Server Bugs: Amusing Things To Do

Since we are having some server bugs and unusual stacking skills I thought I would explore the top speed in the server.

Everyone knows combat/impulse/thrust speeds are limited to 1000 units per minute.

Traditional terran scout top speed is 9045 which is a ursa 9/rr+ 9/Unicorn/RR (any level)/lvl 7 navigate/lvl 7 nav comp II/ludicrous speed level 5 afterburner( yes we are going plaid)

Modified 9958 top speed is a trifid 9/nav comp II lvl 7/lvl 6 rr+/afterburner and 3 kraken/unicorn/unicorn II/RR buffs ( any 3)

Just for fun I got my pw to 9399 which was a unabating a rr+ 8 and 6 unicorn/kraken/rr buffs you could get it closer to 10k if you tinkered with rr+'s and engines.

How close can you get to 10k..

The servers top speed is 12745 but if you exceed 10,000 by even 1 number the server sets your warp to 3500 so be carefull and no, gating or docking wont change the speed but changing hardware does. If you use to many unicorn buffs relog in.

Have fun.

while the 10k+ warp isn't sustainable, I have managed it a few times without reverting to the 3500.

As for 1k thrust speed cap, that's only for proper usage, which this isn't about, improper highest thrust speed = warp speed, over 10k thrust, and no the server and/or client does not like it, rubberbands continuously.

As for the bug, every activated buff is lasting indefinitely (until logout), and every single activated buff is stacking as long as they come from different items. Some Equipped buffs are also lasting after being uninstalled, but not all.
[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-164-sticky-buffs/"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/tracker/issue-164-sticky-buffs/[/url]

The bug with the buffs stacking and remaining is relatively new.

The thrust bug is ST3-OLD, and here is what what I have so far on it:

When Warp, for whatever reason, ends.
Stage 1 :
Immediately attempt to reactivate warp.
IF: Warp cooldown has begun OR suffering from Gravtity Well Warp Failure, Stage 2.
IF: Niether, stage 3.

Stage 2 :
Warp is unavailable, call to warp ignored, ship remains stationary.

Stage 3 :
IF: Warp target is too close for warp OR Warp button was previously pushed within 1 second of this activation, Stage 4.
IF: Neither, stage 5.

Stage 4:
Call to warp ignored, ship continues to drift(engine off, skills that check for "moving" do not think you are moving) at the following speeds:
IF: previous thrust action was forward: begin drift at maximum forward thust speed while coming to a stop.
IF: previous thrust action was stop or warp: ship attempts to drift at warp speed, then is immediatley pulled back to a halt(distance is lost).
IF: previous thrust action was reverse: continuous drift at maximum warp speed.

Stage 5: Immediately begin Warp Charge for new destination, bypassing Warp Cooldown of the warp that was just exited.

The problem occurs first because there should not be any window of opportunity between warp ending and warp cooldown beginning, but there is.
Second, because of the "Anti-Spam" restriction on the warp button, it shouldnt exist anyway, and since the restriction was introduced it has made every version of this bug easy reproducible. Please remove it.

It is more than just stacking turbo warp (activated) -- all buffed effects (equipped and activated) are sticking.

Install and uninstall a 200% Ivory Ward or Tolerance -- +39 deflects remains.
Install and uninstall any weapon, core, device -- buff remains.

Dock and undock -- activated buffs remain in effect (which might not be a bad thing to keep).

It's pretty fun at the moment selecting into cargo from vault all the items I want to equip for their effects, undocking, going on a massive series of sequentially optimized buffs to get everything set up, re-docking to vault all items again and then undocking (with buffs still in effect) and going on a combat splurge. And the effects never wear off until a [censored] CTD or a log out.

Two bugs going on here and they started round about the last server restart:

Activateds are stacking (turbo weapons should stack but almost everything else should not stack).
Equippeds are remaining in effect even after uninstalling item.

It is mind-boggling fun at the moment so don't rush to fix the problems, lol. Edited by Lot

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1332473026' post='55863']
ah so this isn't something new, you just mean the usual unimplemented stuff yeah?
[/quote]

Every buff from every item is stacking as long as the[b] item is different.[/b]
[i][size=3]Seems like item is the key, not buff (id).[/size][/i]

Buffs are also surviving docking and duration timers - once applied they stick for the whole session (till logout).

Is the buffs sticking a bad thing? If anything I like not having to take 10 minutes to rebuff my crazy amount of items, plus it frees up my cargo a little bit more.

I'll hate myself for bringing it up, but debuffs stack on mobs as well. Hellbore + Rada + Bullywere Eye= Holy smokes thats a lot of debuff damage. And that's not including a what a Jenpie would bring to the table.

I've never experienced lag from stacking buffs unless it was scan buffs, which as a Terran/Progen doesn't really apply to most of my chars anyway. I often times run 2-3 chars at once. Only time I've noticed any considerable lag is if I'm getting swarmed by Ten-gu mobs, in which case I warp away and come back out of scan range.

I had a stacking buff on my mule JE recently. He had a Unicorn reactor installed, and was buffed for Turbo Warp (activated). He went to my JT & had her upgrade his reactor, to the Charging Unicorn. My JE then undocked and used the Charging Unicorn's activated Turbo Warp buff, it stacked with the buff from the Unicorn. Both buffs lasted until I had a Gate to Megan.

Pretty much if you have a line of Roadrunner TT devices levels 2-8, you can buff them and they will all stack with one another, in addition to if you were to use a reactor buff, scan boost, etc. Hoping fixing this wont remove the "sticky" buffs, or turbo weapons stacking :x.

The debuffs are also sticking my JD was debuffed and it just stayed debuffed,had to relog and rebuff again :) it was a pain but seeing that the buffs are sticking i didnt mind lol :)

[quote name='semperfio6' timestamp='1333063708' post='56089']
Pretty much if you have a line of Roadrunner TT devices levels 2-8, you can buff them and they will all stack with one another, in addition to if you were to use a reactor buff, scan boost, etc. Hoping fixing this wont remove the "sticky" buffs, or turbo weapons stacking :x.
[/quote]

thanks for the example - I'll do some debugging tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1333103910' post='56148']
thanks for the example - I'll do some debugging tomorrow morning.
[/quote]

Could you wait until I got my new TS to L135?

Jobs and trade runs are much smoother with 6.5k warp at L40.

I am just kidding.