Donations Ideal

Why not set up a system to buy like Skill Points,Items,Hull Upgrades and so forth. It might speed up in getting money faster for the donations for the server and team who is working there tail off. Yes this might upset people that cant offerd $10.00 or even $100.00, but for thouse who can put money in can get rewarded. Just an ideal for the Dev Team. Maybe latter down the road make space stations for guilds for cash like $50.00 for set up and if any addons more money. Yes this my upsetthe balance in game but we can pull together and figure a way to make it balance..

So anyone else thinks bad or good please post.

I like this Idea, you Donate x amount and you could get a build or item skill points, the $$ will come quicker, I might be able to squeeze some $$ from my wife quicker she like to play as well. :P

[quote name='Nytmaster' timestamp='1312859234' post='44481']
Why not set up a system to buy like Skill Points,Items,Hull Upgrades and so forth. It might speed up in getting money faster for the donations for the server and team who is working there tail off. Yes this might upset people that cant offerd $10.00 or even $100.00, but for thouse who can put money in can get rewarded. Just an ideal for the Dev Team. Maybe latter down the road make space stations for guilds for cash like $50.00 for set up and if any addons more money. Yes this my upsetthe balance in game but we can pull together and figure a way to make it balance..

So anyone else thinks bad or good please post.
[/quote]

In live you could refer friends and get skill points. A reward of skill points for a donation may not be a bad incentive, maybe like 1 skill point per 5 dollars donated on a toon of your choosing, just a thought.

[quote name='Matsu' timestamp='1312860320' post='44483']
In live you could refer friends and get skill points. A reward of skill points for a donation may not be a bad incentive, maybe like 1 skill point per 5 dollars donated on a toon of your choosing, just a thought.
[/quote]

Its a nice pipe dream but if we break the EULA by 'charging' for goods in the game then EA will shut this down faster than we can say 'wait'.

have a way to sent check or money orders not just paypal i do not have a credit card because i do not believe in paying someone to let me spend my money. Wht should go out and spend a $100 and pay $110 for it. I would donate every month if i could send a M.O. why make paypal money wher this place could use there part also.I see so much donated less paypal's charge. That money would help also. just a thought

[quote name='jansbeau' timestamp='1312883627' post='44513']
have a way to sent check or money orders not just paypal i do not have a credit card because i do not believe in paying someone to let me spend my money. Wht should go out and spend a $100 and pay $110 for it. I would donate every month if i could send a M.O. why make paypal money wher this place could use there part also.I see so much donated less paypal's charge. That money would help also. just a thought
[/quote]
It kind of sucks, but I don't think there's any way to collect donations worldwide for free. Maybe those living close to the country where the bills are being paid could find a way to transfer money for free, but I think the rest is just better off sticking to paypal.

[font="Calibri"][size="3"]In this day and age, it is hard for some to remember the good ole days of checks, stamps and an envelope. If there is a checking account for the EMU you should be able to send in payments via check.[/size][/font]

[quote name='Mimir' timestamp='1312892740' post='44517']
[font="Calibri"][size="3"]In this day and age, it is hard for some to remember the good ole days of checks, stamps and an envelope. If there is a checking account for the EMU you should be able to send in payments via check.[/size][/font]
[/quote]
Doesn't that also cost money if the check isn't sent from the same country the checking account is in?

[quote name='Knix' timestamp='1312893091' post='44518']
Doesn't that also cost money if the check isn't sent from the same country the checking account is in?
[/quote]

Cashier Checks do cost money, as do money orders. As for personal checks I think you pay for the check <.02 U.S. and I am sure the wait to have it cleared for international will be greater than 5 days. Other than you taking cash (if not in the country you are paying in there will be a conversion fee) and handing it to them you will have to pay some amount over and above what you are paying.

Way of the World.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm curious too to see if this idea is in the works. Heck, for $10, I'm willing to bet many people would do that for a skill point or two, especially those of us who used points in areas that can't be reset with a CF.
  • Upvote 1

I was thinking about the $$ donations for skill points this past week as a matter of fact... Great idea if the EMU needs the donations. It would greatly enhance the experience in game and keep the servers running. I am all for it!

As mentioned above, We should put up a poll for this excellent idea. And its not like you are getting paid for work... Its still a donation and not a requirement to play the game. It only helps everyone involved. No different than giving to a cause and getting a t-shirt or a coffee mug as a way of the charitable groups' to say thanks for your help.

Thanks for reading...

-Overt.

i'm personally against it! i hate all games that offer "bonuses" and leveling / powerups for money! it just makes the rich stronger and the poor stop playing! why play a game when u can never be as strong as a noob with a large bank account? i think the idea sucks but thats just my opinion! the game gets its monthly donations as it is! why start selling in-game stuff for real money!

{edit}
Rather than bumping this back to the top, I'll add that this would significantly change the game and essentially create 2 player classes. Those who pay and those who don't, with those who pay getting ahead further and faster than those who don't. Very unlikely to happen.

Closed. Edited by Dakynos
Comment