When is the last time anybody see Ivory Ward drop at all?

SiSL

Over 8000 RD faction, along with Sharim & Psionic faction spent by killing those Hung Kwan Novices, not a single sight of Ivory Ward, I know they dropped sometime in the past, but does it really drop now?

So I'm guessing at sometime may be after some patch it stop dropping... That's why I'm asking when is the last time you see dropped one? 

PS: Not that I mind remaking faction, number was merely to show how many kills so far.. (around 22 lost per kill, so around 400 would be nice number)

Edited by SiSL

Dont know where you tried, but i see its dropping.

Tried all cooper navs that has L48 big RD's, around RS8 and wreckage of alliance etc. around... Tried Grissom if I found one there, also in AP... Nada... Are you sure you guys didnt change its drop chance one in a million at some point? :)

from what i remember it should drop from the cl48's in cooper although ive spent a few k faction trying to get one last i saw one drop was around december never see any advertised in market as looted forsale though 

Yeah, I've never seen them either... number of analyzed people is also not long list... I just wonder when is the last analyze... 

Edited by SiSL

They only drop from the CL 48's RD's in Cooper.

Two weeks ago I looted one and failed the analyze. Took an 8k faction hit before it dropped.

Went back last week and got a 2nd one, lost about 10k before I got that one. Got the print this time, which is good, b/c I ran out of tiles.

Long and short, it is very rare. I can't imagine anyone selling looted versions on the market. On the bright side, I'm sitting at 0 with the Chavez now, although the Psi's despise me.

Edited by Twodogs

Ill field this.  The long and short of it:  Working as intended, and I will tell you why.  I am not meaning to really debate this, but there is a very solid premise for a lot of these rarities.

Simply put, we do not want the mass production machine putting a 200 percent version of every item in the game on every toon/alt/mule to the point where there is no point to achieve anymore.

Instant gratification, easy obtainment of uber/high value equipment, monty haul, whatever you want to call it, is a deadly cancer that destroys long term playability of a game.

In ST4/Beta mobs were easy, raids were dumbed down, drop rates were outrageous, all in the spirit of testing and more testing.  We all had 6-10 fully geared out supertoons with every shiny there was to have, so much so that uber gear was being intentionally spaced in raids because no one had even a mule or alt that could use it!

We have been in the live mode for a little over 3 months.  Three months.  We do not want you having fully strapped out toons this soon, NO ONE was as geared as many of you are now at this timeframe of original live, thats a guarantee.

Five, six, ten of a given rare/sought after item server wide?  Awesome, that would be ideal.  But just because something drops at a seemingly low rate, doesnt mean it is set too low.  For every one of you out there "farming for days" so are 10-20 other people, and for all you know it may have dropped for them once or twice.

I just checked the item database and there are literally hundreds in the hands of players already.  More than five a day drop.  Why would it need to be more than that?  If anything it should be far less.

If an item is confirmed not to be dropping at all, and it should be, then we can look into making sure it is (see the Zet PL about a month ago), but we arent going to set something to drop so frequently that every single item in the game becomes common/walmart obtainable.  That just will not happen.

I hope this clears up some things.

• Upvote 2

That's fine, and dandy for uber items to be fairly rare, please have some commonplace alternatives to them at higher levels.  There has been improvement on this front compared to EnB origins.  Also in ST4/Beta it was possible to get the Ivory Ward in BBW from the training drones, albeit rarely.  I'm not sure if that's still the case.  Given the Ivory Ward's recipe, sooner or later it will be mass produced as no parts in the device are obtainable ONLY by looting.  

I would define common items, any item that can be built without the need for non-manufacturable components which only drop in a raid, or are extremely rare.  Maybe I'd include a manufacturable component if the ores to make it are extremely rare and cannot be ripped from a more common comp. Something like the old GE lasers and DPs from Origins, would fall under my perception of common, since as soon as a few Traders have it printed, and the requisite comps, it can be mass produced, provided us explorers provide the ores.

There should be some choices in common place items at end game levels, so that most members of any given class aren't using the same loadout.  Such items should be desirable, but the uber items should significantly rarer and clearly better.

Ill field this.  The long and short of it:  Working as intended, and I will tell you why.  I am not meaning to really debate this, but there is a very solid premise for a lot of these rarities.

Simply put, we do not want the mass production machine putting a 200 percent version of every item in the game on every toon/alt/mule to the point where there is no point to achieve anymore.

Instant gratification, easy obtainment of uber/high value equipment, monty haul, whatever you want to call it, is a deadly cancer that destroys long term playability of a game.

If an item is confirmed not to be dropping at all, and it should be, then we can look into making sure it is (see the Zet PL about a month ago), but we arent going to set something to drop so frequently that every single item in the game becomes common/walmart obtainable.  That just will not happen.

I hope this clears up some things.

All clear and fine, same excuse for hulk fields without replacement for Tiles or suits just because of proto stuff...  I just opened the thread if it really is still dropping or something preventing it to drop say it by bug or anything... You know I would really hate to loose all minimum 3 faction pools for something that is not dropping.... And I would kill a thousand more if it was not reducing all those "other" factions just because I kill some unlawful pirates... 

No offense; as for other stuff you have written: If you really want something to be rare, please make them non-manufacturable and unique while keeping it in balance (unlike longer-than-missile-range-beams)... Because manufacturing is for those who does not worked to get them... Am I wrong? All manufacturable item buyers are people who wants instant grafication... 

As for Ivory Ward on Live, sorry, it was not really rare, was relatively normal 5% rate... Difference and latency of item finding in Live was pretty much everyone was new and did not have that much info of 12 years... 

Killing thousands of mobs is "Tediousness" not "achievement" 

They only drop from the CL 48's RD's in Cooper.

Two weeks ago I looted one and failed the analyze. Took an 8k faction hit before it dropped.

Went back last week and got a 2nd one, lost about 10k before I got that one. Got the print this time, which is good, b/c I ran out of tiles.

Long and short, it is very rare. I can't imagine anyone selling looted versions on the market. On the bright side, I'm sitting at 0 with the Chavez now, although the Psi's despise me.

Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for: "Last week, a confirmed drop"... 

Edited by SiSL

From the drop rate i see, it is ok.

I guess you are not really happy with the usual "unlucky" phrase tho....

Anyway, its dropping at a fair amount tho.

Hehe, I'm always unlucky when it comes to any dice roll :)

Failed all 3 Terran Advantage in a row with max builds, overrides, 25k faction, grouped with 5 max faction 200% L9 builders... 3 times failure on Intolerances, cygnus 9 analyze, pretty much anything rare to find took over 3 failure to analyze... etc etc. 

I know I'm unlucky on these stages, yet,  it is good to know it was "my unluckiness" and black cat only :)

Edited by SiSL

Guildy handed me 2 Ivory Wards this evening, after farming for a good part of the afternoon/evening. I know it feels 1000 times worse when you are watching your RD faction fall, but this doesn't seem too terrible if you have said faction to burn.