Activated Buff Skills: How Long Do They Last And Can This Be Adjusted?

Currently I do not see any mention in the skill description of how long activated buff skills last. I know there are some items/devices that buff a players activated skill (such as a TE"s Rally or a JE's Environmental shield) but its very rare for an item to buff the skill and the how long the skill lasts like the Hercules does. The L9 Hercules has three buffs. The middle buff is, "Improves all Environment Shield abilities by 3.93 Skill Level(s) and increases the length of Environmental Shields by 22 seconds when equipped."
So using a L9 Hercules a JE will get the Environmental shield to last for the default time plus 22 seconds? Or maybe its default time + 22 seconds per level for a max of 17.5 minutes (15+(22*7))?

note: I am guessing that 15 minutes is the default skill level for most activated skills. I haven't timed it but most seem to run out around the same time (except for TS's Afterburn and Null Factor which seem to last forever).

What I am wondering/suggesting is if it would be design hindering to either set the length of the buff to the skill level (like devices are setup) to a maximum of 30 minutes and/or to post the time the buff lasts in the skill description. I know I don't feel too bad having to rebuff all my devices around 30 minutes (an hour I think would have negative game and raid implications)....but its kind of annoying having to rebuff all activated L7 player skills twice as often (Enviro Shield, Repulsor Field, Shield Charging, Rally, Reactor Optimization, etc).

If the Devs are not interested in listing and/or increasing the buff times flat out maybe adding a rare device line(s) that increases the effective time limit that a player's activated buff works would be a fun compromise? Like maybe a Digiapogee RMU Space/Time fluxuator for Terrans or Collegia Maelstrom Particle Gene-Map Induction Unit for Progen?

Default skill duration is 90 seconds per skill level. Skill Level 10 = 15 minutes. Enviroshields +XXseconds buff didn't add anything, ended exactly at 15 minutes.
I've never timed afterburn, but it eventually ends, and lasts long enough to assume the listed amounts are correct.
Nullfactor has no duration, just like cloak/powerdown/inversion.

[quote name='will' timestamp='1343218341' post='60872']
Default skill duration is 90 seconds per skill level. Skill Level 10 = 15 minutes. Enviroshields +XXseconds buff didn't add anything, ended exactly at 15 minutes.
I've never timed afterburn, but it eventually ends, and lasts long enough to assume the listed amounts are correct.
Nullfactor has no duration, just like cloak/powerdown/inversion.
[/quote]

Well if it is 90 seconds per lvl then there are no skills that can last 15mins, because all the skills besides afterburn are maxed at lvl7, so that would be 630 secs max or 10 1/2 mins.

[quote name='Rossdie' timestamp='1343232039' post='60875']
Well if it is 90 seconds per lvl then there are no skills that can last 15mins, because all the skills besides afterburn are maxed at lvl7, so that would be 630 secs max or 10 1/2 mins.
[/quote]

Skills aren't maxed at 7, in terms of buffs to skills. For an explorer, for example, we still have use for the mining devices after max prospect. If you use an explorer with L7 prospect, but don't have a prospect buff, you'll find that L8-L9 prospectables take longer and require more energy than if you have a prospect buff installed. This likely applies to other skills, but I picked Prospect, because it's pretty obvious with that skill. Navigate would be another one. Navigate 7 gives 700 warp, but with a nav comp 4 or 7 Scouts & JEs can get more than 700 additional warp speed out of their engines (not counting other buffs to warp speed).

Shield recharge is the best (easiest to see) example of that.

Unequip your roadrunner or guardian, healing for 40,320 instead of 57,600 (5760 per skill level)

Id actually be curious to see an activated recharge shields skill buff and see if it works the same. Id reckon so. The answer for Crichton is likely just finding the various formulae. Edited by Ryle