Experience Sharing Distance

Toaster

Currently experience is shared in a group to all members within 40Km. I was in a group hunting Voltoi the other day and we had a couple miners along. They would mine while the rest of us farmed mobs. We kept hitting the 40km limit and the experience wasn't being split.

I know that 40km was the limit in Live but would it be possible to extend this distance to 50 or 60km? This would make it easier for combined groups like the one I was in to split experience. The explorers could mine and get the combat experience they need while the combat classes were hunting and getting the explore experience they need.

Thoughts?

C DEL !!!!!

Where this one-cell lifeform come from...i get the IP Ranges quick, just tell me.... :lol:

[size=3][i]Edit:[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]The spam posting has been removed, just to clarify what this (now) contextless posting means...[/i][/size] Edited by Zackman

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1327870419' post='52679']
Where this one-cell lifeform come from...i get the IP Ranges quick, just tell me.... :lol:
[/quote]you cant stop spam using ip filter. thats stupid. they almost never use own computer for it.

There is stopforumspam.com for that.

[quote name='karu' timestamp='1327871439' post='52681']
you cant stop spam using ip filter. thats stupid. they almost never use own computer for it.

There is stopforumspam.com for that.
[/quote]

Obviously not, seeing the spam here.

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1327896052' post='52693']
Anyway, we were talking about XP share distance ... anyone got any thoughts on why we should/shouldn't extend it out a bit?
[/quote]

You can answer it from a technical side, regarding packets.
How many more packets are sent with extended scanning, is it a big diff.?

From a players side:
I wouldnt expand it cuz its ONLY for powerleveling afk toons at the gate - and this is not the reason for "playing".
If the toon needs to be close, you need to watch it, heal sometimes, take care of it and move it with the group - its also not "real playing" but the toon is more "active", more a part of gameplay.

People are going to afk level their toons no matter what the distance is set to. You could drop the distance to 10km and people would still afk level toons.

I'm not talking about afk leveling toons here anyway. I'm referring to mixed groups of miners and fighters sharing xp while being able to do what they are made to do. In live there were always combined groups of people fighting and mining and helping each other level. This does not happen here mostly because of the enormous lack of ore fields in the game. Extending the distance of shared experience could help alleviate the problem of group leveling in the spread out ore fields, at least until we can get more ore in the game.

I'm not just referring to Antares either. It's every sector. I was in Niffelheim with some friends. There are some Nagifar near one of the high level ore fields but the ore and mobs are so spread out it's pointless to try and help each other because you are always out of range for the shared xp.

This is one reason I maxxed out my JE and TS by doing straight mining. Getting 30+ combat levels from overflow explore xp isn't for everyone, and extending the shared range I believe would help more than it would hurt when it comes to running these types of farming parties.