Net-7 Launching Error

I Have copied this from our Bug Tracker - Please see if you can help Drjeff with this issue. I have asked for further information to be posted here.

I regularly get a problem with the Net-7 game launcher. It happens in all kinds of circumstances. If the game crashes to desktop, sometimes it just wont link to game at all right from the start. here what happens. I click the "Play" button and it sits and thinks for awhile. This is a bad sign, usually if its going to boot up properly is immediately goes to opening screens. After it thinks for a bit it pops this error window:

Net-7 Launcher
ERROR launching client
Details: Failed to save settings: unable to save config to file: c:/users/drjeff/appdata/local/launchnet7.exe_url.....etc.

Once it pops this window I cant do anything else. The main launch window is now frozen and cant be closed. If I try to close it with the "X" in the upper right corner it pops another error window:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. Failed to save settings. Unable to save to config file....etc

my only option at this point is a ctr/alt/del and force close the launcher which is listed as "not responding". If I try to launch the game again, it goes through the same error windows. the only option to get into the game at this point is a reboot of my computer, then it usually work, but not always. Actually, I'm never really sure if it is going to boot up when I try.

I went into the Net-7 desk icon and made sure that I had it running as administrator, but this doesnt make any difference.

• 1 year later...

I just upgraded to Win 8 on my pc and now net-7 launcher instantly comes up with windows error report that it crashed and its instant. I've reinstalled every thing, compatibility modes out the ying tried, admin privs given to all .exe/apps installer and program after install. I even turned UAC off completely still nothing.

So what do you do when you click the play button and get the message, "Server Failed to Validate Login"?  And this is even after the launch screen telling you that the server is online.

I also seem to have a need for an updated Net7 Proxy - something like 2.04?  Which is found where?

Here's a new one.... when I clicked on the net 7 icon I got an update box... nothing unusual.... clicked update and the usual box asking if I wanted to view it came up, I said yes... then closed it .... only now the actual portal screen where the play button and other tools are is stuck in my task bar in the lower screen... left clicking on it does nothing.... right clicking on it brings up 3 options: Launch Net 7 (which opens up another "unseen" window in the task bar) .... "pin this program to taskbar"..... and "close window". It has worked flawlessly in Windows 7 up until now, I have not done anything major to the computer since I got it working a year ago...I did install one new game that uses a joystick (usb) and a mic (teamspeak) would that effect the launcher? any suggestions would be helpful... thank you.

....aeneA

If that doesn't work go to the Launcher startup link on your desktop, right click it and open the folder it points to. Then delete your shortcut, and make a new one with the Send to Desktop option. 

That usually fixed it the couple of times I saw it. No clue what causes it I'm afraid.

If that doesn't work go to the Launcher startup link on your desktop, right click it and open the folder it points to. Then delete your shortcut, and make a new one with the Send to Desktop option. 

That usually fixed it the couple of times I saw it. No clue what causes it I'm afraid.

Found it in the "bin" file located in the Net7 program, deleted the one on the desktop, sent a new one to replace it, still does not appear on the desktop yet the Areo Peek desktop preview shows the E&B launcher window as if it was showing yet left clicking on it does nothing right click has same three options I mentioned before. Probably some stupid windows 7 upgrade that caused this to happen....Do I need to reinstall the game maybe ?

........ or ..... Var forbid...... restart my computer...... *cringes*

When i said to restart your computer i wasnt pokeing fun at you, several people have gotten past this issue by simply doing just that.

you would be surprized at how many people dont restart them for weeks at a time.

Also in the net-7 folder,Deleting client-filelist and client-version  both text documents will force the launcher to update.

You can try right clicking on the Aero preview and choosing maximize.

If it is what I think it is, its something Aero is doing with maximization and minimization. My previous suggestion has corrected every time I had it happen, so outside of that and possibly tracing it with SysInternals Process explorer to see what's actually happening, I'd have no idea.