Wiki editors needed, and a larger community question/discussion

Abstract/TL;dr: I need editors for a community wiki that will host any information the community wants in it (so long as it is E&B related). quest walkthroughs/comps lists/rewards, mob farming locations (good leveling/loot gathering spots), mining spots, item drop lists, build lists, guides for common problems or new players, etc.

Hi. So, I hate secrets. ebiia.com was probably my most used site back in the day. I don't subscribe to the logic that "If I don't tell anyone this spot will be mine!" because it never works that way. So I write stuff down. Want to know where the Silver DragonPlate drops? I found one last night, it's in the wiki. Want to know where to find CE3K Eruption? I found that too. Want tips on how to maximize trade XP gain so you never have to do a trade run? I got that too.

What I am looking for at the moment are people who want to help me with this. The link to the wiki is not yet ready for public consumption (single-sign-on with the rest of the net-7 portal is being a pain). But an initial wave of people who can help me roll back edits if/when the trolls come, ban people, etc, need to be gathered and trusted. I will have to make accounts for you by hand, and give you the link in a PM.

I have asked and been told by the dev team that, so long as it is legal and relates to E&B, nothing will be banned from the wiki. Want to write a detailed walkthrough on how to do Agrippa from start to finish? Go for it. Want to jot down every line of text in every mission, go for it. Want to make sure every list of components is in level and alphabetical order? You can do that too. Do not test the limits of what can be put in the wiki though. Guides on how to modify the client, because the wiki is hosted on net-7's servers, cannot be tolerated, for example. If in doubt, ask me.

---For the rest of the community---

I started this wiki, in essence, for those of you who want to know where to find something or how to do a quest. Should this wiki be public or private? How should trolls and vandals be handled?

My personal thought was that single sign-on with the net-7 portal, and a private wiki, would give an effective means of banning vandals because once banned from the wiki, you cannot read any information within it. The concept being that if you won't at least leave it alone (if not make it better) you will not be allowed to benefit from the hard work of others. How does the community feel about my line of logic, too harsh? too gentle? Pointless because they can just make another account and read on that?

How open should we make editing? I have edited wikipedia.com before for the simple fact that I didn't have to register. I saw some spelling that was wrong or grammar that didn't make sense, clicked edit, changed things, and saved it. Easy-peasy. Logins are barriers for the lazy, I know this. At the same time, our community is small, and it's a lot easier for a few people to tear a wiki down than it is for a few other people to keep it maintained. Where should we draw the line between public and private (public reading, authorized writing?)? I basically never want you to have a reason not to jot down "Hi, I found this item on this mob at these coordinates.". That's the theory.

Go forth, ask questions, etc. Know that I have the 'web developer' tag on my forum title because of this wiki. Beyond that, I don't have any special rights whatsoever on any other part of net-7. All the drops I jotted down are because I found them (or found people on the forums saying 'x drops here' (in which case I added them as unconfirmed drops).

My personal thought was that single sign-on with the net-7 portal, and a private wiki, would give an effective means of banning vandals because once banned from the wiki, you cannot read any information within it. The concept being that if you won't at least leave it alone (if not make it better) you will not be allowed to benefit from the hard work of others. How does the community feel about my line of logic, too harsh? too gentle? Pointless because they can just make another account and read on that?

You can use the portal cookie and write a login wrapper for the Wiki.

I did the same when we ported the forums over the portal (idea was given up later tho due to other reasons).

If a vandal is opening another account, you will be aware of it fast - or he starts to behave (so you have no reason banning him again).

Aren't there WYSIWYG editors for Wiki btw?

At least via Wiki, there can be some discussion area as well about certain mission tips etc. Can move FAQ about Hulls etc. to there as well.. 

There may be WYSIWYG editors but I have never used one. There is a preview button on the edit page so you can see what your edits will look like before committing. As far as the single sign-on goes, I don't have the rights to work on it (nor the technical skill to do so) so...yea. There's another Web Dev working on it. I'll not publicly name them to avoid a callout thread. :p