Reactor power to shield power device?

There's a Jenquai Reactor, Europa C/X000, with Shunt to Shields(Activated), Increases Shield recharge while reducing Reactor Recharge, though I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to use it.

There's no device that will directly increase your shield amount at the cost of reactor energy, that's the job of the Recharge Shields skill.

Going the other way, there are devices that will refill the reactor at the cost of shield energy, Warrior's/Martyr's Heart and Antlia's.

The JE also has the Phoenix line of devices, which will transfer their reactor energy to others, though it doesnt work yet.

Would be nice if some form of device that is the opposite of martyr's heart/antlia would exist.

Or a Phoenix-like device that transfers your reactor juice to their shields. Perhaps something for the JS...
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Tyran' timestamp='1313811670' post='44926']
Would be nice if some form of device that is the opposite of martyr's heart/antlia would exist.

Or a Phoenix-like device that transfers your reactor juice to their shields. Perhaps something for the JS...
[/quote]

Most people call it a trader with L3+ shield recharge.

Such a device would have to be Trader Only. It would also have to have a clear advantage over just using the Recharge Shields Skill. Whether it's more energy efficent or pulls less aggro. I suspect such a device would be OP.

[quote name='will' timestamp='1313758184' post='44900']
There's a Jenquai Reactor, Europa C/X000, with Shunt to Shields(Activated), Increases Shield recharge while reducing Reactor Recharge, though I can't imagine why anyone would ever want to use it.

[/quote]

Really? I solo my JE a lot, and find that my scale shield allows me to tank certain mobs 6-8 levels above my CL. While doing so, I've seen my shield whittle away to almost nothing while my reactor never falls under 75% full. Instead of sweating out that last mob with no shield left, an instant shot from my reactor directly to the shield would be a life saver. I can fire all three beams and my buffs and still never worry about power. It would be nice to see all that excess reactor power be put to use for us crazy JE's who like solo combat. As it is, if I'm in serious trouble, I either have to run like a sissy or fold space a mob or two away from me so I can get a bit of one on one action before his friends join the party again.

Yes, I know JE's aren't really designed for solo combat, but it's a nice rush to be fighting on the edge of incapacitation at times.

[quote name='Vitaes' timestamp='1313844818' post='44945']
Really? I solo my JE a lot, and find that my scale shield allows me to tank certain mobs 6-8 levels above my CL. While doing so, I've seen my shield whittle away to almost nothing while my reactor never falls under 75% full. Instead of sweating out that last mob with no shield left, an instant shot from my reactor directly to the shield would be a life saver. I can fire all three beams and my buffs and still never worry about power. It would be nice to see all that excess reactor power be put to use for us crazy JE's who like solo combat. As it is, if I'm in serious trouble, I either have to run like a sissy or fold space a mob or two away from me so I can get a bit of one on one action before his friends join the party again.

Yes, I know JE's aren't really designed for solo combat, but it's a nice rush to be fighting on the edge of incapacitation at times.
[/quote]

The effect you describe would be usefull, but is not what the Europa has, it only increases your recharge rate, and shields dont recharge during combat, so its useless.

[quote name='Yuritau' timestamp='1313821707' post='44932']
Most people call it a trader with L3+ shield recharge.
[/quote]Cheeky chappy :D

The scan skill also has an item form that raises scan range.

Same for a lot of other skills. Skill form and item form.

A JS with this item would have two healing abilities then. How powerful the second heal would be is subject to balancing ofcourse.

Only suggesting this because the JS needs useful unique items and abilities to set it apart from the TT/PP.

Honestly, on a JS, I would think a shunt shields to reactor device would be more useful, as long as it gave you at least as much reactor energy as it took to recharge your own shields.

I would consider this an almost exclusively explorer class device, as they're the ones that are likely to have enough reactor energy in combat to use this. Traders would be better served with reactor devices and recharge shields skill, as I said. Warriors simply aren't likely to have enough reactor to spare in the middle of a fight.

Even with that in mind though, I wouldn't support the addition of this kind of device. There's already enough ways to avoid grouping, why add more?

Well you did say JE and TT to start, but the effect you discribe is exactly what a PS device is, they have one type that trades shield for reactor rate of charge (shunt shield) but also 2 types other than that.
The refuge line does a 10 sec BOOST! effect, like turbo shield charge. Cant remember the name of the other but its like the reverse of shunt shield,,shunt reactor in effect..you get a shield boost effect over time for reactor reduction over time.

Maybe you are remembering those devices from live and getting your miner mixed up :D

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1313918542' post='44996']
Well you did say JE and TT to start, but the effect you discribe is exactly what a PS device is, they have one type that trades shield for reactor rate of charge (shunt shield) but also 2 types other than that.
The refuge line does a 10 sec BOOST! effect, like turbo shield charge. Cant remember the name of the other but its like the reverse of shunt shield,,shunt reactor in effect..you get a shield boost effect over time for reactor reduction over time.

Maybe you are remembering those devices from live and getting your miner mixed up :D
[/quote]

Perhaps you are correct.

[quote name='Yuritau' timestamp='1313908399' post='44992']

Even with that in mind though, I wouldn't support the addition of this kind of device. There's already enough ways to avoid grouping, why add more?
[/quote]

It's not that easy for JE's to get into good combat groups. I would prefer to group, but when the call goes out for a raid or the FB, it's not "4 JE's and a warrior" that the average group is looking for.