Thank You

IMHO, I think what changes has transpired with the EMU has gone in a direction for the good.
All be it different and more difficult the game has become more of a challenge like I feel it was suppose to be.

To me it feels as our game has taken a more modern turn to fall more in line with the MMORPGs currently out.
To the DEVs and Beta's and anyone else working in the back ground without a title tag on the end of your name.

[color=#00ff00]Thank you ![/color]

Please don't take some of the things we say too seriously or stress about it.
It is man's nature to frown on change.
Sure I may complain about change to my JD but I got over it and adapted.

You guys have accomplished yourselves what I could not do thru two player Community mass snail mailings.
I got an offical reply. "We won't be Bringing Earth and Beyond back"

[u]YOU[/u] got our game back.

I have been here from the very beginning and from two other Earth and Beyond reincarnation attempts, One that comes to mind
"Beyond Earth Online".
One of their DEVs and my Ex-guild leader IMP had come over to this team, iirc because you were more organized, talented and determined
to get this game on line again.

To this day I think what IMP, Blast99 and all the other forgotten people have done to get this game to this point.
I remember we were trying to find a few megacomputers to run code and reverse engineer this game. (If I could use that term).
And to be quite honest I thought it was a joke it'll never happen. Look whos laughing now.

For me This EMU is a privilege, NOT A Right !, I will do what I can to contribute in a monitary, talent, constructive, imaginative and Moral supportive way.

[color=#00ff00]Thank you![/color]
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='rodsmith' timestamp='1354124645' post='67403']
I agree as well. You have done an amazing job no matter what anyone else says. You have done it better than it's creators could have.
[/quote]
Hehe, I really wouldnt go THAT far, considering westwood did all the art, graphics, voiceovers, client, assets, and the original story/mission design.

The team just put together a server that can run it. =D

[quote name='Stanig' timestamp='1354129043' post='67413']
Hehe, I really wouldnt go THAT far, considering westwood did all the art, graphics, voiceovers, client, assets, and the original story/mission design.

The team just put together a server that can run it. =D
[/quote]

True but last time i looked OUR dev's have in fact added in all the new classes westwood was just talking bout. You have added new regions as well and are planing down the road to add in new content they never even imaganed.

Plus you had to rebuild said server code from off hand notes, screenshots and memory.

• 2 months later...

True but last time i looked OUR dev's have in fact added in all the new classes westwood was just talking bout. You have added new regions as well and are planing down the road to add in new content they never even imaganed.

Plus you had to rebuild said server code from off hand notes, screenshots and memory.

I had this conversation with some folks last night, "If someone copies someone's work, but somehow adds to it to improve it in any way, is this thing still a copy?"  Personally, I say no, it's a new piece of art/music/theory or even idea.  It is a very very rare thing that someone in this world has comes up with a truly unique, never thought up before, instant acceptance type idea.

So I say kudos to this entire team, even if some times I do perform a bit of griping now an then.  There is no mistake or anything you could say/do that would make me so offended to no longer play this great creation, what is original to WW's idea, and what's original to your own.  I'll be here.