TS and L8 Shields

My personal opinion... relying on tweaking of items/gear to deal with class balance is not very scaleable and not a healthy strategy in the long run. It may be quick and easy in the short term, but long term it just causes more work and headache for content development.

With each new generation of gear, special consideration will need to be applied to handle all the special cases. With each new raid encounter all the drops will need to be reviewed much more carefully to maintain class balance. In addition there will be a need to balance a raid versus a parallel raid in the same generation in terms of drops to make both encounters interesting and worthwhile to pursue by all classes.

As it is, there's already a lot of that going on, do we really want more?

well then give us a better crew and chewie for our ships... Granted the falcon had nothing to boost stealthiness except the pilot... but it did have the pilot and he could hide that ship in the middle of a crowded room of people looking for him... in computer terms that converts to stealth skill... oh and did you point out that it had 5 (thats five) weapon slots... hmmm...

also was that specifically a ground based weapon or just a weapon doing double duty as a ground based weapon...

now if you wanna give us a 5th weapon slot and speed... well then I think we can just call it a day right there :):):)

You're right, I did, unfortunately 1 of them will be puny, because it's meant for the ground, it was a standard laser. It'll be incapable of doing much damage to a starship. The other missile launcher fired missiles that were so large they only had room for about 6 or so of them without going back to the base. Let's see, that leaves us with 3 active weapons, and one that'll be out within minutes. I guess that means I can take AWAY a weapon slot, huh? Nice try, though. ;)

As far as what you see in the movies goes, it had the 2 main guns that they use against the tie fighters, and the ground weapon I forgot about.

I refer to data that I do believe I read in the Star Wars Encyclopedia they released way back when. I read it cover to cover a few times as a child. It has been a long time though, so the memory could be slightly foggy. I'll look later.

Remember guys, I want to see you examine how your idea for change would affect the OTHER classes too. You're not gonna get an ubar (spelling intentional) scout. It is an explorer class and will never be a mainstay in combat in terms of damage. As it stands when we go to balancing depending on the DPS they may still end up being reduced and weakened in that respect. Time will tell.

I refer to data that I do believe I read in the Star Wars Encyclopedia they released way back when. I read it cover to cover a few times as a child. It has been a long time though, so the memory could be slightly foggy. I'll look later.

Remember guys, I want to see you examine how your idea for change would affect the OTHER classes too. You're not gonna get an ubar (spelling intentional) scout. It is an explorer class and will never be a mainstay in combat in terms of damage. As it stands when we go to balancing depending on the DPS they may still end up being reduced and weakened in that respect. Time will tell.

Weakening our DPS is not an unreasonable thing - if you want to make us comparable to a JE (except with MLs as opposed to beams)

In fact, I'd settle for 3xL8 MLs and an innate ability to "dodge" (i.e. a modifier that grants scouts a higher possibility of dodging) hits.

Being the slippery duck when The Master tries to pot you for 200k damage when you go to pull him, or having some unique talent that brings desirability to the class for raid groups.

And did I mention some sort of a group buff to grant a base Crit. Targeting to non warrior classes, and a3x multiplier for the DPS for classes that do naturaly have Crit. Targeting?

Currently, scouts really don't have much to offer a FB or even a gate raid or a pirate base raid that some combination of JTs/JEs/TTs/PPs cannot do better.

Perhaps make us more in mind with the Bards of FFXI - a total support/crowd control --- not an out-and-out healer as the white mage (TT), but something that buffs the raid group in ways the other classes don't.

Edited by -Seeker-

Perhaps make us more in mind with the Bards of FFXI - a total support/crowd control --- not an out-and-out healer as the white mage (TT), but something that buffs the raid group in ways the other classes don't.

My first thought was Lullaby and Finale. Granted I've not gotten high level in the game, but is there or is there not an ability in the game that wipes a buff off a target? If not, might not be a bad ability. Highly situational I grant, but could be useful?

I have to say very nice post but if i remember right in live if a TT even think of pushing the Heal button he was toast ALL agro turned to him and POP ( No Heals No One Lives )

My view of the TS is it should have special lines of engines. Engines that boost shield cap, etc.

Of course that is just one component

I'm all for each of the 9 classes, having a little more lovin' in specific lines of equipment compared to others. Scouts having a few special lines of engines, sounds more than fair, depending on what buff combos, and engine stats are put on them.

My first thought was Lullaby and Finale. Granted I've not gotten high level in the game, but is there or is there not an ability in the game that wipes a buff off a target? If not, might not be a bad ability. Highly situational I grant, but could be useful?

I had a Lv. 75 BRD in FFXI... and Finale was most useful, especially in God fights, even though it had a longer recast time than RDM (Red Mage) Dispel... the trade-off being that it didn't cost any mana.

Of course, FFXI was a very equipment-dependent game (every little bit helped - the difference between a Light Staff and an Apollo's staff among other +1/+2 HQ gear - for landing that Finale or Lullaby).

As for EnB/EMU... there is no "Dispel" equivalent that I am aware of.

Edited by -Seeker-

I had a Lv. 75 BRD in FFXI... and Finale was most useful, especially in God fights, even though it had a longer recast time than RDM (Red Mage) Dispel... the trade-off being that it didn't cost any mana.

Of course, FFXI was a very equipment-dependent game (every little bit helped - the difference between a Light Staff and an Apollo's staff among other +1/+2 HQ gear - for landing that Finale or Lullaby).

As for EnB/EMU... there is no "Dispel" equivalent that I am aware of.

Dispel would be a pretty cool affiliation skill for either Hyperia or Sharim. If it removes the effects of debuffs, etc. I'm aware of one device that removes menace from people, the Rallying Cry. Would be a legit raid skill and grouping skill, while also being a support skill, rather than a firepower skill. (more apropraite to JT or Scout)

This I agree with you on, the Warriors should be seen by the mobs as the biggest threats...

This is why PW get enrage skill :) To get and hold the aggro. The cost of maintaining aggro, then, is a little reactor loss, that could otherwise go to weapons or other combat skills. That seems balanced. I agree, essentially - warriors have to have a method of holding aggro. Also, I doubt the AI and aggro system is working correctly yet.

Off topic, tho, you can't hardly consider 1 element of balance without considering the big picture.

TE was never meant to be a combat class. I mean the Scout, of course, not the TW. Maybe only PW & TW should get L9 shields.

Edited by Ghent