Loot changes

Hi,

I was thinking about some fun loot permission changes, I had these ideas (probably most people have had them in the past too):

- have a 'guild' loot setting where a player can set up that only players in the same guild can loot the item after he does for the first minute.

- have a 'random but present guild member' setting where after the player who took the kill loots only one other guild player can loot, but that player is chosen randomly from all nearby guild members.

With both these settings, after one minute, the loot would be free-for-all. Also we can make these settings 'sticky' so that once set, they are remembered between sessions until you change them again.

Any other loot permission ideas?

how about looter vault rights where a person who loots an item can either keep it in their cargo hold or send it to their vault

account loot rights where you can send the loot to any toon on your account.

extreme master looter rights where you can send the loot to anyone in the game anywhere

Hi,

I was thinking about some fun loot permission changes, I had these ideas (probably most people have had them in the past too):

- have a 'guild' loot setting where a player can set up that only players in the same guild can loot the item after he does for the first minute.

- have a 'random but present guild member' setting where after the player who took the kill loots only one other guild player can loot, but that player is chosen randomly from all nearby guild members.

With both these settings, after one minute, the loot would be free-for-all. Also we can make these settings 'sticky' so that once set, they are remembered between sessions until you change them again.

Hello, these sound like interesting ideas, but before doing something like this might I ask that the options for the guilds be fixed first? Also, their is a bug with the guilds that will not allow you to demote or even remove a player from the guild permentlly! Everytime the server is reset all the guild members that have been removed are put back into the guild. You could see how this would be a problem with the looting idea. Also, most all the buttons on the guild info page don't work except for the message, recrute & premote buttons and the MOTD keeps getting change also with a server reset.

Mostly I would like to see the guild "/" commands work like the tag & change guild ranking like it was in live. I have sepnt alot of time working on my guild by adding a vault system for the members, got David to add a guild rooms on TS3 which now has 3 different guilds in it. I would like to do more but with most of the guild stuff not working it is hard to move forward when it comes to guilds. I have a new ranking system all ready to go but no way to add it yet to my guild.

I do love the work you, David and the other good people on the EnB team are doing and now I am a small member of that team as a reporter so I guess in a round about way this is my report on guilds! lol

Again thanks for all your hard work! TTYL :-) Merlin

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

Does the ability to assign to loot to any given player exist? For example, in a random fishbowl raid, it's conceivable to have several groups working together, but not from the same guild.

The simplest way to handle loot then would be to have two slash commands - one for random rolling, one for assigning the loot to someone by player name. You could add all sorts of restrictions on it like the receiving players need to be within 50km-100km of the corpse, or whatever makes sense for the encounter. (I chose an extreme range to allow for raid encounters that may take up large parts of a sector with JDs shuttling players around via Summon Friend/Group.) Ideally there'd be a kill group that would get master loot rights, and they'd handle the /randoms and /assignloots.

For future content, perhaps there could be a "sponsored" raid where the sponsor does all the work of gathering the materials to create the key that would unlock the zone (similar to the original mission for the fishbowl). Once unlocked, that person becomes the "raid leader" or "assigned master looter" for the encounter, regardless of whether or not he's in the kill group. This would prevent ninja's and encourage folks to support raid leaders that have successfully led previous raids. A well run raid by this group/individual would gain notoriety by word of mouth, and more such raids could occur. (Reminds me of the days of pickup FB/Controller raids on Orion.)

Just some random thoughts.

how about looter vault rights where a person who loots an item can either keep it in their cargo hold or send it to their vault

account loot rights where you can send the loot to any toon on your account.

extreme master looter rights where you can send the loot to anyone in the game anywhere

lol, yeah those would be cool but they aren't going to happen (sorry :))

I was just seeing if there were any neat ideas of how to deal with the old ninja looting problem where you want a guild/group member to pick something up from a corpse after you've unlocked it but a crafty JD uncloaks and pinches everything.

Or do we want to leave that potential reward in there, I mean the JD is supposed to be like a thief right? It's just that there should be *something* you can do about thieves. Maybe we can buy booby traps and add the ability to plant them in corpses or something, I don't know.

anyway, I'll leave this for now and get back to other things.

cheers,

TB

I also want to drop in we need to fix the fact that if you open a corps it is then lootable by anyone. We need to make it so that its only lootable by anyone after the 120 secs but will be allowed to be looted by anyone in the group after the person that owns it looks at the loot.

Thanks,

David

• Upvote 2

If it gets changed to where even after a person opens it that hulk can no be opened by anyone else for 120 secs. Then I believe if possible you should also add a button or a way to release it for anyone to loot. Many times people go out and farm low level mobs and ask if anyone wants so free loot and small toons roll in to clean up the mess. If you add the 120 sec rule then this will make farming for the little guys a little more difficult in the future.

• Upvote 1

If it gets changed to where even after a person opens it that hulk can no be opened by anyone else for 120 secs. Then I believe if possible you should also add a button or a way to release it for anyone to loot. Many times people go out and farm low level mobs and ask if anyone wants so free loot and small toons roll in to clean up the mess. If you add the 120 sec rule then this will make farming for the little guys a little more difficult in the future.

Agree with this, if I'm faction farming, I wouldn't mind a low level toon, looting the corpses, and the ability to release looting rights on a kill would be a nice thing to do in that situation. When Grouping it would be nice that when a group makes a kill, I would like it so that the group leader can set looting rights to leader only, round robin, all group members can loot, and free for all.

I also want to drop in we need to fix the fact that if you open a corps it is then lootable by anyone. We need to make it so that its only lootable by anyone after the 120 secs but will be allowed to be looted by anyone in the group after the person that owns it looks at the loot.

Thanks,

David

If it's 120 secs, what's the auto-despawn timer on corpse in space?

• 2 weeks later...

its been a long time since live so my memory may be a bit off but on pegasus we used an auction system for our public raids, i.e. tada-o gate (not fishbowl unless specifically stated), controller, and DT and we made use of the loot right system to do it.

in those situations the raid leader would form a DD or kill team (that they were not even necessarily in) whose job it was to get loot rights on bosses while the other teams were left to form randomly and loot wasn't worried about. before the raid we'd auction off potential drops that were not tradeable and record the winners and ammounts so that if the item dropped we could assign loot rights to that person after they paid. tradeables were always looted by either the raid leader or designated looter in the kill team (the team leader) and auctioned afterwards. but the kill team could look at the loot on corpse (though they were frequently denied this by a group leader loot only option enabled)and then close the corpse without opening rights to the public, and the team could kick a random member and invite the raid leader and maintain those rights, thoguht there was still no way to transfer leadership of tht group so the raid leader would just ask the DD group lead to assign loot rights after he recieved payment.

throughout this process which took several minutes the kill group could open and close the corpse without the opening up of loot rights and i'd like to see that maintained at least for "boss" kills. the assigning of loot rights was done with slash commands though i don't remember the exact text at this point. these raids also frequently made use of the private chat channels, that last i checked were not functional yet.

Just noticed this thread.

How about a loot randomizer for the group?

Corpse opens, each item is randomly assigned to a player. After a few minutes everyone in group can loot it. A few minutes more and everyone else can.

Would avoid a lot of bickering that happens within groups, and it would promote grouping with random people more.

A loot randomizer for raids would also help in getting rid of lottos.