SERVER STATUS (current)

Message added by Zackman

Please do NOT(!) chat here, this topic is for server related messages (crash, restarts etc.) so please post status reports for the live server only.

The server itself did not crash. only the logon processes. Not sure what triggered that, but at any rate, I have taken the game server down for now as there are pending updates for the server itself, Going to install those and bring things back up to minimize any downtime.

Ok sorry, things are coming back online now. I was indisposed when I got the message that there was an issue.

Edited by Kyp
Finished updates
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kyp said:

I'll restart it later this evening before I go to settle down for bed, gives you all at least an hour longer or so.

Ran outta time getting some stuff done, will be restarting in the AM when I can see it with a clear head.

Yep that one's on me. I installed the updates and the servers restarted on their own, a new 'feature' of the OS to restart automatically in the absence of direction, I am guessing.

Looking into it.

• 4 weeks later...

Server was up, login server/comm server had crashed. Restarted it all, should be accessible in a moment. FYI there is a known issue where the Christmas missions may not be working right, this will be rectified soon and I'll leave it in place for a while after Christmas so everyone gets a chance for it.

It does not appear to be from the server side, I see people changing sectors which requires that functionality each time (part of the gating mechanism).

I can dump it again but if this keeps up it may have to stay down a while for it to get investigated properly. I am working now so that won't be until later in the day.