Monoceros for TS

Calatin

I'd suggest having the items vendor in the TS starting sector sell the Monoceros device line, which increases reactor recharge. They make prospecting *so* much more effective, I'd consider them essential to any explorer class. And as it stands now TS characters have to fly to Jupiter to get them (or hope for a lucky drop) (at least, that's as close as I've seen).

I know there's a lot of work to do on the new classes and their starting sectors, but that's a simple one that will make life easier for the starting TS.

The Monoceros has usually been a Jenquai-ish device as far as I can remember, however I do not think the first 4 levels for sale from TS area vendors would go amiss. Something I'd also love to see speaking as a TS is devices to improve reactor performance by a %, not just a flat rate. I have a device that is as an active buff giving me +4/sec reactor regen. There are devices in EnB that give things like +30% reactor regen, but the only % based ones so far in the Emu are Jen only. Fornax Borealis!

Terran Scout can use Fornax Australis device (Progen Restricted, Explorers Only), activatable recharge reactor, along with Monoceros. It's doubtful that those devices would be on a Terran base, since they're of Jenquai manufacture. Both are available at Jove's Fury.

Terran Scout can use Fornax Australis device (Progen Restricted, Explorers Only), activatable recharge reactor, along with Monoceros. It's doubtful that those devices would be on a Terran base, since they're of Jenquai manufacture. Both are available at Jove's Fury.

Yeah, but the Fornax Australis is a poor comparison to the Borealis.

Yeah, but the Fornax Australis is a poor comparison to the Borealis.

True, but the Jenquai are the best race when it comes to reactor performance, while Terrans are the worst in that department.

What might be a good idea is a Terran version of the Miner & Sculptor devices, with a more Terran orientated 2nd and 3rd buff. (Would also have 1 debuff at levels 5,6, & 9 like the Miner & Sculptor devices.)

What might be a good idea is a Terran version of the Miner & Sculptor devices, with a more Terran orientated 2nd and 3rd buff. (Would also have 1 debuff at levels 5,6, & 9 like the Miner & Sculptor devices.)

By your measure, because nothing else is possible other than to strict adherence to patterns we may see in other items:

L9 Terran Prospector

Prospect skill [equip]

Increase speed [equip] (because Terrans are fast and too few items have this buff)

Reduce Warp cost [equip] (because terrans are good at engines and again, too few items have this buff)

Cripple Reactor [equip] (because terrans are worst at energy management)

By your measure, because nothing else is possible other than to strict adherence to patterns we may see in other items:

L9 Terran Prospector

Prospect skill [equip]

Increase speed [equip] (because Terrans are fast and too few items have this buff)

Reduce Warp cost [equip] (because terrans are good at engines and again, too few items have this buff)

Cripple Reactor [equip] (because terrans are worst at energy management)

The Sculptor & Miner devices, at L4, L5, and L9 have the debuff of increase ship sig, if they were to be race-specific, maybe they'd have debuffs like Decrease Speed or Increase Mass on the Miner, and Cripple Shields on the Sculptor. No point in putting cripple reactor on the device line, but it does make sense that the best buffs to reactor, be on Jenquai equipment, and be Jenquai Only like the Fornax Borealis device mentioned earlier, or the Blood of the Dragon.

Reduce Warp Cost isn't exactly a bad thing when mining. Combine it with Navigate, and activating your warp engines, increases the amount of energy in your reactor. The JE/PE might decide to use the Terran version, particularily at the levels without the debuff while the Scout might decide to use the JE or PE version of the device.

The other two buffs are useful as well, but there's also the option, if you have it on your prospecting device, that you could take out something else with that buff on it, freeing up a device slot for some other buff. I really don't see a problem with some buffs being common for a specific race. Jenquai, for example, get plenty of reactor recharge buffs on various equipment, some shields, some devices, some reactors, and even a weapon or two.

Btw, most other devices, do have 1 debuff at L5, 6, and 9. They also usually add an additional positive buff at L5 and L9 in addition to the negative one.

or we could just add more levels to the bogeril divinin rod and make it comparable to the sculptor and miner devices. looting useful gear is usually more fun/rewarding than buying it and it's already there, just not too useful.

or we could just add more levels to the bogeril divinin rod and make it comparable to the sculptor and miner devices. looting useful gear is usually more fun/rewarding than buying it and it's already there, just not too useful.

That's cool too. Can the Fox/Mastiff line of plasma beams be extended to L9 while you're at it? (the ones with Fast Tractor Beam)

My objection with making it a drop is that combat is pretty awful as a TS in the early days. That single missile (L2 probably) takes a while to wear anything down. And Witberg isn't an obvious destination for a newbie TS.

I don't know if everyone does it this way, but I think it's natural for a scout to focus on Explore & Prospecting & Refining until you get an L30 hull and decent core-gear; then come back to combat.

Of course, if some low-level Boggies made a minor incursion into Proxima Centauri, that might work well.

My objection with making it a drop is that combat is pretty awful as a TS in the early days. That single missile (L2 probably) takes a while to wear anything down. And Witberg isn't an obvious destination for a newbie TS.

I don't know if everyone does it this way, but I think it's natural for a scout to focus on Explore & Prospecting & Refining until you get an L30 hull and decent core-gear; then come back to combat.

Of course, if some low-level Boggies made a minor incursion into Proxima Centauri, that might work well.

I don't think that's too far fetched. I'm at the moment an OL 117 TS and I've never even thought to poke my head into Alpha Centauri space even though I pass by the gate to it in Freya all the time. Never even killed one Bogeril, but I've had my share of Chavez and random Claimjumpers.

He giveth and he taketh - remove prospect from JE's in exchange for Terrell's request :)

Why would you remove Prospect from an explorer class? That doesn't make any sense, it's a core profession skill, like Jumpstart.

Or make all orefield guardians killable by energy, after resistances are implemented.

Why would you remove Prospect from an explorer class? That doesn't make any sense, it's a core profession skill, like Jumpstart.

Or make all orefield guardians killable by energy, after resistances are implemented.

You want a new deal then:

Ore guardians become killable by lowering their energy resistance to 99. In exchange for this their plasma resistance is increased to 99 and psionic resist to 100.

You want a new deal then:

Ore guardians become killable by lowering their energy resistance to 99. In exchange for this their plasma resistance is increased to 99 and psionic resist to 100.

Nah, I simply want either some choices in what I can equip at L9 in Plasma beams besides Pitbull Sr. or beams that are supposed to be rare, or that the mobs that guard orefields not be immune to or healed by energy, as the Manes were in Live. I don't think that's unreasonable that I have weapons that actually damage the enemies I'm most likely to encounter, and since ships are supposed to be customizable, some choice in said weapons.

I'd be fine with a few new ones that had DPS that was between the Pitt Sr, and the Defender's Pride.

Nah, I simply want either some choices in what I can equip at L9 in Plasma beams besides Pitbull Sr. or beams that are supposed to be rare, or that the mobs that guard orefields not be immune to or healed by energy, as the Manes were in Live. I don't think that's unreasonable that I have weapons that actually damage the enemies I'm most likely to encounter, and since ships are supposed to be customizable, some choice in said weapons.

I'd be fine with a few new ones that had DPS that was between the Pitt Sr, and the Defender's Pride.

That would only be possible if the beam has cripple reactor or scan blind debuffs.

That would only be possible if the beam has cripple reactor or scan blind debuffs.

Why would it need those debuffs, since most L9 beams don't have them? Only the Orange and purple dragon L9 beams have debuffs. One has device energy friction, the other has increase damage to reactor, both are energy.

On the issue of Prospecter devices, most explorers will likely be using a L8 Golden Tooth, it's arguably the best manufacturable prospect device, for it's prospect, reactor cap, and fast tractor buffs. A L7 sculptor or miner device at 100% quality when combined with L7 prospect, gets your prospecting time as quick as it's going to get, with as little energy consumed per L9 ore as possible, as you cannot buff a skill beyond the equivalent of L10. At L7, the Sculptor & Miner devices would buff 3 levels when you buy them from a vendor without rebuilding them.

Rebuilding them, or using a L8 one is for the second buff, as you're not getting any benefit to raising the first buff, but raising the HDC buff on the Miner, or the Scan buff on the Sculptor does increase it's beneifts at least a little. At L9 the Sculptor adds an additional reactor recharge buff for the tradeoff of higher sig, while the Miner adds Shield Damage control for the same tradeoff as the Sculptor.

Most L9 beams aren't plasma either.

I know, but since there are mobs that can only be killed by plasma, (if you're a beam user) that's a problem. Especially when those mobs often guard orefields where explorers are supposed to go to do their jobs. Compound that with it's only drop being the occasional L2 Essence, there's no reason for warriors to help.

we're getting off topic.

let's get back to monoceros discussion please

expanded bogeril divinin rods to give more reason for people to kill bogeril?/do bogeril missions?

I think that's cool, to have more bogeril divinin rods, either way. Both drops & missions is even better (more choice). I generally support more items for people to choose from.

On the Terran, Progen, Jenquai bases, the equipment from vendors there, IMO, should be the things that are made by the specific race that owns the base. Now if we wanted to put some of them on a more neutral base, like N7 or F7 makes more sense. Problem is that putting them on N7 would only make them barely closer than at Jove's Fury relative to the Scout's Training area. To me it's probably better to just put the Monoceros, Sculptor, and Miner in the loot tables (level apropraite ones of course) of some of the mobs in the Scout's sectors.

• 3 weeks later...

i agree.

Most L9 beams aren't plasma either.

Hi

I love these kind of statements.

Out of 30 lvl9 beams in the database, wait for it........

15 are plasma beams

12 are energy beams

3 EMP beams

Riia