Why I have issues with another stress test

1) Databases are exportable. You are not planning to, and I assume, cannot charge for the game. What does it matter if we get to keep all our toons from "beta" since the game is just one big "beta" anyway?

2) New hardware does not necessitate a need for a player wipe. You all are constantly busy I assume on changing the code of the game so do it with the new hardware now. If google did a database wipe every time they had a hardware change think about how many people would use google.

3) The purpose of a stress test is to have people play and stress the server. By deleting toons you are alienating your player base. Who really wants to continually level from 0-150 over and over and over again with multiple toons? This is counter-productive. You want more people to play and not less.

4) You all are asking us to grind to see where you need to make changes. You know where the grind is at and that people hate leveling trade from trade runs. You could also calculate how long it would take for someone to level trade by timing a trade run for multiple engine techs & setups, then using that and dividing it by xp needed for each trade level to see how long it would take. It's a lot easier for you to increase your trade level than it is for us. If you want feedback about fixing grinding I'm sure you could simply ask us.

5) If you are concerned with the loot situation where people (like myself) have hoarded rd loot for example.. Delete our loot. Make us go out and get it again. Hell even reset our credits to a nominal number. I'm ok with all that. Make the rd base a 20-26 hour repop like it was before so people can't easily monopolize it. Make the same with blackbeard, the controller, and all the other big bosses. There is no economy in the game because everything is easily attainable.

There are probably more grumbles that I have about this but aside from that I want to say it was nice playing again and I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the game. This is in no way out to flame or piss anyone off. I am simply stating why I think another ST is not needed.

I'd like to see the game start properly - and that means more testing NOT playing, and that means looking at how all the functions work and not simply powerlevelling. Then a proper Beta - final issues sorted out, some publicity, and then the real fun starts. I wouldnt bemoan the loss of an uber-character. We all have a huge advantage over any newcomers when its relaunched.

So dont get too attached to your toons and dont weep over it.

The game is very good, but there are a lot of issues still to iron out first. And a lot of the issues are with the new toon missions and skills. Prospecting is not quite right yet. Mob agro isnt right. There are a ton of graphic and gameplay issues. Its still fine to see your plagues bite disappear into the airlock or vendor, or to have loads of XP debt because the buffs or devices didnt work. Its fine if you start 9 characters to test where the problems are and to learn how the toons operate. Its fine to powerlevel and test out the top end of the game. Its great that the ubers are doing the fishbowl and the other named MOBs with little competition. But its all got to go <pfft> for Beta and again for Live.

If you want to see progress then TEST and dont just play.

Perhaps Beta should be for those that contribute?

Playing a game and paying bills are not the same thing. What kind of a response is that?

Eating soup and watching TV aren't the same thing. Flying a kite and digging a ditch aren't the same thing. Have no idea what you are saying . . . and where did he say anything about bills?

We are not positive on when the next wipe is. I can say it will be soon, but I'll give you guys a heads up once a date is picked. Main reason being we have a new in game feature being added soon, and the user database will have to be modified for this feature. We are currently "ironing" out the code of this new thing and we don't want to release it on play, till we know it won't crash the server every 5 minutes.

Anyone remember Manufacturing, when that was added? I'd hate to see that happen again. B)

- Marco

Hope this helps you understand, Kangaroo.

I'd like to see the game start properly - and that means more testing NOT playing, and that means looking at how all the functions work and not simply powerlevelling. Then a proper Beta - final issues sorted out, some publicity, and then the real fun starts. I wouldnt bemoan the loss of an uber-character. We all have a huge advantage over any newcomers when its relaunched.

So dont get too attached to your toons and dont weep over it.

The game is very good, but there are a lot of issues still to iron out first. And a lot of the issues are with the new toon missions and skills. Prospecting is not quite right yet. Mob agro isnt right. There are a ton of graphic and gameplay issues. Its still fine to see your plagues bite disappear into the airlock or vendor, or to have loads of XP debt because the buffs or devices didnt work. Its fine if you start 9 characters to test where the problems are and to learn how the toons operate. Its fine to powerlevel and test out the top end of the game. Its great that the ubers are doing the fishbowl and the other named MOBs with little competition. But its all got to go <pfft> for Beta and again for Live.

If you want to see progress then TEST and dont just play.

Perhaps Beta should be for those that contribute?

I have to question though. How is making everyone start over for "Live" really an issue? I didn't start playing for over a month after release and I had no problem catching up to everyone else. How much time you invest in the game is what the issue is. Somebody playing for a year that plays once a week for an hour will obviously not be as far as somebody playing for 6 months everyday for multiple hours. Investing all that time over and over again is a problem. MMO's are always in beta because they constantly change. When you buy a single player game it has a start and a finish and you beat it. There is no beating a MMO. There is no point wiping because we are just going to have to do the same mundane grind over again until the game supposedly is ready for no more wipes. Why would you invest all that time to play a game just to see your time spent go down the drain?

The things needing fixing can be fixed without a wipe. This is the whole basis behind my post.

• Downvote 5

I don't have any problem with another stress test, after all we do need to see how well the new server handles the game, and there are still issues to be fixed. Scout still has 2 more skills to get, (and to have balanced), Privateer likely needs more skills (no unique skills mentioned for them as of yet, AFAIK). JT has changes coming as well. I would second the earler poster than mentioned that there are skills that don't work right just yet. I know Fold Space is one of them, I've heard PWs saying that Combat Trance is another. Another stress test to fix those issues, in addition to adding content, and stressing the new server is a good thing in my opinion.

lol - im trying to point out that it will happen more and that you do not speak for the majority of people. its easy to have opinions when you dont know whats going on. please only speak for yourself. B)

How am I not speaking for the majority of the people? The majority have characters at 150 and spent countless hours getting there. Why are you trolling my thread with garbage posts?

• Downvote 13

I don't have any problem with another stress test, after all we do need to see how well the new server handles the game, and there are still issues to be fixed. Scout still has 2 more skills to get, (and to have balanced), Privateer likely needs more skills (no unique skills mentioned for them as of yet, AFAIK). JT has changes coming as well. I would second the earler poster than mentioned that there are skills that don't work right just yet. I know Fold Space is one of them, I've heard PWs saying that Combat Trance is another. Another stress test to fix those issues, in addition to adding content, and stressing the new server is a good thing in my opinion.

You upgrade the servers and keep the player base. That will test out the new servers just fine. Hardware and software work together, not separately.

• Downvote 11

B)

Iam semi OK with another wipe, at least my JD and JS made it to OL 109 this time. guess i won't horad as much as I did last 2 times.

do wish I could lvl fast enought to go fishing in Cooper during ST4.

NE1 see the sign up link yet?

is that opinion based on your intimate knowledge of how this game is being put back together? if so then i digress and suggest you talk to the devs and such who have control over the game's path and not post in general forums.

youre not speaking for the majority of people because the forums arent being overrun with "OMG ANOTHER PLAYER WIPE WTF?!" posts. this is a process if u dont like it may i suggest coming back when it has progressed further.

Edited by Palimow

Eating soup and watching TV aren't the same thing. Flying a kite and digging a ditch aren't the same thing. Have no idea what you are saying . . . and where did he say anything about bills?

Because he is telling me it's something I will have to learn to endure. I am saying that's like telling me to endure paying bills. Those two are not even close to the same thing. Only one of those I have to do. I'm sure you can figure out which one that is.

• Downvote 8

is that opinion based on your intimate knowledge of how this game is being put back together? if so then i digress and suggest you talk to the devs and such who have control over the game's path and not post in general forums.

youre not speaking for the majority of people because the forums are being overrun with "OMG ANOTHER PLAYER WIPE WTF?!" posts. this is a process if u dont like it may i suggest coming back when it has progressed further.

I am speaking for a lot of lost time and energy spent into a game. Whether or not you hit 150 still doesn't change that point. Anybody that made a character and is losing it is included in my post. Please stop posting garbage.

• Downvote 7

why are u getting so upset? im asking you questions. everyone puts in the amount of time they want to. you are not forced to play this game. if u dont like it dont play it. if you choose to play then yes get used to wipes and hiccups. there are plenty of other games out there.

OR you can view it this way...the wipes "extend" the games playability B)

xxx If you all have nothing better do with your time than to level the same characters over and over again, doing the exact same quests and missions and killing the same mobs for the same gear you had the last stress test, then so be it.

If that in itself doesn't ring a bell in your head then nothing will.

Have fun with the next grind, suckers.

I'm done posting here. Goodbye & good riddance.

Edited by Asmir
Edited for profanity

Is this really happening? Is there really someone here QQing about a player wipe for a game they don't pay for? Seriously? Hate to be a "hard ass" about it, but it's true. You aren't paying for it. If you donated, great! However it was just that. A donation. Not a $15 or so monthly fee. Thus there should be no QQing regarding ANYTHING the higher ups decide to do.

Sure there's nothing wrong with stating your opinion or what you think should be changed. But as a lot of people said, do you know what goes on in the back-end of the emu? Why they'd warrant a complete wipe? And even if you did. So what. Not your call.

In the end, either sit back and enjoy what you can and not complain...or you could simply leave and find another EnB emu to play on. B)

• Upvote 1

XXXX it. If you all have nothing better do with your time than to level the same characters over and over again, doing the exact same quests and missions and killing the same mobs for the same gear you had the last stress test, then so be it.

If that in itself doesn't ring a bell in your head then nothing will.

Have fun with the next grind, suckers.

I'm done posting here. Goodbye & good riddance.

Bye Bye...I don't mind doing the same missions over and over until it is good enought to go live.

I waited 5 years for this...so I will play on no matter how many player wipes there are.

By the By check the dontor list...enough said

Because he is telling me it's something I will have to learn to endure. I am saying that's like telling me to endure paying bills. Those two are not even close to the same thing. Only one of those I have to do. I'm sure you can figure out which one that is.

Then this particular game experience is probably not for you. It's a test. The Team has been *very* clear about it being a test so there's no way anyone but the most clueless could have stumbled into it thinking it was anything other than a test. During this test things may happen that may negatively alter the gameplay experience for some players - from things as minor as skill-nerfing to things as major as a player database-wipe. If these types of things are too much for some players to bear - they should probably seek out some other game(s) to play. You appear to fall into this category. There's nothing wrong with that, not everyone is suited to play in a test environment - some need more stability/structure and guarantees of service; fortunately, there are a number of alternatives out there that promise just that.