Flag Items "No Sale"

It would be nice to have the ability to flag and item in your inventory as "no sale" to prevent accidentally selling them to a vendor. I've sold devices, (that can be remade thankfully) mistaking them for another. If I accidentally sold a drop only item or something valuable, it would suck!

It's a good idea, but unfortunately I think it would be too hard to implement. Because we can't change stuff in the client, the only way I could think of doing this is through a slash command, which would get really laborious for any significant number of items to flag.

It's a good idea, but unfortunately I think it would be too hard to implement. Because we can't change stuff in the client, the only way I could think of doing this is through a slash command, which would get really laborious for any significant number of items to flag.

An idea, Set if unique (most 'end-game' or more valuable stuff) to say "Do you really want to sell this?"

That would solve some things. If it is possible.

There was a trick some people played on GMs I've heard it happen at least 3 times.

You would sell your Hellbore or whatever rare item that was badly damaged to the vendor on purpose.

Then you tell a GM you accidentally sold the item, after verifying this with the logs you are given a new Hellbore but at 100% quality.

PS. Hellbore is not unique so making flagging uniques with that message only won't fully work.

is the slash command laborious for you to code into the server? or do you mean laborious for us to do as a player... cuz imo its not really a significant number of items we are talking about... I mean how many truly no sell items do you have... amah pain, skull shield, hellbore... I would just flag the important stuff...

keep in mind that anyone who can get to L50 in trade would have no problem doing the slash commands required to flag some stuff... as a matter of fact, that would just be a walk in the park compared to somer-fenris to the nth power...

• Upvote 1

If a slash command would be tough to implement, maybe a key combo/mouse click ie: cntrl/alt/rtclick or somesuch.

But yeah a way to mark or flag important stuff would be awesome!

And, LOL at Avani's trade run remark... heh been there done that. :P

I meant laborious for the player. This is the way it would need to be done: you would enter the slash command, followed by the slot number (in your cargo) of the item you wanted to flag. For example, "/flagnosale 1" would flag the first item in your cargo as no-sale. After thinking about it more though, It occurs to me that we could simply have "/flagnosale" without arguments flag your whole cargo for you, so you could take everything you want to flag from your vault and put it in your cargo to flag it, then move it back. The only remaining problem I can see is that I'm not sure we can indicate to the player that the item is flagged in the description.

I'd love to be able to put a key combo as Klyde mentioned, but of course we're not able to change things on the client side :).

Currently there seems to be some kind of functionality that indicates if an item was GM created. Can you extend this custom marking ability to show when an item is marked no-sale? I'm gonna guess that the GM created one is simply marking a builder on an item (even though it might not have actually been "built") and letting the client do it's normal thing.

Technically, yes, but I'd rather avoid doing that, as It would probably be a pain/not look good. I'll have to ask someone whether we send the item properties as text or as bit flags (1s and 0s). I'm sure we could at least put the indicator in the item description.

I meant laborious for the player. This is the way it would need to be done: you would enter the slash command, followed by the slot number (in your cargo) of the item you wanted to flag.

best to use K.I.S.S. rule and just do "/flag Uber item" once, so if you gonna sell item whos name is "Uber item", then server asks confirmation. add optimization as needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but I guess I'm the boring one again ..

Look what you are selling. I would not like to have a flag on items .. just play the game and check what you are doing :)

+1

If you are that bad at selling stuff then pre-screen the items in your hold and xfer all the stuff you DON'T want to sell to your vault before opening a window with the vendor. Then you can safely click click away without any regard as to what you are selling.

• Upvote 3