TS content/offset ammo build

In Old Live (tm) and hopefully Soon (tm) they will put the PS content to the gene maps/ repository back in. This content is what helped the PS defray their costs of ammo, since they couldn't build it they depended on others to build it and had to pay whatever the builder wanted the charge (rob :)) them of. With all gene maps having to go through the PS, they either got a cut  of the credits for the trade in, or more often got the ammo builders to quid pro quo, build ammo at cost ~ gene map trades fee free.

In thinking on the TS being in now, they too have to seek their ammo being built, while them having negotiate helps the refine ores and save credits that way, and buy the ammo comps from vendor a tad cheaper, that reduction through negotiate don't really defray the cost enough.

PS/TS are at a distinct disadvantage in comparison with a JE in this regard, they both have to take up valuable space for ammo in their hold/vault, and seek on a continual basis to restock.

With this running around in my head I thought, shouldn't the TS have something the PS had of old to help them both offset the ammo they have to dip into their reserves to buy constantly? Shouldn't it too have some integral part that other classes had to go through them to do, thereby cementing them to their ammo source?

So here is an idea I had, and maybe you can come up with a wrinkle or three in ideas to help achieve TS content for that end:

The bogrial are TE haters, and in general in competition with the Terrans at large. With the addition of Leroy Junkins (thanks Stanig btw) buying up all the scrap, the Terrans might want to exploit the situation and cause a scarcity for the bogrials (oh and make a obscene profit from monopolistic dynamics :)). With the debris considered to plentiful that it gives to fast of bogrial rep, how about have the TS npc ,via TS players take debris for a greater bounty than normal? rep or not for the turn in, it might be a viable rep builder for the TS, if not, then at least the credit boost to offset ammo build.

Like the PS and the gene maps, let the TS be the conduit of debris flow for increased credits, you can add it in storyline wise, the Hyperia fleets are old infinicorp and enforcer ships that were mothballed, there is already storyline to that effect, and that part of their task is to retrofit those ships for short term, and gear up for new construction projects long term.

They are going to need the used/mothballed parts to get those old ships back to par, and upgrade them? Might not the debris and other stuff be what they need? How about that stuff that Leroy ain't taking like satellite arrays etc?

Just a thought....got one of your own that a greedy TS might exploit? have at it!

Neat idea, but is this just a solution to a problem that really doesn't exist? Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd bet that almost everyone who has a TS/PS probably has at least one toon that builds ammo for them. How many accounts in game does this really affect? Maybe a noob, if we can get a few, that start as a TS or PS? I'd be curious to see just how many players can't build ammo for their TS/PS toons.

From a pure content standpoint, I like the idea though. It's another way to potentially gain faction for the Bogeril sector, if and when it opens.

In the old Live, this made sense, because you pay a monthly fee for your account, and you need 2 PCs to play those 2 accounts.  I remember earning credits making ammos for PS.  I have not seen anyone posting on the Market channel to buy ammos in EMU Live, unlike old Live.

In the EMU Live where you can have 45 toons per game account, I agree with Vitaes, TS and/or PS getting ammos is not a problem, well unless the devs outlaws boxing altogether.

With that said, besides the problem with making ammos, IMHO, of the 3 new professions,  the TS and the JT are under-developed.  They need more love from the devs.

Sort of my point, everyone has an alt that makes stuff to feed em. But it shouldn't be that way from a content standpoint, content shouldn't be written 'assuming" that you have another toon to "carry" you. My idea about TS content like PS was because TS do lack fleshing, and since the bogrial/terran dynamics have them at each others throats storywise, and there is existing storyline about infincorp/DeWinter trying to delete hyperian explorers, relegating them to old obsolete/mothballed stuff, that part of their mission is to recover from that handicap, you could get a 2fer in content. Bogrial competition vs Hyperia for the junk needed to fix old ships, and the TS having a trade in niche that other classes have.

Got other ideas for TS content? I would love to see whats perculating in those fertile minds out there.

• Upvote 1

A lone TS hears a distress call. Upon investigating the coordinates, the TS finds a ship about to explode due to reactor malfunction.  As the pilot is rescued, a TE shows up, demanding that you hand over the pilot for questioning. The rescued pilot quickly mumbles something about "DeWinter wanting information from me that could put GetCo in a real bind." Make your decision..hand over the pilot for Infinitcorp/Earthcorp faction, or....warp away quickly and begin the real mission, with a price on your head. Man, I wish I had time to be back on the Cdev team, I have a load of good ideas.

I've posted here https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/8979-new-item-to-build-ammo-crates/?p=77854 and copy/paste here

Including Live, I was always in favor of Ammo building should be another skill (!),

Idea was this: This skill user can not analyze weapons but only ammo (Explorer only skill, JE/PS/TS), it is low SP skill (unlike weapons) but takes SP none the less, Like 5 Levels (Total of 10 SP's I think)

L1 = Ammo Levels 1-2 (TL 5)

L2 = Ammo Levels 3-4 (TL 15)

L3 = Ammo Levesl = 5-6 (TL 25)

L4 = Ammo level = 7-8 (TL 35)

L5 = Ammo Level 9 (TL 45)

Weapon builders do not need ammo build, Weapon builders can build ammo + weapons, but ammo builders could only analyze & build ammo...

Considering AMMO is complete different item category, this could be made... Even items crafted with this skill might be marked as no-trade... 

But ofcourse there can be lots of seen & unforseen balance issues out there for this... This was just an idea...

But I think entire "can not build ammo" issue could be simplified by if there is a way to "reactivate" Manufacture All button on client (making it easier for component/ammo builders) ( If they didn't remove it but hide it, because I'm pretty sure pre-public beta I remember this button there)

I have posted https://forum.enb-emu...onent-stacking/ as suggestion for also those stacking problem...

Man, I wish I had time to be back on the Cdev team, I have a load of good ideas.

Tell me about it. I had, what I thought to be anyway, a fantastic multi-mission arc full of political and corporate intrigue that I had planned to take from beginning to end of the OL spectrum... all starting with the player chancing upon a book during a low-level mission.  One of these days, if I ever get the time and opportunity, I would love to step back in and work on it again.

Disclaimer:

I recognize the below statement may not make a whole lot of sense when read at first, but it makes sense in my head. Should anyone actually be interested in knowing how I have connected these dots in my mind, feel free to ask.

The TS, of course, does need some content loving for sure.

The Bogeril are primarily Earth Corps and Infiniti Corps problem however, since both sides screwed them really badly. GetCo might actually have a leg up in that situation, perhaps being able to run specific TS only missions that involve aiding the Bogeril. Think of it like the Jenquai and Red Dragons. Not all Jenquai are friendly with the RD, but the JD's have solid faction with them.

I know for one in the original Retail version, DeWinter was going to die. The plots surrounding Infiniti Corp were immense, and without a doubt her greed for Corporate domination didn't even bother bordering on Villainy, it blew past that border so fast its not even funny.

Saying that a plot between the Hyperia Explorers and Infiniti Corp being at odds with one another is not an impossibility. Hyperia is being funded by GetCo, for one, and we all know Infiniti hates GetCo and will do whatever they can to keep GetCo as their little subservient lapdog.

A plot, then, involving work from the Bogeril that somehow leads the Hyperia Explorers to realize exactly how deep this problem with DeWinter and Infiniti runs is not something that could come clean out of left field. That plot would also really shed the light on some of the events that are going on in the background with the Terrans. And above all else, it would supply the Terran Scouts something that is unique to them.

On a side note, however, if you really need credits for ammo. There is a repeatable quest in the TS start area for harvesting materials for the Station. It pays okay and gives explore and trade XP on each hand in. Just need 20 Iron and 20 Oxygen.

Torren, if that mission still exists to be used past L10, then expect it to be nerfed, it may have escaped dev attention. The TT and others have gotting their start zone missions adjusted to reflect it being a "start" zone and the new player to expand outward, the previous missions that you could do and make decent credits and xp (totally viable to L30 were other missions would then start providing more xp return rate). Those missions got fixed so you couldn't take them past a certain level.

The mission you mention may get some attention like the other classes got and its takeable @ -L11 but there after once you turn it in you can't retake. Personally I don't think they should take start missions like that away, that you should be able to do them to L150 if you were crazy enough to want to, but that there are other and better missions outside the start zone, getting better and better xp/rewards the farther out you go, that the rewards are such that you just can't resist leaving the start area, that you are lured to it.