Invation of the Epic Mobs.

Has anyone actually stopped to think this could have been a bug?

Its possible ya know... not everything is done on purpose, the reason i keep sayin its a stress test, is that Devs are constanlty making improvements to the game..

Somethings work first time, others just dont, something work kinda, and end up having a knock on effect.

If you dont understand that these issues can happen with the EMULATOR, then please wait until the game is atleast in Beta before trying to play.

:)

Maybe the test the DEVS talked about was to see how much damage items would take, so they can make the necessary adjustments.

I'm not sure this would be the best way to do that. Make items free from a vendor, turn off xp debt, make everyone 150, etc. This was more... random.

If it was deigned to test gear damage, definitely needs to be tweaked to avoid people raiding in vendor gear, and saving "special" gear for when they can't get hurt. Sort of like owning a nice car and never taking it out of the garage. Someone who spends weeks trying to get an item won't want to see it get blown to hell in one night of tough raiding, assuming tough raiding actually gets implemented with supporting AI. The only apaprent challenge from this stuff is that you are dead before you can even leave or enter the stations. One Controller from live probably could have trainwrecked everyone, whereas these mobs are distant cousins of their live counterparts.

This is a game that most of you don't pay for in an Alpha setting, if you don't like it then the door is over there. Things need to be tested and these things were not in every sector. If I could say one thing about it though, it should have been done away from the stations. There is plenty of dead space that could have been used so then we wouldn't have to hear the whiners.

Telling people to leave is not helping anything or anyone. I can’t help but think how are you (Devs) going to test anything with only a handful of players. And to what end. A game that only a few find enjoyable?

Seriously there is no reason to smash the living daylights out of the low level characters. These 66 mobs could be put in the higher-level player areas and be still run the test. Not cool.

Its possible ya know... not everything is done on purpose, the reason i keep sayin its a stress test, is that Devs are constanlty making improvements to the game..

Somethings work first time, others just dont, something work kinda, and end up having a knock on effect.

If you dont understand that these issues can happen with the EMULATOR, then please wait until the game is atleast in Beta before trying to play.

So it WAS a bug? If so rollback say OOPSY, and move forward. What a mess.

I logged out after jumping out of the newbie Jenquai zone into Swooping Eagle to get nailed by some lv. 63 manes... no sense in trying to level combat when you get killed from halfway across the sector as soon as you zone in. :)

But... is there any word on whether there is to be a wipe, or a rollback? I reckon that any levels we make during the stress test are but a vapour, but would be nice to know ahead of time that things are going to go *poof* at a certain date & time.

Or for that matter, are these god mobs still spawn-camping stations and gates?

yup, was the first thing that crossed my mind actualy.

but then later during the course of the evening, a few things were said by a dev (p something or other) in chat that made it all quite clear that it was no bug, it was all being spawned deliberately

Hey, when did i say it was a bug??

Just posting my observations from the convo, i've not been in game to see this yet.

I have not been in game either. Heck, my account is user access, so I can't be causing trouble like that one time with Tienbau. :)

- Marco

If I could say one thing about it though, it should have been done away from the stations. There is plenty of dead space that could have been used so then we wouldn't have to hear the whiners.

This is my point ....

And Actualy I was paying , and telling people there is the door isnt going to make peole want to or to help test either. Let's not be too hostile ....

Loads of fun last night. Thanks Devs/GMs! I'm not quite high enough to do any damage (CL32), but I still got to fly around and shoot at things i shouldn't have. It was very entertaining though, I even saw mobs I have never seen before. Surprisingly enough, the servers didn't seem to lag anymore than normal with all of the mobs about. Very good test IMO.

Thanks Explorers for all the JS :D

Players - stop whining. We need to be supportive and Donate to the cause. If you are going to complain, provide a possible resolution. The Devs and GMs are all doing this out of their Free Time. You are not paying for their time, bandwidth, forums, software, or really anything else. So keep that in mind before you post. Lastly, It is still Just a Game.

Loads of fun last night. Thanks Devs/GMs! I'm not quite high enough to do any damage (CL32), but I still got to fly around and shoot at things i shouldn't have. It was very entertaining though, I even saw mobs I have never seen before. Surprisingly enough, the servers didn't seem to lag anymore than normal with all of the mobs about. Very good test IMO.

Thanks Explorers for all the JS :D

Players - stop whining. We need to be supportive and Donate to the cause. If you are going to complain, provide a possible resolution. The Devs and GMs are all doing this out of their Free Time. You are not paying for their time, bandwidth, forums, software, or really anything else. So keep that in mind before you post. Lastly, It is still Just a Game.

Happy you enjoyed it. I think the points are:

1. It was not a "Bug"

2. It was not announced (nothing is)

3. It was plopped in all the new player areas.

4. Kids (yep they do try to play) were getting killed trying to do their missions

5. Whining? no one is whining.. and the Dev free time crap is getting real real real old

Not guilty! :D

[Theres not often that I can honestly say that!]

However, any major changes are likely to be announced by a Net-7 news reporter on behalf of a developer. If you missed a news broadcast, then, take care!

LOL I read everything I can, this forun and http://www.marco-enb.blogspot.com/ I must have missed the event anouncement.

And that was likely one of the point of the test, specifically gate-camping or station-camping the boss monsters, particularly in high traffic zones --- to get as close to raid conditions (piles of mobs, and even bigger piles of players) in multiple sectors at one time.

The other way that it could be done was to state that the Controller, the RD Base, the Tada-O gate and whatever other big raid locations were all going to pop at once: and with everyone spread out to whatever, nd no guarantee of mass interest in such events... the next best thing was o bring the raid bosses to the main stations and gates.

and voila - huge massacre of players in one zone.

As in.. a stress test.

*grin* That's what I think, fwiw.

I'm just waiting for the next wipe too stress test 4 or whatever before I begin playing again...also been playing alot of eve online with the new expansion.

I think the devs/gm's have there own sector, they could've just spawned the cl66's in there for testing instead of the entire server.