Secure SSL

alurra

Ok, here is the thing. I've got both of my computers running with full admin rights on ALL application files relating and pertaining to the game. I was fooling around with the check boxes for the net 7 launcher a few weeks ago and ticked the secure ssl checkbox. Now, no matter WHAT I do, it will NOT remove that checkbox and stay removed. The problem is, if I remove the check before hitting 'play' the game will generate the INV-300 error and something about secure log in failed. Then if I remove it and close the program down and re open it, it's right back there. I've tried un/reinstalling the Net7 service, to no avail. Any ideas on HOW to get this check box unchecked and KEEP it that way? LOL

I'm a far cry from computer illiterate, but i'll be damned, i'm feeling like a blooming idiot when it comes to this little checkbox.

I think the "Secure Auth (SSL)" option is automatically ticked by the launcher depending on what server is selected and highlighted in the drop down list. Anyway, as you knew, the option has to be ticked in order to login to the PLAY server.

Yeah, the SSL checkbox isn't nearly as optional as it might represent itself to be, lol. You just can't save it that way. In fact, that option won't even be around for that much longer; it's antiquated at this point.

Well, what command is it running the exe's with, then? Maybe this is the source of his and some other people's problems with inv-300 or loading up, including mine.

Based on what I see, essentially nothing as CDel indicated:

private void c_CheckBox_SecureAuthentication_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)        {            if (c_CheckBox_SecureAuthentication.Checked)            {                c_TextBox_Port.Text = "443";            }            else            {                c_TextBox_Port.Text = "443";            }        }

If checked, sets that port.text to 443, if unchecked also sets it to 443. Aside from this it appears to store to a configuration. Nothing really appears to be "passed" to Net7 proxy aside from /SSL:443, further supporting what Cdel said before. This isn't really doing anything to the proxy that I can see since SSL works over port 443 by default anyway.

private void c_CheckBox_SecureAuthentication_CheckedChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            if (c_CheckBox_SecureAuthentication.Checked)
            {
                c_TextBox_Port.Text = "443";
            }
            else
            {
                c_TextBox_Port.Text = "443";
            }
        }

lol why even do the if test then, just have the method set the text to 443.

Sorry, programmer pet peeve hate to see unneeded code.

lol why even do the if test then, just have the method set the text to 443.

Sorry, programmer pet peeve hate to see unneeded code.

It was just left there and never removed by the last person who touched it I am guessing. :lol: