Charactor Name and pass login

I put in my Account name and password, hit the ))) Enter key and as always it drops the game, leaving the black window in the back ground in windows. I hit net7 launcher again, even reset updates and still this SAME thing happens i get to Account Name and password hit enter instead of a orange hand, i get booted out back to windows. Now i have NEVER had this problem before the crash. I've tried resintaling the game demo and net7 launcher THREE TIMES! same thing happens its like a rinse and repeat. WTH is going on....Please i need some professional advice. I can't get into this game STILL. i don't know what to do, THIS IS MY PROBLEM, my only existing problem for the passed week. PLEASE HELP ME, Im having withdrawls believe it or not.. this is my final attempt i dont know when ill get another computer.

Well i am truely sorry no1 out there has a answer for me. I hope you guys continue to thrive and become the greatest game in the world. As for me, no1 is able to offer me help, so now my only choice is to delete the non working game from my computer, I hate to do this too, i got a freakin 137 pw worked really hard at! oh well, you guys have fun, i guess its 24 hours back to wow. peace ;/

Well i am truely sorry no1 out there has a answer for me. I hope you guys continue to thrive and become the greatest game in the world. As for me, no1 is able to offer me help, so now my only choice is to delete the non working game from my computer, I hate to do this too, i got a freakin 137 pw worked really hard at! oh well, you guys have fun, i guess its 24 hours back to wow. peace ;/

Hey Evilbadguy, Sorry that nobody was able to help you yet. However, you might want to give individuals more time to respond. This game is currently run by unpaid volunteers who are giving their time & enthusiasm to this project. So we as players can expect there to be delays and issues.

Cheers,

Pink

P.S.: I know that even in WoW it can take more than 12 hours to receive a personalized response :)

If you're using Windows Vista/7, change the compatibility mode setting on client.exe. Then, go to Earth & ...\Beyond\EBCONFIG\ and run E&BConfig.exe, change your graphics settings to something in the mid-range and run the Performance Test. Finally, try to log in again.

If C Del's suggestion doesn't work, I could use more info on the issue.

When the EnB client crashes, does the Net7 proxy list any errors? If you don't see the Net7 proxy you can still find what was listed there. To do so go to the Net7 install directory and open up the log file, for instance "_2009_12_22.log", in notepad.

The EnB client has logs as well. The location of its logs is "Earth & Beyond\release". In my install there is a file "_except.txt" which appears to list the last exception the client took.

I hope to hear back from you soon, Evilbadguy.

I have a similar problem. After the big crash, I was able to login once. After that, when I tried to login, the client would crash and the proxy window would display no new information.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the client. I did not use the "enb_up.exe" patch because the link was unavailable at the time. Using the updater in LaunchNet7 (and waiting for about a half hour) it updated the client to the latest version.

By this method, I was able to login and play. However, by closing E&B (or it crashing), I would have to reset updates and reupdate if I wish to login and play again (Note: subsequent updates after the first large one take the standard amount of time to update).

Once the "enb_up.exe" link was available again, I thought that I would uninstall the client and net7 and install it from scratch. With a fresh client install, patch, and net7 install, I tried logging in again only to find I was having the same problem as before.

Seeing as how I was able to login before, I reset everything again. I Installed the client without running the patch, installed Net7 and updated it using the launcher. Since doing so, I have been able to play again. The only downside is that I have to reset updates every time E&B closes.

I was wondering if CDel has ever seen this before and knows how to avoid having to reset updates every time, and why it works without the patch but doesn't work with it.

I would try a reinstall of the client again, and use the enb_up.exe patch as this is the correect procedure.

When you uninstall EmB make sure you go in to your install location and delete the folder, as the uninstaller does leave so files there installed by the patch.

I've done the uninstall of the game (including the whole folder) and even Net7. I repatched and still can only connect once then I have to reset updates to be able to reconnect. I can play as long as I don't close the game or CTD, that's when I have to force update.

Thanks

If you're using Windows Vista/7, change the compatibility mode setting on client.exe. Then, go to Earth & ...\Beyond\EBCONFIG\ and run E&BConfig.exe, change your graphics settings to something in the mid-range and run the Performance Test. Finally, try to log in again.

Yes, it appears CDel's idea on the video settings worked THANK YOU!. However, there presents a new problem. Every time i close the game or i crash at a gate, im also forced to reinstall updates, lol

-Vista

Im having a similar issue. when I launch the game with net 7 and attempt to log-in the game freezes, music plays but everything else is stuck and I have to kill the program with task manager.

Im useing vista and have tried everything stated in the thread. graphics set lower setting, compatibility set to xp....nuttin.

only logs I can find are with net7

25/12/09 22:16:36 MVAS thread running

25/12/09 22:22:46 MVAS thread running

25/12/09 22:27:24 MVAS thread running

25/12/09 22:30:35 MVAS thread running

Hitman

looks like i am having the same issue. did you find afix?

27/12/09 11:53:34 Connecting to Authentication Server on 127.0.0.1:443

27/12/09 11:53:34 RegisterSectorServer at IP address 127.0.0.1, port 3500

27/12/09 11:54:23 User 'XXXXXXXXXX' logging in from IP: 127.0.0.1

27/12/09 11:54:23 TCP login link established.

27/12/09 11:54:23 Starting TCP login connection

27/12/09 11:54:23 Login link established to server.

27/12/09 11:54:24 Received account valid from Server

27/12/09 11:54:24 Received account request.

27/12/09 11:54:48 MVAS thread running

27/12/09 12:57:33 MVAS thread running

27/12/09 12:59:50 MVAS thread running

then back to desktop.....

changed my compatibility mode setting on client.exe and got past the log in and docked at net7....but now I think i am black holed...lol

Edited by AZwoodman

Hitman

looks like i am having the same issue. did you find afix?

27/12/09 11:53:34 Connecting to Authentication Server on 127.0.0.1:443

27/12/09 11:53:34 RegisterSectorServer at IP address 127.0.0.1, port 3500

27/12/09 11:54:23 User 'XXXXXXXXXX' logging in from IP: 127.0.0.1

27/12/09 11:54:23 TCP login link established.

27/12/09 11:54:23 Starting TCP login connection

27/12/09 11:54:23 Login link established to server.

27/12/09 11:54:24 Received account valid from Server

27/12/09 11:54:24 Received account request.

27/12/09 11:54:48 MVAS thread running

27/12/09 12:57:33 MVAS thread running

27/12/09 12:59:50 MVAS thread running

then back to desktop.....

changed my compatibility mode setting on client.exe and got past the log in and docked at net7....but now I think i am black holed...lol

I messed with the video settings a little bit more but, whenever I attempt to log in the client freezes totally. Task manager is only way out.

can i have your stuff? :)

maybe once a month I get a similiar problem and a 2nd login always works... this is really and end-user problem imho... and not knowing the machine... but repairing computers for a living... I have a better than 90% chance of assuming the worse and being right (not to say you cant be the 10%)... but most of the time this is /random end-user machine issue

I use Vista (32bit) and dont have many problems other than the occasional CTM or CTD...

Acer Aspire 5920G

Core2Duo T5750

4gb Ram

ATI HD 3470 (up to 1.5gb ram)

Vista Home Premium

UAC disabled totally (User account control)

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Earth & Beyond\release\client.exe set to run in Windows 2000 Compatibilty mode.

Don't need to reset updates or anything, just works.

Net7 installed on D:\net7

All seems to work.

Oh and i run in Windowed mode at the Native desktop res (1280 x 800)

Seems I have the same problem. Game starts up fine but then crashes or freezes after I enter my password. Had this for most of yesterday, then I did a reinstall and ran the game without entering the E&B configuration program, worked fine for a while until it crashed on exiting, and the problem started up again.

Vista 64bit

Asus P5ND

GeForce 9800GTX+

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300

4GB RAM

Running all programs with XP compatibility

Good luck in finding a solution :rolleyes:

guy i also have this happen to me infrequently so this is what i do to fix the issue

you have your emulator

patch programe for the client and then

the client (the game in stalled)

first make sure your emulator is upto date

i just run the patch program let it patch the simplay run the emulator and e&b will run after you retype your password .

barring the server is not down it works for me every time . what it resets is beyond me but gets me to the char screen. i never have issues with the emulator . not as of yet

amd Phenom 9550 quad core proessor

6 gig ram

2 9500gt sli gaming cards 2 gig video mem

2 tera bits from 5 hard drives wd's

windows vista ultimate ser pk 2

amd quad p

I had that problem once. Was mainly do to same BUG that most challenging to the DEVS which is a, crash during docking and undocking and worst case in between the docking ergo your either in a black hole or your stuck. I knew I didn't need to uninstall my client firstly because this happens rarely and second, updates and server connection is the only time it happened until server rebooted or crashed it's self then all was well. :) I even went as far as to ask a beta tester, on an alt character that I was force to make temporarily. If you can dock at a the same station that my character crashed at and if that station isn't down by accident and he was able to dock. Cheers :D