Please Explain

could you please explain the new database information.
i don't understand the cookbook thingy; .
what are my "enb-emulator credentials"?
can't get any information on the download section; just comes up blank
please explain this in laymens terms, as i am not that technical.

thank you

ENB Emulator credentials are the log-in information (user name and password) that you use to log in to these forums. The Net-7 Portal account log-in and the emulator (forum) account was basically unified.

WRT the cookbook, that's just a new, more convenient way to see all at once all of the "pieces" required to build a specific item. So, if you want to build a projectile launcher, for example, you can see how the recipe now breaks it down to it's component part, and also breaks those component parts down to the ores needed to build them, and if any of those ores needed to be refined, it shows what they were refined from... all on one screen so that you're not needing to click through link after link on multiple pages to collect all that information.

Not sure what's going on with the downloads section.

Hope that helps.
  • Upvote 1

Tnx for the explanation Curis!

Yeah, the "cook book" is the comprehensive build-view of an item allowing a builder to print out (there is a print icon at the very bottom...) the whole build tree down to the ore-level.
So you don't have to click through 5 components, write down the sub comps, the ores, the vendors and stations etc....you simply print the "cook book" for the item and you got all informations you need!

@Download page.
We are on it - but make sure you have browser cache refreshed

Zackman: when you say "make sure you have browser cache refreshed" you lose me; i ask for laymen terms.
as a side note; why should i have to refresh anything; i should be able to go to a page without a lot of extras, isn't that why the "download" option is there????? Also, the cookbook is rather bizzare, as you have to scroll down the page to find what you need/want, it is just as easy to click through for the information on the database. just my opinion.

lol..you haven't built 6 component items have you? Some of the uber PMed items take 4-6 components to manufacture, and quite often are PM/loot only components to boot, with every PMed ony component you would have to search at least 3 click throughs, and maybe more to get to base ores needed to manufacture the component, then get the other 3-5, with a several click through for any OTHER PMed parts. Even if you have to scroll down..trust me..with multi click through recipes its much more less stressfull to scroll down than click through..especially when you add latency.

As he said also, its printable, the old way wasn't, so you had to click through, *scribble scribble* what you needed in ores for that com, then click through *scribble scribble* what you needed on that comp, for each component needed 3-6. Then look to see which isn't PMable and find out what vendor you need to go for to purchase it, *scribble scribble*, then after you *scribble scribbled* all that info down on paper go get it.

With cookbook..scroll down, see what you don't have already, possibly *scribble scribble* that small bit down, then go for it OR...print the recipe out and have it at hand and gather at convenience or delegate to others. Edited by Mattsacre

"Clearing your browser cache" is as close to layman's terms as it can be, Dragonrose.

A simple search will turn this up:

[url="http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser"]http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache[/url]

Hope that helps. :)