Haven't played in ages help me choose a class.

As topic says I have not played in ages and forgot most of the game, can you suggest a class for me or tell me each classes general pro's and con's.

When I played last for example terran missles had such a slow travel speed that I bascally gave that race up due to it. The range was nice but when it takes 40 seconds to get to the target it got a little annoying.

For a trader I will probally be the progen privateer just for the sheer firepower that thing has.

For a warrior I am unsure, Terrans are out unless missles travel speed has been substantially increased.

Thanks for any and all help.

Not sure when ML's ever took 40 seconds to reach a target. They are the same speed they have always been. One nice thing about their slower speed is that if you start at max range and curve towards your target you can usually get 2-3 volleys fired before the first one hits. Then get in close for your next shot and now you have 3-6 MLs all hitting the mob within a few seconds.....BOOM!

Jen have the smallest range with their main weapon of beams, Progen have a little more range with PL, and Terran's have the most range with their MLs. Of course this max range lets Terran's kite mobs 10+ levels higher than themselves (though thats not always the best CL xp per minute way to go).

Each class and race has positives and negatives....there is no one best class. Play a few to level 20 and see which you like best. :D
Take a look at net-7.org and check out the class planner to see if any interests you more/less than another. Edited by Crichton

Yeah i always felt the missles were way to slow, mostly because most of them squiggly around insted of just going for their target. I think I have seen maybe 1 type of missle that actually flies like a proper missle which is a bee-straight line to its target. it just looks stupid when the missle is spazzing out in all diff directions while traveling to the target. I do know if i was to make a miner it would be terran though, all miners kill slow, but the terran one has the advantage of being able to kill stuff and never get hit. Do you still need to use the char creator with a certan target thingy like -window to make the newer classes? or have they been implemented in game yet so I can just go in game and make one?

I like to think of the ML's targeting systems running avoidance, updating their position to the target, and seeking the least protected area. Beams and Projectiles don't do this because they are a much simpler design (at least in my head, ;) ).

Still have to use char creator since the windows client cannot be modified. Magoo has a nice post on how to do it: [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7262-how-to-create-the-3-new-classes-npc-skins/page__hl__%2Bcharacter+%2Bcreator"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7262-how-to-create-the-3-new-classes-npc-skins/page__hl__%2Bcharacter+%2Bcreator[/url]

Well I tried a pw and kept getting my butt owned mostly cuz shield sap or whatever its called didn't seem to do much, might have been my low combat level and the fact low level enemies have like nothing for shield. I have never really played a JW much, I assume they go all rogue like on enemies sneak up in cloak then unload for a massive crit bonus? But that would be a problem if the enemies are closely packed together as they usually are. For a trader-type I would deff go PP first, just because 5 gun mounts and the thing is pretty tanky. Maybe I should go PP first just so i can make some bank to outfit a JW. Only problem is PP can't make most beams if I remember right. So i'd have to seek elsewhere to get my beams made.

A Progen shouldn't be using beams, they should use guns; anyways it shouldn't be too much trouble to find someone who would be up to making your J some lasers. If you like playing the Privateer, then by all means play the Privateer. I think I heard some comments that your assessment about low levels was pretty dead on. JW? Defender? (JE, JS, JD) So far it doesn't seem to be all that hard to keep *anything* outfitted, maybe that changes at high levels. I wouldn't think it's that important to make a character just to bankroll another character when you could be spending the time playing the character you like to play and maybe spending a tiny bit of time (less than levelling a whole other character) making sure to have your gear paid for.
It's my limited understanding that the JD can use some of their other ninja magic Jenquai woo-woo to hang out toe to toe and fight after they've done their little assassination trick, if they can't vanish and come around for another shot.

"JD can use some of their other ninja magic Jenquai woo-woo" This line made me giggle. I just like the pp cuz it gets most of the trader skills but can also kick the crap out of things compared to the other 2 traders. There a way to mail items in game yet or do I need a 2nd ID to dual log?

[quote name='Scyris' timestamp='1354796305' post='68180']
"JD can use some of their other ninja magic Jenquai woo-woo" This line made me giggle. I just like the pp cuz it gets most of the trader skills but can also kick the crap out of things compared to the other 2 traders. There a way to mail items in game yet or do I need a 2nd ID to dual log?
[/quote]

On the Net-7 site you can move items between your characters vaults (need to be logged off the characters in question) so you don't need a 2nd account unless you intend to dualbox.

Jenquai Defender's are very Diverse and Versatile, not to mention fun.
[url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/112-jenquai-defender/#entry31454"]https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/112-jenquai-defender/#entry31454[/url]

I personally feel the Privateer is the best solo class for mid to high level mobs. They can keep their DPS up and heal themselves. Their main drawback is they cant escape well if they do get overwhelmed like a Jenquai can. Oh and they lack a high tech plasma debuff so you will normally be using chem or impact.

I loved my Sentinel back in the days before sunset. Started a new one here. I originally played it because I loved the concept, it was an added bonus that it was one of the least played classes in game (I like to play the "forgotten" classes in games).