybe I'm wrong, so I'll let this post be my wind vain on that front.

P.S. if you're still demanding an NDA be signed to help, drop it. On $5000/year of donations, there's no (practical) way to legally enforce it. It's an empty threat that puts a bad taste in the mouth of anyone with enough brain power to realize how pointless that threat and document are.

Don't need more cooks but a good Sous chef may help.

Note to self...next time it is working park a couple toons out side so I can mine

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Doctor said:

Then let people help you. Give them access to the source, give them access to the servers, and let them actually, materially, help you. Many have offered over the years, and each seems to have been shot down for one reason or another. You are alone because you choose to be, not because you have to be. And I suspect that sentiment would be echoed by the broader playerbase, but maybe I'm wrong, so I'll let this post be my wind vain on that front.

P.S. if you're still demanding an NDA be signed to help, drop it. On $5000/year of donations, there's no (practical) way to legally enforce it. It's an empty threat that puts a bad taste in the mouth of anyone with enough brain power to realize how pointless that threat and document are.

Those things are partially required by what we set up and how we set it up. I'm not 100% alone, but to be fair the server doesn't usually have this constant downage problem. 

Don't take this as me being rude, take it as the same thing Zack pushed earlier in this thread when he was subscribing. Quit just talking in it. Talk in another thread if you want to say more than "server down".

I don't take anything at night because my phone disables alerting after a certain hour and there's no one available to work overnight on bringing it back up.

While I understand your point of view, what you think you see is not what is happening.

My main reasons for shooting anyone down generally had more to do with behavior and attitude than anything else, mostly because the team once faced a lot of drama and it caused issues getting things moving forward. This is one of the main things the team, such as it is, does not want to see back because we all get along fine now and there's little if any drama/bs ever.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• Kyp unlocked this topic
  • RedKite locked this topic
  • RedKite locked this topic

Looks like the log in server is down again,   no need to post more than this response,  I am locking this when its up they will unlock it.

login server seems to be down again. fwiw, each time i've seen this happen, ship movement also seems to stop being recognized in game. warping still works, but manual ship movement is ignored and the ships will always rubberband back to their original positions.