You know you are about to visit Megan when:

It might be fun to list the funny things that happen and you know you are about to CTD.  I'll start it off..

You know you are about to visit Megan when: The gate has a chat bubble and says, "Come back later I may have work for you"

You know you are about to visit Megan when the sign ahead says: "Sector wall in 3.0k" while you are warping 5570 and having missed your targeted gate.

Checking his blind spot before changing lanes, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

Speaking of visits from Megan, I notice if I don't exit the game completely & start it again, before logging in, I get stuck at the map screen.  Does this happen to others as well? 

Maybe she wants some new outfits, she's probably got a closet full of her normal attire. (like the scene in one of the Batman movies, where he comments about what he's going to wear, and there are multiple Batman suits)

Speaking of visits from Megan, I notice if I don't exit the game completely & start it again, before logging in, I get stuck at the map screen.  Does this happen to others as well
Maybe she wants some new outfits, she's probably got a closet full of her normal attire. (like the scene in one of the Batman movies, where he comments about what he's going to wear, and there are multiple Batman suits)

Usually happens when your toon hasn't fully logged out... Sometimes you have to wait till it does to get back in. Edited by Sleven.

When you have stable connection, you will not have any problems at all, but
if you connection is tricky/wireless - prepare for a lots of disconnects and I
believe this is due the code of the game.

I can give you few examples:

Have moved house few weeks ago, before had very good connection and had no
issues at all and wonder why people complain about issues was ready to say it
is because poor net connection, but since I've moved, have to use wireless
connection until proper wired connection is installed/activated and can confirm
there is a LOTS of disconnects.

Why I am saying it is because of the game code - in my spare time I do play
few games which require constant internet connection and while I'm playing
other games, some time I do start them together with enb and while other games
might get laggy during the signal strength of the wireless, EnB simple
disconnect. I'm speaking running 2 games in same moment on same PC, keep in
mind I did it before with stable wired connection and had no issues at all.

Usually you get DC while you gating/docking/wormholing, at this very moment
it pump higher traffic than normal and this is critical moment when stable
connection is needed, might be because error threshold is low compared to other
game or may be because timeout is smaller than other games, but if you
connection on these moments is not very good or laggy (torrent clients cause
this effect too, even if you're not downloading/uploading  atm) the game
client dc

Note other games never dc/crash

Games which I'm using together with EnB, not all the time but often: mostly
world of tanks, sometime eve online, rarely some other games

Conclusion: if you want to have issue free experience in enb - make sure you
got very good connection with no laggy moments, if it's possible do not use
wireless, game is very sensitive to rapid change of your internet quality,
compared to other games.

Stell

Edited by Stell

Speaking of visits from Megan, I notice if I don't exit the game completely & start it again, before logging in, I get stuck at the map screen.  Does this happen to others as well? 

A good workaround is to log in another toon from that account after you started EnB.

This apparently forces the "stuck" toon out.

Works rather reliably for me.

A good workaround is to log in another toon from that account after you started EnB.

This apparently forces the "stuck" toon out.

Works rather reliably for me.

Thanks, will do that in the future.

Here is my guess on why we have problem gating:

- In Live, Westwood use a TCP connection between client and server, so the TCP protocol takes care of packet loss (due to collision, NW bandwidth, intermediate routers fragmentation etc..)

- In the EMU, Kyp has said that he had to switch to using UDP instead because doing otherwise, the server would hang.

So, in the day time, and especially nightly between 9PM-10PM Pacific time, the network bandwidth is limited due to all those backups that kick off at that time.  As a result, intermediate routers would drop or defragment the packets. 

I believe we can do the followings:

- Since we cannot change the client, we can however, change the net7proxy that sits between the client and the server.  We of course can change the server, since it is all EMU codes.  THe net7proxy codes would use UDP, but maintain a TCP connection to the client.  It would forward the client request to the server, but also implement a retry mechanism (Sequence number of packets, and provide more retry counts and longer retry timeout for any request until an ACK is received from the server).  Likewise, the server connection codes need to be changed accordingly to take into account the loss of packets.