Components booth "tags"

Mistoffeles

Would it be possible to slightly alter the comps booths so that they displayed the "level" of comps that they had for sale, so you don't have to keep going from booth to booth if you have a really bad memory like me?

Cheers,

Paul

Easyest way to do this Wihtout changing the client would be to change the name of the vendor to Vendorname LVL X

Write it down and refer to it when required.

This sekrit method has worked for Earth & Beyond players in the past so I have revealed it for you now.

With this little effort you too might eventually become familiar enough to go to the right vendor without reference to what you've written down and without visual cues.

:(

• Upvote 1

What might be of use is if Slayerman's DB could have an export feature. That way you could export sections such as the vendors and their wares as well as level and locations. I'm pretty sure that he wouldnt want to have the whole thing exportable but sections may be very helpful...

It is a shame Westwood didn't do this in the beginning. I have noted some vendors do say what level stuff they have in the opening dialog at least shortening the process slightly. The suggested tagging would be most helpful on the stations that have extra level vendors like Earth, Joves, and Mars.

• 3 weeks later...

cant we change the graphic on the booth to have the level number on it? I know we spoke about redoing stations in the past...

That is true there was some discussion, but it would come down to editing specific files to get to the banners, and making sure new or modified banners would still work... I'm not sure who was looking into it, or even everything involved, but it sort of moved farther and farther down on the list.