What is with the PW LvL 30 HU mission

Guys - what and why is the PW level 30 HU mission beyond ridiculusly long, over complicated and unchecked(spelling, vague instructions, incorrect locations)?

since i am not involved with the behind the scene content testing/checking will assume that there is a small group that is? Are people not submitting issue reports and faults to the rest of the team for correction?

What and why and who was given the go ahead to deviate from the original mission types and concepts? from what i can recall the end objective was to get the game to what is was at live? has this changed?!

The reward from this one is amazing and warrants the time to complete it. The only thing I would change is the respawn rate of the mobs near DCO. It's insane.

I would rather have all HU quests like this one if the rewards are going to be similar. As a contrast, terrans deliver some news to Chern, go back to earth/somerled, talk with herrera, and then move on. Boring, no reward, no point, just a time sink.

• Upvote 2

The mission is exactly the same as it was in live so it's not quite fair to blame current dev's for the way it is. However you are right, it is a truly horrible mess of a mission and could use a serious overhaul. And while the reward is nice in my opinion it is just not worth it, I mean I started the mission at 30 and finished it at 38 having done no extra combat, trade, or exploration other that that required to finish the mission. Also there is no way for the Progen to skip this one and just pay for the hull, you HAVE to do it.

The mission is exactly the same as it was in live so it's not quite fair to blame current dev's for the way it is. However you are right, it is a truly horrible mess of a mission and could use a serious overhaul. And while the reward is nice in my opinion it is just not worth it, I mean I started the mission at 30 and finished it at 38 having done no extra combat, trade, or exploration other that that required to finish the mission. Also there is no way for the Progen to skip this one and just pay for the hull, you HAVE to do it.

The reward is a shield usable at lvl 40, so is it really a bad thing that you finished it at 38?

I personally would have been much happier with a reasonable quest and a reward that I could use on my way to L40 rather then something that I cant use until L40. And yes the shield is nice but something like a 200% Waterloo or Falkirk is arguably better.

I just completed the lvl 30 HU, I didn't find anything majorly wrong, and the buffs from the shroud are good, I don't use as much energy anymore to kill lvl 23s at cbt 11 so it's all good to me

Yes and the quest was universally hated in live as well with many people hoping for a change that never came, but a new day has dawned so lets hope some more! :)

And it is hated yet today. At a minimum PLEASE change the kill counter to not reset if one gets dead or has to leave the game for whatever reason in this mission. It is terribly frustrating to get dead, tow, exit the station only to find a re-log is needed to get CT back. Back to the heat of battle… DANG IT !!! counter was back to zero start over time.

I don't believe the kill counter reset is intentional, more of a bug. annoying, but doesn't exactly top the list of bugs we are looking to fix right now

Not an issue for me. I think I will wait and get to OL 150 before I try this mission again.