Just who do we point fingers at..

This stuff is just pissing me off yesterday (monday) we ran 3 bloody fishbowl raids with narry a crash and now this crap the very next gdamned day.

I wished someone would find who or where the problem is with the login server and fix it.

I want to point fingers and yell and rant at people but this is what pisses people off and drives them away.

New servers new os and game install running as flawlessly as this game normally does and instant inv-300 errors and illegal opcodes checking local certs.

I get to log in once then out and can't relog back in on that account period..

Seriously guys who dreams this crap up.

I want to yell and rant and rave and be an asshole but I can't, but can't you guys fix the bloody login server.

We have been dealing with this for a long assed time is it unstable is the code that bad I mean.. Look at my log and explain to me a reboot - resetting/flushing my dns etc and getting these kinds of errors.. It's not a lot of fun when you can't even login..

I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an arsehole but I've been here since march 2009 on the old emulator and I've seen a lot of improvement on everything but this stupid login crap.

Not only is it illegal opcoding when I had 2 accounts logged in after several reboots because of bsod's loading the game during updates (reinstalled net-7 bsod'd 4 separate times running updates) now when I had blondie and evil logged in at the same time blondie was talking thru evil and wouldn't respond to anything...All want to do is play this game not battle crap like this.. now I have to reinstall net-7 and bsod several times to fix this again.. Is anyone else dealing with this crap or am I unique.. this is f'cking baffling.

I'm having difficulties on one of my computers, but not the same problem you're having. My Win 7 PC is running the game in a way that could best be described as trying to run a game that requires more memory, a better graphics card, or more processor speed than your computer has. This has only been going on recently, the last couple of weeks ago. It's like lag squared.

Edit: Uninstalled, and reinstalled everything, issues fixed. Edited by Terrell

Magoo,

The problem with account collisions (Blondie talking through trader) is a side effect of using the local certificate - that and the related opt codes are why it is recommended to only one toon in local cert mode. Is your local certificate checked? If so, uncheck it and you may see considerable improvement.

Edit: damn you autocorrect Edited by Lannister

I have to use local cert because I am getting instant inv-300 and if I log or gate I can't restart the client till i reinstall net-7 this is with my firewall and av disabled-off, nothing has changed except ms updates since yesterday.. I'm going to reinstall the game again for the 6th gdamned time and try this again without a firewall or anti-virus. It's driving me crazy that the proxy/launcher can be doing this.

Pointing fingers does absolutely nothing except perhaps make you feel better, but if you want it fix then identify ways to make the "Illegal Opcode" appear in a high quantity. A note though, most of them are different opcodes unless Tienbau has fixed them all already, in fact I think this is what he was workin' on when I last spoke to him.

If you want to yell and scream though, that's on you, there's nothing we can do to help you and it sure won't help with the problems you're experiencing. The reason this problem (or rather [b]these problems[/b]) have been around so long is there's no reliable way to reproduce them that we have found, and for us to fix, we have to be able to determine the cause which means reproducability is a must.

Do we - as players/testers - actually have a chance to give reproducable informations?

If for example the client gets thrown off the server every minute or two while fighting crystals in VG (the Net7Proxy.exe window closes half a second later - no chance to read anything), how can we give you info that will actually help you to close in on the problem?

Are there any logs we can send you, is there a debug mode we could start, that sends informations from the client to the server or writes a local log file we could send?

I think, being restricted to "Oh, I got kicked off again" is part of the frustration that overwhelms some players from time to time.

Greggary

[quote name='Shuzun' timestamp='1302708876' post='39022']
Do we - as players/testers - actually have a chance to give reproducable informations?

If for example the client gets thrown off the server every minute or two while fighting crystals in VG (the Net7Proxy.exe window closes half a second later - no chance to read anything), how can we give you info that will actually help you to close in on the problem?

Are there any logs we can send you, is there a debug mode we could start, that sends informations from the client to the server or writes a local log file we could send?

I think, being restricted to "Oh, I got kicked off again" is part of the frustration that overwhelms some players from time to time.

Greggary
[/quote]
What I find very interesting is I try to log in to the game and find it says it is off line…no big deal right? So I figure the game is down. I check a little bit later (maybe 5 min) and find over 70 people on line and when a “/uptime” is done it shows over 8 hours.

This weekend I couldn’t even get to the website, but when it did become available to me there was no information at all if it had been down or anything.

There were multiple threads on the subject with one having a workable solution in it. The emulation's DNS were having issues.

If you need help reproducing crashes I have figured a way to reproduce CTDs while grouped and fighting mobs. I would be more than happy to coordinate with a dev to supply plenty of test runs. For the rest, let me know the symptoms and I'll see if I can assist in reproducing those.

I think I've figured it out the games certificates broken. I reinstalled the game and my firewall(comodo) and have eset antivirus and I've done all the updates to my computer ( xp home sp3 fresh install within the last week or so) and I'm getting instant inv-300 errors.

I am working under the current assumption the games certificate is broken/corrupt. I can't think of anything else why would it work with the local cert ticked and not unticked after a fresh game install..

What can I do to fix/replace the games certificate since it seems to be broken?

I like to point fingers but I'm willing to accept I'm wrong also and will admit it when the need arises.. At this moment the game is broken and I've done everything I can to fix it. Can you guys update the certificate or replace the 1.81 net-7 installer with a new one that has been fixed.

I have installed the game from the enb-demo off the net-7 website downloaded and used the blasti99 patch and ran the net-7 and installed it several times and I'm getting certificate errors.

How about making your current certificate available and explain how to replace ours when yours breaks..

I dunno how else to be proactive and this is certainly not the first time this has happened.

How about a error logging service in the proxy since it seems to be the entire problem your log is about as helpful as week old sardines in the cats dish.. How do you diagnose the problems without having a way to log all the errors are you scared to know? Who is riding roughshod on tienbau with all the updates and clients and stuff and the unexplained errors and problems.. I know he pretty much does his own thing but sometimes this game runs great and somedays and then you can't login.. Riddle me that?

I'm here to help you guys fix problems not cause hate and discontent but I do expect it to work without crutches.. New server why does it run great 1 day log a computer out and log back in the next day and spending the next 2 days to fix a stupid problem... I can't even figure out what why where or who or how..

To be perfectly honest I've beaten my head on the wall dealing with this disorganized group of individuals for a long time I've seen gm's and dev's come and go like it's a revolving door. Why don't you guys have 1 person oversee the project and have the guts to make assignments and make you guys fix the current problems not your pet problems. Why do your customers the current and past and future playerbase have to deal with this crap.. Do any of you understand logic in it's many forms or is this a free for all? Or does anarchy and chaos rule this joint?

I'm sure kyp and he rest wont answer my questions now because the big white elephant is standing in the middle of the room. I suppose I could just uninstall everything reformat my computer again and spend 3 days fixing it again to solve your problems..

Magoo try this, this is my own Net7 files, its only like 1 patch off or so old but should be good.
I personally dont have your problems and this has helped someone else out with the same problems you got, try running the Net7 without local cert with this.
Its from my own personal drive:
[quote name='Maniac' timestamp='1302208271' post='38524']
This might not work however I have used this method to help a fellow guild member before:
Delete your Net7 Folder
Download this File: [url="https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B2L-IKw8x1jRZDgyNzdiNjEtY2NjNi00MTdkLThhYTMtNzhlZTU3ODBhZmY1&hl=en"]Net7 Folder[/url]
Extract to C:\
Make a desktop Link of C:\NET7\bin\LaunchNet7.exe
Open LaunchNet7

You will need a 7Z extractor to extract these files.
I hope this helps, its the most extreme fix I can think of and might not work.
[/quote]

Hope it works for you, its more up to date than what they have in their download section.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/forum-56/announcement-13-read-first-technical-support-faq-and-common-fixes/

I am getting the INV-300 (EA.com is temporarily unavailable) error
This error is related to the SSL encryption used to secure your connection to the server. Follow these steps to resolve the problem:

Download this file to "C:\Net7\bin".
Go to "C:\Net7\bin" and open the file "local.net-7.org.cer".
Click the "Install Certificate" button on the dialog box that comes up.
On the "Certificate Import Wizard", click "Next".
Select "Place all certificates in the following store:".
Click "Browse..."
Select "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and click "OK".
Click "Next" and click "Finish". If a dialog box pops up saying "The import was successful.", you're good to go. If you still receive the INV-300 error after this procedure, please post in the tech support forum.

I think i know where to go now.. Seru I'll try that next.

Magoo try this, this is my own Net7 files, its only like 1 patch off or so old but should be good.
I personally dont have your problems and this has helped someone else out with the same problems you got, try running the Net7 without local cert with this.
Its from my own personal drive.

I downloaded this and I'll post to the tech forums also..

[quote name='Shuzun' timestamp='1302708876' post='39022']

Greggary
[/quote]

There's a log stored in the Net7 folders. I'll have to find it right off but its there.
[attachment=868:Capture.JPG]

These are dated obviously and capture any and all lines printed to the Net7 Proxy window during gameplay.

[quote name='Tradermagoo' timestamp='1302722297' post='39040']
I think I've figured it out the games certificates broken. I reinstalled the game and my firewall(comodo) and have eset antivirus and I've done all the updates to my computer ( xp home sp3 fresh install within the last week or so) and I'm getting instant inv-300 errors.

I am working under the current assumption the games certificate is broken/corrupt. I can't think of anything else why would it work with the local cert ticked and not unticked after a fresh game install..

What can I do to fix/replace the games certificate since it seems to be broken?
[/quote]

Alright.. let me repeat this for emphasis (because I know Tienbau has said it on here at least a hundred times). [b]STOP[/b] using local cert, it was a [b]bloody, brutal[/b] hack used to get Staff into the game around Stress Test 1, it requires your hosts file to be edited for teh local.net-7.org address to function properly plus the outdated self-signed cert we had which resides in our install's BIN directory. Our SSL certificate is good for net-7.org ONLY, which means you must authenticate through normal means for it to be "the certificate's fault". Now, I know the certificate is valid (absolutely so) because if it were not, you wouldn't be able to securely transmit your data through Net-7proxy to the server for login, yet you all do, or at least those of you not trying to use local cert do. ;)

Just to humor the question though, there's an option to install it on the Help Menu for the launcher in the upper right corner. Assuming you're an elevated enough user to install a certificate (read: Administrator) then this won't be a problem and it should present you with a dialog about loading the cert.

[quote]
I like to point fingers but I'm willing to accept I'm wrong also and will admit it when the need arises.. At this moment the game is broken and I've done everything I can to fix it. Can you guys update the certificate or replace the 1.81 net-7 installer with a new one that has been fixed.
[/quote]

There will be a new launcher available soon. Though for the rest of this bit, there's no point in pointing, assigning blame doesn't fix problems, never has and never will. We are at fault in that we're the developers and its not working but that could always be said to be the case. Yelling about how you can't connect is doing nothing but alleviating yourself because frankly, I'd be honestly surprised if you could find a member of the staff that cared. Generally most of them read a post like this and just move on simply because of your tone.

[quote]
I have installed the game from the enb-demo off the net-7 website downloaded and used the blasti99 patch and ran the net-7 and installed it several times and I'm getting certificate errors.

How about making your current certificate available and explain how to replace ours when yours breaks..

I dunno how else to be proactive and this is certainly not the first time this has happened.

How about a error logging service in the proxy since it seems to be the entire problem your log is about as helpful as week old sardines in the cats dish.. How do you diagnose the problems without having a way to log all the errors are you scared to know? Who is riding roughshod on tienbau with all the updates and clients and stuff and the unexplained errors and problems.. I know he pretty much does his own thing but sometimes this game runs great and somedays and then you can't login.. Riddle me that?

I'm here to help you guys fix problems not cause hate and discontent but I do expect it to work without crutches.. New server why does it run great 1 day log a computer out and log back in the next day and spending the next 2 days to fix a stupid problem... I can't even figure out what why where or who or how..

To be perfectly honest I've beaten my head on the wall dealing with this disorganized group of individuals for a long time I've seen gm's and dev's come and go like it's a revolving door. Why don't you guys have 1 person oversee the project and have the guts to make assignments and make you guys fix the current problems not your pet problems. Why do your customers the current and past and future playerbase have to deal with this crap.. Do any of you understand logic in it's many forms or is this a free for all? Or does anarchy and chaos rule this joint?

I'm sure kyp and he rest wont answer my questions now because the big white elephant is standing in the middle of the room. I suppose I could just uninstall everything reformat my computer again and spend 3 days fixing it again to solve your problems..
[/quote]

Because you're using local cert. We do, and already did above. Logs would be a good start, see my previous post. Already exists. That's pretty helpful to a cat, they don't care if sardines are a week old, as long as they aren't rotten already. We have the errors if you provide them, but instead you provide a post like this which serves nothing except content with which can fill a hot air balloon. Nobody because Tienbau is a volunteer, and until his salary is paid in full, nobody gets to ride roughshod or any such nonsense. I am not the Riddler man, shit happens, part of life. I'm afraid all you can do is provide logs and hope for the best, that's why its called "development". You have too high an expectation for a game that's still in development if you expect to be able to play all the time.

Rest assured, you don't cause hate or discontent, at best this thread would spur some mild laughter from most of the developers if someone else even thought it to deserve attention. Like I said, most of us switch off when we see that kind of hate-speech spewed because it serves neither us nor you. We want it to work too, after all. The GMs and Devs you see come and go like a revolving door are because they have a misconception about staff, that it just means a pretty title but it doesn't. They come in, find out they have to work and generally disappear. We have a whole 9 people (The Board) oversee this project, and one chairman (David) who is the official project lead. I keep a project document and track things to try and spur fast development but hell I can't motivate people to give up their free time without money, try it sometime. They work when they feel like working or as their time allows, to expect more without paying their salary is unrealistic. Volunteers can't be told "You have to do X." or they go away and stop being volunteers. they deal with it because the game is [b]IN DEVELOPMENT. [/b]That's bolded to make sure it sinks in, or at least hoping it does. Your expectation is set too high for this game at this point in time. If you lower that expectation you'll be alright. If we didn't understand logic we wouldn't be programmers, but what has logic to do with the situation? I see no logic puzzle here.

Why wouldn't I answer your questions? I fear no question, nor does any of our staff. RE: the Elephant

I can't see him does he look like this:
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TsLCLDRh1kY/TUJXGgGklhI/AAAAAAAABAg/l2KB9a_zl2c/s400/white_elephant_2.jpg[/img]

I suppose you could, but I think less posting and more logs would do your effort a lot more justice. Up to you on your course of action though, not for us to decide.

*edit*

oh and as I just saw your error prompt there, I want to let you know that just because that says the certificate is "not valid or not installed' is not because the certificate is invalid. We have a fully valid cert from GoDaddy for Net-7.org used for SSL, what that launcher check is doing is simply looking for a certificate in your local certificate store with a valid date and is finding neither so you're getting a generic prompt to tell you something is wrong and its one or the other.
  • Upvote 2

if you can't get in without local cert, I posted the files you need to replace in order to get in a few days ago.

I can't remember the forum, but I'm pretty sure it was one of the 'INV-300' ones in tech support. I've re-attached the files below:

I'm using the same certificate as you are, the one from the auto-patch and both local-cert and normal login work for me, but I use a high quality licensed anti-virus and firewall which I can configure how I need it. I know comodo is good but it's possible it's a little overbearing. Other players have reported the anti-virus configuration was stopping the game running.

Once you have those new files unzipped on your PC you should never need to use local cert again.

I'll post the files again here:

[attachment=870:sunrise_patch.zip]

Kyp Tienbau this is what i get after I log out once or crash when i try and log 2 clients in.. Riddle my this nd nice elephant.

At the current moment i can't log 2 of my 4 accounts in unless I completely reinstall net7 then i get the cert problems.. How about that..

Okay Kyp so were both on the same page..

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/4847-i-know-who-to-point-fingers-at-now/

I have installed the game from original cd's and used the patch on the net-7 website and it wont instal correctly I get can't find Main system crashes from windows Redd/Rojomeurte can verify this.

2 I used and I am currently using the enb-demo file plus patch and net-7 proxy. Nothing but inv-300 local cert errors with or without local certs checked.( it wont login at all without local cert checked nd if i log out or change characters or crash i cannot log that account back in PERIOD till i reinstall net-7.

I tried the file from seru logout once broken certs can't login period.

I have tried the inv-300 fix off this fine august forums and the same problem I have to reinstall net-7 every time I log/swap any characters in the game local cert or otherwise.

Asking me if I'm an administrator on a windows xp home machine i just reinstalled the os to less hen a week ago as i have pointed out a couple times is asinine.. have you actually read my posts?

I'm at the point I want to feed kyp to the elephant he posted.. I am here I will let tienbau or kyp remote into my laptop and watch what happens anytime anywhere.. then you can explain to me what I've done wrong.

I also cannot log 2 different accounts in at the same time one speaks on the other then both crash and I have to reinstall net-7 to log back in..

Have I missed anything yet? Edited by Tradermagoo

[quote name='Tradermagoo' timestamp='1302736094' post='39062']

I also cannot log 2 different accounts in at the same time one speaks on the other then both crash and I have to reinstall net-7 to log back in..

Have I missed anything yet?
[/quote]

Local cert is to blame for this im afraid.
[s]Did you try downloading and installing that file that TB posted here?[/s]

Edit: Just saw your above post Edited by Maniac

So far Tienbau's fix is working I have 2 accounts on and no crashing or errors and no local cert. I hope a new launcher and the fix files are in soon..

I'm sorry for growling. I apologize (looks at kyp and offers a hand with a electric razzer in it) sometimes I do not take crap like this very well after reinstalling a game 7-8 times and the program to run it more then 20 times in a week. My patience as famous as it is was wearing thin.

I know I can't be the only person with this kinda problems and I know you guys are volunteers(altho with kyp... who knows maybe psychopath) but I've been playing this game ( my last install dates from dec 09...) for quite a while and I've helped far more people then I've needed help.. and kyp I like pointing fingers it allows me to tickle people.

So thank you again Tienbau this was driving me crazy. I'll tuck the fix files you provided into my enb folder in case this ugly monster rears it nasty head again.

Now about my original cd errors.. anyone know what a main is in this game ?? redd and I can't find a file/folder named main..

[quote name='Tradermagoo' timestamp='1302737835' post='39068']

Now about my original cd errors.. anyone know what a main is in this game ?? redd and I can't find a file/folder named main..
[/quote]

Was this not what "Client.exe" called before EMU team took over?