Is There an Item Drop List?

Kindschi

Another thing, the Devs have said that they won't host on forums or DB the loot drop info...note this is forum^. they could delete this all if they so wish.

You need a independant hosted site from N7, they have as much as encouraged it.

Best wiki style if you want to do like what you are attempting, were peeps can add info but not delete without permissions.

What I meant was they incouraged you to start another "independant" site. You have basicly, through the forums, provided a link to another site. At any time they can modify the forum and discard that link. Your google page is dependant on members seeing the link here, clicking it, and inputting or exporting info to the google page. It isn't really independent if it requires folks to access it through a link from a closable thread.

If they are actually encouraging this way of doing things (it's dependant on their goodwill), perhaps seek a pinning so it don't get lost in a possibly ever expanding and losable thread.

Think Enbarsenal, or cygni61 or any outside fanpage. They aren't dependant on the forums as much as your good idea is.

As to my wiki thing, google drive doesn't function quite like it does. Wiki can be contributed to by all true, and on confirmation of information can be hard set by people with permissions, consider them "moderators", if patently false information is entered, the moderator can toss it out and block it from being put in again by malicous contributors. If you had a fansite of course, you would have complete control over it all, giving contributor permissions or not, excluding any you wished, altering it as you felt etc. But then thats a bunch of work as well, most often thankless work :)

Edited by Mattsacre

First I agree with everthing you said, specially the website being a lot of work. 

I was hopeing that the list would collect enough info so that someone would think it was a decent start for a more permentant site.  It's hard to get anyone to spend the time and effort to create a DB of wiki when there is no info to put into it.  It would also show that people would contribute info as it was discovered. 

I never considered a simple list as the goal, just a start. 

Nice to see that there is a list out there now, Ive added a few items that I know of although the spelling may be a letter or two off but you get the point.

I noticed under "tools" there is a "protect sheet" option where you can appoint certain people to be able to add/delete/edit info.  Maybe we should pick a few people to do this, post up there emails and when people want to have something added just shoot it there way? Might prevent people deleting info weather on purpose or by accident. Making a seperate email and linking it to an existing account is easy enough if anyone on here is hesitant to give out the email they use on a daily basis.

I know more then I listed but I cant think of MOB names and dont wanna jot down wrong info so ill get my notes in order and continue to add.

WhiteTrash, on 29 Jan 2013 - 05:48, said:
Nice to see that there is a list out there now, Ive added a few items that I know of although the spelling may be a letter or two off but you get the point.

I noticed under "tools" there is a "protect sheet" option where you can appoint certain people to be able to add/delete/edit info. Maybe we should pick a few people to do this, post up there emails and when people want to have something added just shoot it there way? Might prevent people deleting info weather on purpose or by accident. Making a seperate email and linking it to an existing account is easy enough if anyone on here is hesitant to give out the email they use on a daily basis.

I know more then I listed but I cant think of MOB names and dont wanna jot down wrong info so ill get my notes in order and continue to add.

This is basically the list I keep for personal use, and not meant as a fan page. I take no responsibility for the contents. I just shared it so others could benefit and contribute. The only promise I'll make is that it will be available for reading by those who have the link as long as google will hosts it. I will lock down editing permissions if the changes gets out of hand though. If I do, I will grant editing permissions to anyone who asks though and only remove people if they misbehave.

Anyone is free to post the link elsewhere if they want to spread the word.

I have a few ideas about a Drop list that could be very useful to the player base.

Maybe hosted on the net7 site but would only be filled in by the player base.  No clues from the Dev team, purely from player input.

If not on Net7, I could put it on my own webserver.

I have a few ideas about a Drop list that could be very useful to the player base.

Maybe hosted on the net7 site but would only be filled in by the player base.  No clues from the Dev team, purely from player input.

If not on Net7, I could put it on my own webserver.

This was what we were saying all along :)

Net-7 to have a user-input database... Already have long list of all mobs in game, navs and sectors, people can select mob name + can select sector + nav...  Submitted by X at this date... voila...

Yes, we don't want dev tips or anything :)

OK, scratch the wiki idea, I went ahead and did it guys, BUT with conditions.

Yes that is right, 61 Cygni now has a drops database on the site itself (I did have an empty area to use up). However, my involvement with the maintenance of it will be minimal. I have it set up so that anyone can add entries to it, but that only I can delete or edit them. Please be sure you get the entry right before you hit submit.

Now the conditions on this thing, do not contact me in game about something you found wrong on it. Do not leave me a comment saying you found something wrong on it. If there is something on it you know is wrong, fill out en error report.

Other than that, fill it up, and enjoy guys.

Edited by Bloody Riz

OK, scratch the wiki idea, I went ahead and did it guys, BUT with conditions.

Yes that is right, 61 Cygni now has a drops database on the site itself (I did have an empty area to use up). However, my involvement with the maintenance of it will be minimal. I have it set up so that anyone can add entries to it, but that only I can delete or edit them. Please be sure you get the entry right before you hit submit.

Now the conditions on this thing, do not contact me in game about something you found wrong on it. Do not leave me a comment saying you found something wrong on it. If there is something on it you know is wrong, fill out en error report.

Other than that, fill it up, and enjoy guys.

Great. I could also transfer data from my list to your database if you like.

If you have any plans on improving you, I'd like to suggest splitting mobs and drop items into different tables so the same item can be registered as dropping from several mobs (to help reduce the number of duplicates).

I'll be keeping my list for personal use until your database can provide all the information i want however. I'm still missing location in sector (nav) and last drop date. I'll keep it open though if anyone wants else wants to use that instead. I have tried to protect the range already containing drops, so it may not be possible for anyone but me to change drops already entered. It should be possible to add new entries and change the columns number of drops and last drop date. Let me know if you run into any trouble.

We won't be deleting links to other sites unless they are spam, dangerous, violate our rules or so on.  This entire sub forum is specifically for players to share with players.  True, it relies on people seeing the topic and going to the site, or at least hearing about it here (or in game) first, but isn't that the point of the forums?  We want a community - one place to go and talk, not fragmented sites for various things that you can only hear about in-game.  Think of this as your home base. :)

Also I edited the title to be more accurate.

• 1 month later...

I have two requests from people using the list:

- Please don't change the formating. If you want another format, please request it here and I'll make the changes if there is a good enough motivation.

- Please restore the filters to "all" when you're done searching for items so the entire list is shown.