Login Issues all day

Evening,

Since the start of today i have had multiple login issues,

After character selection the game loads the map and then just freezes.

W/ an alt logged in i can see my character "not login" but i see a "my player has logged out" and then the map screen just sits there and does nothing.

ALso after a successful login the game while zoning, does the same actions. It sits at the map screen and doesnt return.

i have tried all the known fixes, yet for the last week+ it's worked flawlessly.

any insight would help.

Thanks

C Del,

This has been a consistent theme over the weekends when the user count is high. Most everyone is seeing the problems when logging on as well as increased issues when gating / docking.

It was a consistent topic in changes and TS last night and last weekend.

Lannister

I am in game now and was doing some testing with those who had similar issues - and I think there is a common problem with packet loss for a not-insignificant portion of the user base. I get it especially on the weekends, as do many others.

I did some testing with 3 people I found online who had the same problem yesterday and all of them had packet loss. All three of us where in drastically different areas of the world (Me in Texas, one in Ohio, and one in Guam).

I know I have heard packet loss reported in the past. Is there some issue here we are aware of? Likely with the ISP hosting the net-7 servers?

Hmmm. The server should recover from packet loss, or at least throw some nasty messages. I get the feeling something a little more complicated is taken place. I'm about to go take a look at the server to see if anything useful is being reported to the console.

Hi,

I'm new to the forums / EnB emulator and I'm having some technical issues. I've followed the installation guide, but when I try to register on Net-7 it fails every time. This also prevents me from creating a post here as well, so I had to add on to another un-related post.

[quote name='Linz' timestamp='1300089650' post='36509']
Hi,

I'm new to the forums / EnB emulator and I'm having some technical issues. I've followed the installation guide, but when I try to register on Net-7 it fails every time. This also prevents me from creating a post here as well, so I had to add on to another un-related post.
[/quote]
You need to register here first. Then you'll be able to register at Net-7.

For me it doesnt matter inside/outside, just hangs at the galaxy map. Sometimes, if I let it sit for couple minutes it eventually goes past. But mostly just hangs requiring CTL-ALT-DEL end task then several retries. Another oddity I am seeing lately. As I monitor who logs in or out, I see myself randomly show logging out yet I am still online, still playing without issue. Yesterday I watched myself appear in the text box to log out 3 times (not back to back) but for a period I was paying attention lol.

Stuck at map screen after login here too. Tried with and without reorder/optimisation.

[code]Net7Proxy version 2.03
14/03/11 21:17:11 Experimental packet re-ordering in use
Using IP: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)
14/03/11 21:17:11 Attempting to connect to IP address: 87.106.15.67
14/03/11 21:17:11 Sending login.
14/03/11 21:17:12 login OK
14/03/11 21:17:12 UDP packet optimisation selected (reduces server load).
14/03/11 21:17:48 MVAS thread running
14/03/11 21:17:48 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3686 Avatar_id
= 1073797984
14/03/11 21:17:48 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3686
14/03/11 21:17:48 >> Commence Login check.
14/03/11 21:17:48 Sending Login packet - connection active[/code]

Im getting this now as we speak, I get locked at the loading screen after i pick a character and it just hangs.
Here is what I get on both my computers:

14/03/11 20:14:32 MVAS thread running
14/03/11 20:14:32 Received Master login confirm, new UDP port is 3674 Avatar_id = 1073790735
14/03/11 20:14:32 <server> Master Login received - UDP sector port: 3674
14/03/11 20:14:32 >> Commence Login check.
14/03/11 20:14:32 Sending Login packet - connection active
14/03/11 20:23:07 >> Intermediate Login check failed, re-issue sector login.

Seems it has to do with the login server again? Edited by Maniac

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1300144395' post='36569']
One question - when you are unable to log in, is the char that's stuck mostly on stations?
[/quote]

I'm experiencing this right now, and the character is indeed in a station (Earthcorps High Command).

[quote name='Tienbau' timestamp='1300144395' post='36569']
hmm, the problem just 'went away'.

Before it did, I managed to gather enough data to work out what it might be though.

One question - when you are unable to log in, is the char that's stuck mostly on stations?
[/quote]

I always dock before logging off, and am now stuck with all my toons. Don't know if that helps you in anyway TB